Just got 4 tickets for each window of my car for the tints being to dark... need advice.

putting in work

Supporter
Has anyone ever gotten tickets for the tints on their window being to dark?

I got pulled over today on the way home from work for my tints being to dark... the bastard cop gave me a ticket for all four of my windows being to dark... all four windows man can you believe that crap?

Each ticket is $130 which totals to $520... I didn't count it up for sure so I don't know.

They drove off and I looked at the tickets and saw four... I drove around furiously looking for them and when I found them I started high beaming them to pull over and they sped off and put their lights on like they had an emergency.

I then drove to a precinct and tried asking some cops some questions and they had that high and mighty power with a badge attitude saying that cops gave me the tickets so if I think they didn't know what they were doing.

Has anyone got hit for their window tints in NYC and if so how did you handle it?  Did you have it removed and fought it?  Did you just pay the fine and kept the tint on?

Can I have the tickets dismissed if I have the tints removed like when you get a ticket for your headlight bulbs?

Happened in Queens, NY by the way for anyone wondering...

Has anyone ever gotten tickets for the tints on their window being to dark?

I got pulled over today on the way home from work for my tints being to dark... the bastard cop gave me a ticket for all four of my windows being to dark... all four windows man can you believe that crap?

Each ticket is $130 which totals to $520... I didn't count it up for sure so I don't know.

They drove off and I looked at the tickets and saw four... I drove around furiously looking for them and when I found them I started high beaming them to pull over and they sped off and put their lights on like they had an emergency.

I then drove to a precinct and tried asking some cops some questions and they had that high and mighty power with a badge attitude saying that cops gave me the tickets so if I think they didn't know what they were doing.

Has anyone got hit for their window tints in NYC and if so how did you handle it?  Did you have it removed and fought it?  Did you just pay the fine and kept the tint on?

Can I have the tickets dismissed if I have the tints removed like when you get a ticket for your headlight bulbs?

Happened in Queens, NY by the way for anyone wondering...

For each one? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

fight it? uh no way, its the law. only way not to pay it is to take them off and show them you did or pay the ticket and risk being caught again.

fight it? uh no way, its the law. only way not to pay it is to take them off and show them you did or pay the ticket and risk being caught again.

that's pretty harsh

you can probably try to fight it, appear in traffic court and get it reduced

what race/ethinicity are you by the way? i'm curious

that's pretty harsh

you can probably try to fight it, appear in traffic court and get it reduced

what race/ethinicity are you by the way? i'm curious

If you go speak to a court clerk you can get them reduced if you get the tint removed. I went and took a pic of a car exactly like mine that didn't have tints and they reduced my fine. lol

If you go speak to a court clerk you can get them reduced if you get the tint removed. I went and took a pic of a car exactly like mine that didn't have tints and they reduced my fine. lol

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

damn your state sucks but at the same time is cool.

in michigan you have to peel them off and bring the film to show them you took them off and you dont pay a dime.

in michigan you have to peel them off and bring the film to show them you took them off and you dont pay a dime.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

yeah if you get pulled over for them you can peel them off or get a ticket 

For real tho! each window... I know here in CA you can have your back windows tinted just not the front ones or your windshield. I've gotten pulled over a few times for my tint but never got 4 tickets. Only one for both my front windows.

For real tho! each window... I know here in CA you can have your back windows tinted just not the front ones or your windshield. I've gotten pulled over a few times for my tint but never got 4 tickets. Only one for both my front windows.

you arent supposed to get tickets for he back windows...those will automatically get thrown out

DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY

Plead not guilty and you'll have a court date about 8 months from now

you arent supposed to get tickets for he back windows...those will automatically get thrown out

DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY

Plead not guilty and you'll have a court date about 8 months from now

Originally Posted by Zyzz

yeah if you get pulled over for them you can peel them off or get a ticket 

Back
Top Bottom