Jordan VI Infrared23, Toro?

The weird thing is I didn't even start hearing all this "toro" nonsense until the 4s. Most people I knew called the 5s "raging bulls", dmp 5s, or just "red suede 5s"

The weird thing is I didn't even start hearing all this "toro" nonsense until the 4s. Most people I knew called the 5s "raging bulls", dmp 5s, or just "red suede 5s"

The 5 pack was called "Toro Bravo" pack and people started calling the red "toro" and the black "bravo". They also did use "raging bulls" a lot too.
Well some did call it red one "red suede" and the black one "3m".

People just having fun with nicknames, it doesn't really bother me.
For me, I just call most white based jordans home and black aways. I miss the simpler times.

Last edited:
So are these the QS release or are the white infrareds? The white ones are going to be at basically every store close to me, and no one here buys sneakers so all the bad *** releases sit for at least a week or two.

It was named toro because the toro IVs was the last all red release we got and thats the first relation people made with the all red color of these.

The name infrared 23 recently surfaced...

Its not a hypebeast thing, just an assumption based off of a relation.
it is a hypebeast thing though. toro is associated with NO shoes other than that pack. period. That's like saying someone calling the white/black low 11s "reverse concords" isn't hypebeast when there is no concord on the shoe. They might think it's loosely related, but really those nicknames are just entirely wrong.

Instead of dropping 400k of OG 6s they gone split it down the middle and do 200k a Colorway for the 15th

My opinion

Talked to multiple FTL managers and a rep for NDC. Ofcourse they couldn't give me details but they said that the infrared 6s will be GR and everywhere should be getting them but the infrared23s are LIMITED and they wouldn't even confirm if HOHs would be getting them

If you look at hoh sight they have multiple cw 6's coming on the 15th so i think they will

Talked to multiple FTL managers and a rep for NDC. Ofcourse they couldn't give me details but they said that the infrared 6s will be GR and everywhere should be getting them but the infrared23s are LIMITED and they wouldn't even confirm if HOHs would be getting them
This whole time i kept wishing, hoping, praying that this wouldnt happen. Damn that sucks. (if true)

It shouldnt be a surprise that the infa 23s are limited, sound like those who want them better put their raffle shoes on

Tha last Infrared was a bit darker in 2010. I'm not sure if they have an Exact Replica of the OG Infrared Color from 25 yrs ago, but they've tried to get it right.

Th Shade of Infrared just looks alot better this year. I just got a pair of "Infrared" Nike Air Max Lunar 90's... the shade (I'm pretty sure) is the exact same as the ones used on these Air Jordan VI's... it's just overall alot closer to the Original Shade used in the Late 80s/Early 90s.

On the topic of Contrast, I believe the shade of "Infrared" looks different on the THESE VI's primarily because of the "Surface" I was referring to. The Infrared on these VI's is used on Leather (or what Nike calls leather, Lol), which has a slight gloss & texture underneath the base... while the Infrared is used on the Midsole of the 3LAB5, while also being set in between a Black setting.

It's just Subtleties, bro... but they definitely make a visual difference when looked at in context. It works the same way with the Clothes We Wear... the color has a different visual effect based on the Skin Color it lays atop of.

I'm no afficionado or anything, I just know a little bit because I had to study Color in Art School. :nthat:

I mean, you're the one that took an art class and I didn't. Like I said in my previous post, what you're saying makes a lot of sense. I was just replying with my two cents, my perspective on the color scheme. At the end of the day, I could care less what the actual colors are as long as the infrared 23 6's look red like in the picture's and the white/infrared 6's look the way they do in their respective pictures because I like how both look in the pictures floating around the net. I'd be disappointed if I were to be surprised in the wrong way.

It was named toro because the toro IVs was the last all red release we got and thats the first relation people made with the all red color of these.

The name infrared 23 recently surfaced...

Its not a hypebeast thing, just an assumption based off of a relation.
it is a hypebeast thing though. toro is associated with NO shoes other than that pack. period. That's like saying someone calling the white/black low 11s "reverse concords" isn't hypebeast when there is no concord on the shoe. They might think it's loosely related, but really those nicknames are just entirely wrong.
Well if thats the only Toro they know theyre gonna call these Toro too. Its just a relation people make from what they know.

Difference of opinion is all.

This whole time i kept wishing, hoping, praying that this wouldnt happen. Damn that sucks. (if true)

It shouldnt be a surprise that the infa 23s are limited, sound like those who want them better put their raffle shoes on
Yea that's what I was expecting with the infrared23s. I'm gonna sign up for all raffles I can. Unfortunately the closest HOH to me is 40min away

For anyone wondering on the release details of both retro 6's, I called both malls nearby me and both Foot Locker's are doing raffles for both 6's and so is the only Champs in my area located at one of the two malls, both Finish Line's are getting both 6's on a FCFS basis. So, for whoever said that these shoe's may be 400k in total throughout the two wouldn't be a very farfetched idea based on the phone calls I made today.

Last edited:
I mean, you're the one that took an art class and I didn't. Like I said in my previous post, what you're saying makes a lot of sense. I was just replying with my two cents, my perspective on the color scheme. At the end of the day, I could care less what the actual colors are as long as the infrared 23 6's look red like in the picture's and the white/infrared 6's look the way they do in their respective pictures because I like how both look in the pictures floating around the net. I'd be disappointed if I were to be surprised in the wrong way.
Ey bro... you do realize that YOU ASKED ME QUESTIONS, right? I was just answering them.

Never really said anything beyond the answers to your questions. I wasn't coming back at you in any way, besides a response to your questions, bruh. LOL

And I only mentioned that I've studied it because I was clarifying that my stance wasn't coming out of thin air, while simultaneously claiming that I'm not exactly a Guru on the topic. *shrug*

I'm not too worried about the numbers out there... all I know is Both drop the same day. I'm atleast getting ONE.

If it ends up being these... I'm Set. If it's the White/Infrared's... I'm looking to sell em right back to get these bad boys. I'm really digging these.

I think I like the fact that this QS release & colorway gives me more of an Old-School feel.
nthat.gif

There's No BS Backstory or Reason for the Colorway... just a Quality looking OG Bulls Team Color palette sneaker. It could easily fit in well with the "Retro +" Colorways of the Early 00's.  

hoping to get both pair...seems like this limited talk really has amped up for these... :frown:

at least in my country these will be more limited compared to the white/infrared. the stores that bring all the jordans, won't stock them...i think it will be a footlocker exclusive here..just like the lebrons cork, black grapes 5 were etc..

personally i don't care, i got the toro 4s last year and i did not enjoy them so this will be a very easy pass.

Back
Top Bottom