Jordan VI Infrared23, Toro?

I don't know what to wear with this. Maybe black sweat or cargo shorts. Can't see myself wearing jeans with these.
black/dark jeans whould be fire.. also think kahki jeans or olive color/camo pants/shorts would look great

go after the QS first then go after the white/infrared 6's after, they should be on eastbay until noon..

. plus you can try and get those in store.. i am sure they will give out tickets for them, then get the QS online.

Yea not a bad idea, then again tickets in NJ are a f*cking joke, so many shady stores. Usually online or bust for me

Talked with my local finishline guy. Only one footaction...out of about 15 stores that sell jordans are getting these. Smh. Why is everything so hard to get now

Bro it's infrared

i know its labeled as infrared, but infrared on that material is looking weird... Maybe is just me

Just making sure I'm not color blind. So the infrared23 6s are a lil darker in color than the infrared 6s? Looks a lil darker to me in the pictures. Could be the black too making it seem that way

People will be kinda upset when they get these in hand and see there is now way these could be called toro 6's because these are nowhere near that deep red color. It's a pinkish color, which I think will look horrible all over the shoe. Infrared 23 is brighter and more pinkish/orange looking than the actual infrared color found on AM90's. If they were true Toro red then I would definetly cop

If I read the color's mentioned in most sneaker websites correctly, the only Infrared 23 on these Infrared VI's or "Toro VI's" is the jumpman on the bottom of the shoe. Just look at the picture's of both 6's, they used Infrared 23 (it's basically the new color name for Infrared) on both shoe's. On the white/infrared 6's you can quickly see the pinkish hue of the Infrared 23 color and if you look at every picture of the "Toro" 6's the only thing that has the matching color of the White/Infrared 23 6's is the jumpman on the bottom of the shoe. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual shoe was a regular red color, but who knows my opinion and observations may be completely wrong and we may all be in for a surprise when we get to see them in hand.

Last edited:
If I read the color's mentioned in most sneaker websites correctly, the only Infrared 23 on these Infrared VI's or "Toro VI's" is the jumpman on the bottom of the shoe. Just look at the picture's of both 6's, they used Infrared 23 (it's basically the new color name for Infrared) on both shoe's. On the white/infrared 6's you can quickly see the pinkish hue of the Infrared 23 color and if you look at every picture of the "Toro" 6's the only thing that has the matching color of the White/Infrared 23 6's is the jumpman on the bottom of the shoe. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual shoe was a regular red color, but who knows my opinion and observations may be completely wrong and we may all be in for a surprise when we get to see them in hand.
What alot of people don't realize is that Color is Very Subjective to its Environment. The "Infrared" is the Same "Infrared" on BOTH VI's. 
mean.gif

The reason why it looks more Pinkish on the OG White's is bc of the contrast with the White Leather. With a hue like Red, it looks brighter when paired against the color White.

In comparison, A Red hue will usually be alot Richer & Deeper against a Darker setting or paired with Black (ie: these Infrared/Black VI's).

Also, when it comes to color you have to take into account the Surface that it's on... 

The Infrared is on the Leather on these Vi's, while the Infrared is on Phylon Midsole with the OG White pair. Different surfaces play a role in creating these slight visual differences in color that you see, although it all comes from the same color origin.

Not trying to get too technical, but this "Color" conversation has been Bugging Me.  Especially knowing when it comes to production and how strategic it is... there's no way they'd waste time/money using different shades of "Infrared" on these two sneakers that are essentially part of the same collection.

What alot of people don't realize is that Color is Very Subjective to its Environment. The "Infrared" is the Same "Infrared" on BOTH VI's. 
mean.gif

The reason why it looks more Pinkish on the OG White's is bc of the contrast with the White Leather. With a hue like Red, it looks brighter when paired against the color White.

In comparison, A Red hue will usually be alot Richer & Deeper against a Darker setting or paired with Black (ie: these Infrared/Black VI's).

Also, when it comes to color you have to take into account the Surface that it's on... 

The Infrared is on the Leather on these Vi's, while the Infrared is on Phylon Midsole with the OG White pair. Different surfaces play a role in creating these slight visual differences in color that you see, although it all comes from the same color origin.

Not trying to get too technical, but this "Color" conversation has been Bugging Me.  Especially knowing when it comes to production and how strategic it is... there's no way they'd waste time/money using different shades of "Infrared" on these two sneakers that are essentially part of the same collection.
Thank you fam. Some people kill me.

Do anybody Know weather these coming to a local retail store, or they are just going to be an exclusive release. Just like the Fear pack 5's.

