Jordan V Laney 2013-Modern Notoriety "Confirmed"

"I hate these! Quality is garbage! Too expensive!! Only 3 pairs for me on release day because my mama had them! Hissssss grrrrrrrrrr!"

Some of y'all are funny

Last edited:
trust me, creasing toe boxes are no fun tho I never really took issue with how the Vs creased.

my 04 flint XIIIs showed crease lines after 1 wear with force fields. definitely doesn't make me feel good.

Me personally i like the stiff leather. I wore my wc 4s and fire red vs from january numerous of times with no creasing what so ever.

The reason we are getting fake tumbled leather is because of whats happening in this forum right now.... complaining. JB doesn't use real leather because real leather creases very easy and people complained about their shoe creasing. They listen to what is being said believe it or not.

You don't honestly believe this, do you?

my 04 flint XIIIs showed crease lines after 1 wear with force fields. definitely doesn't make me feel good.
I know the feel bro. XIIIs and 8s always scare me off cause of that crazy crease they get

I'm all set for these Laneys tho, that pebbled whatever is looking mighty fine to me

Can we stop with this creasing talk? If you wear your shoes and walk like a normal person, TENNIS SHOES CREASE! Regardless of leather quality. The issue is will you have the deep, unnatural looking toe box crease that you get with recent "leather" used or natural, wrinkle like creases you would get with better quality materials used.

^^^yes shoes crease but there will continue to be creasing talk forever because some shoes crease horribly compared to others. I'm ok with subtle creasing that the 1s, 4s and 5s get, but XIIIs are infamous.

The reason we are getting fake tumbled leather is because of whats happening in this forum right now.... complaining. JB doesn't use real leather because real leather creases very easy and people complained about their shoe creasing. They listen to what is being said believe it or not. Some of yall put too much into a sneaker and want it to look new forever and forgot that even if they are old they are still basketball shoes and made to play in. And yes I play in quite a few numbered Jordan's... 5's, 7's, 11's and 12's so they are made to play in with materials that will last longer like the fuse material does in modern technology. If you don't like the shoe just don't buy it. I can't wait for these because these are the only 5's I need to finish my collection of 5's so I'll take the stiff split grain leather because it will last longer.

Yep, People are never happy.

I realize more and more daily that most people just aren't looking for the same things out of their sneakers as I am, so I can't knock JB for appealing to the wider "Do whatever you have to so my sneakers don't crease" demographic.

Not absolutely sure what that line is in reference to though. I could care less about what people can see from a distance. I care about how it feels in my hands; how the V's from January felt like steel-toe boots on my feet.

It's because most people care about how kicks look on their feet, not in hand.

And I don't find any of them that uncomfortable, and different insoles can solve most of it.

then why does you fav nba player &/or college player rock them .....

exactly

yes they are good for hoopin in @justed381 you may need to swap insole's in them

Cold, you're one of my favorite NTers...But I have to strongly disagree with you here...

Jordan retros are just that...retros. A shoe that was cutting edge 15 years ago. While the stability of them SHOULD hold up for playing basketball, they're really poor basketball shoes both in terms of construction (weight) and technology (original air).

Your favorite player rocks them for the same reason that we rock them...nostalgia and style. Retro Jordans are not a shoe for function...they are for fashion.

Truthfully, any Nike basketball shoe that doesn't feature zoom is suspect. I think every Lebron except for the VII's feature zoom.

Air Force 1's used to be basketball shoes...they've since been moved to NSW. Same goes for Air Max retros as far as running shoes go.

Let's be honest here - does Nike technology make you play any better? Probably not. I've been working out in my lebron XI's and comparing them to Jordan's I've worked out in there isn't a sizable difference in terms of how my feet feel both during and after. If you get a good replacement insole any shoe will feel cutting edge.

they do it for style but the insole swap usually takes care of the comfort... & a lot of them dbl or stack insoles for added comfort

nate rob, monta, drummond,tony wroten etc are all great examples of this these dues ball in nothing but jordan retros current & old

& 1's may be nsw now but you kno sheed balled every min in high top AF1's

Last edited:
Jordan V's with insoles are still pretty garbage. :lol:

I use Spenco Pro-Form's and Cross-Trainers in all my shoes, Jordan 3's-6's. are not affected whatsoever with an insole, the shoes are very flat and uncomfortable no matter what.

Last edited:
 The reason we are getting fake tumbled leather is because of whats happening in this forum right now.... complaining. JB doesn't use real leather because real leather creases very easy and people complained about their shoe creasing.
Funny, I love that explanation, like someone from JB headquarters wrote it. The reason they use split instead of full grain is the price of it, around 3 times cheaper, so yeah...

The reason we are getting fake tumbled leather is because of whats happening in this forum right now.... complaining. JB doesn't use real leather because real leather creases very easy and people complained about their shoe creasing.
Funny, I love that explanation, like someone from JB headquarters wrote it. The reason they use split instead of full grain is the price of it, around 3 times cheaper, so yeah...
Yep.

As for "complaining," I keep forgetting what passes for real discussion in this section.

"COPPED!"

"How much is the resell going to be?"

"How limited?"

"What's NDC?"

"4 pairs son."

"What time should I line up?"

"What's TLO?"

Last edited:
I just want to get one pair and that's it for all the other nonsense in this thread. I can care less :lol:

I know the feel bro. XIIIs and 8s always scare me off cause of that crazy crease they get

I'm all set for these Laneys tho, that pebbled whatever is looking mighty fine to me

good luck getting your shoes.
the recent XIIIs hold up better crease-wise vs the older ones tho better materials overall were used on the older pairs.

at the end of the day, JB will continue to use what they will use. people will cry about materials but still hand the cash over. c'est la vie.

air-jordan-5-laney-arriving-at-retailers.jpg

air-jordan-5-laney-arriving-at-retailers-03.jpg

air-jordan-5-laney-arriving-at-retailers-01.jpg

via- Wish ATL

I wore mine today and the shoes creased just putting them on for the first time

But that's what I expect from nike back in 99 when the og's released and I dont expect anything different in 2013

Just a higher price
But overall its a good quality retro
I would expect for these to hit outlets like the other 5's released this year in 3 to 4 months time like most retros did in 2013

Last edited:
Mackelmore is the man! one of the best rappers alive IMO rapping about real stuff not fancy crap that nobody cares about, and you guys kill me with this creasing stuff because the better the leather the easier they are to crease so either cry about creasing and shut up about the quality or enjoy those creases with your quality shoe which do you want? me personally give me the creases and the quality!

Ill take care of these the best I can, but I won't stress just wear them as thats what they are made for.

Back
Top Bottom