I ser hoh has multiple colorways on 15th on their release calander so i think they will have these

What alot of people don't realize is that Color is Very Subjective to its Environment. The "Infrared" is the Same "Infrared" on BOTH VI's. :smh:

Not trying to get too technical, but this "Color" conversation has been Bugging Me. Especially knowing when it comes to production and how strategic it is... there's no way they'd waste time/money using different shades of "Infrared" on these two sneakers that are essentially part of the same collection.

That does make a lot of sense, and I guess I don't really have many answers in response to what your points are. But I do have two similar questions, why did the last white/infrared 6's look like an almost varsity red and so many people complained that they got the color wrong. My other question on the topic of contrast, why does infrared 23 used on the midsole of the Infrared 3LAB5 V's look exactly the same as the Infrared 23 used on the white/infrared 23 6's and the jumpman on the bottom of the black/infrared 23 6's. I mean, the color contrasting the Infrared 3LAB5 V's midsole is black and they have that pinkish/orangish hue as seen on this years white/infrared 6's and in my opinion only on the jumpman underneath these black/infrared 6's.

By the way, if anyone wants any release information on either Retro 6, they are both releasing on Saturday the 15th as of right now I only know for sure on champssports.com, finishline.com, and footlocker.com. I'm sure Nike will do their thing, as well as the other popular sites like eastbay.com and footaction.com being that FTL and Champs are affiliated with these websites. Tomorrow I'll start calling up store's near me since the two big malls nearby (5-10min away) usually get all the releases.

That does make a lot of sense, and I guess I don't really have many answers in response to what your points are. But I do have two similar questions, why did the last white/infrared 6's look like an almost varsity red and so many people complained that they got the color wrong. My other question on the topic of contrast, why does infrared 23 used on the midsole of the Infrared 3LAB5 V's look exactly the same as the Infrared 23 used on the white/infrared 23 6's and the jumpman on the bottom of the black/infrared 23 6's. I mean, the color contrasting the Infrared 3LAB5 V's midsole is black and they have that pinkish/orangish hue as seen on this years white/infrared 6's and in my opinion only on the jumpman underneath these black/infrared 6's.
Tha last Infrared was a bit darker in 2010. I'm not sure if they have an Exact Replica of the OG Infrared Color from 25 yrs ago, but they've tried to get it right.

Th Shade of Infrared just looks alot better this year. I just got a pair of "Infrared" Nike Air Max Lunar 90's... the shade (I'm pretty sure) is the exact same as the ones used on these Air Jordan VI's... it's just overall alot closer to the Original Shade used in the Late 80s/Early 90s.

On the topic of Contrast, I believe the shade of "Infrared" looks different on the THESE VI's primarily because of the "Surface" I was referring to. The Infrared on these VI's is used on Leather (or what Nike calls leather, Lol), which has a slight gloss & texture underneath the base... while the Infrared is used on the Midsole of the 3LAB5, while also being set in between a Black setting.

It's just Subtleties, bro... but they definitely make a visual difference when looked at in context. It works the same way with the Clothes We Wear... the color has a different visual effect based on the Skin Color it lays atop of.

I'm no afficionado or anything, I just know a little bit because I had to study Color in Art School. 
nthat.gif

TORO 4 was GR,,i dont see why this **** is LIMITED,,oh well,,we shall see
These have nothing to do with the toro 4s. It's not like there was 2 4s that dropped that day either. These INFRARED23 6s and Infrared 6s are dropping the same day. One is bound to be limited

The 14th may cost me a lot of money if I pick up everything that I want. Basically everything but the KD.

Yea not really feeling the "toro" Behind the 6s ain't nuttin bout dem red like the 5s nor will the resell go as high as the minimum resell price as the REAL toros go for ........dey hot doe but scratch that name

Yea not really feeling the "toro" Behind the 6s ain't nuttin bout dem red like the 5s nor will the resell go as high as the minimum resell price as the REAL toros go for ........dey hot doe but scratch that name
They're called infrared 23 idk why some hypebeast put toro on here

Limited, or not i'll try for these after I (hopefully) secure a pair of white/infrared. These are cool, could have had several improvements, but still a very coppable shoe for me. I won't be terribly disappointed if I miss out, as long as I land the white/infrared. Red near the front of the midsole would have set these off imo.

Last edited:

They're called infrared 23 idk why some hypebeast put toro on here
It was named toro because the toro IVs was the last all red release we got and thats the first relation people made with the all red color of these.

The name infrared 23 recently surfaced...

Its not a hypebeast thing, just an assumption based off of a relation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom