Jordan V Laney 2013-Modern Notoriety "Confirmed"

Pure sex...hopefully this plays out like grape v release and I'm able to cop multiple pairs.

I wanna say grape cw has more hype around than these?? Still no easy cop tho...

Still on the hunt for a 2000 pair size 12-13. I just hate the new molds

I'm not too crazy for the new mold either, but I think I'm going to do something I almost never do when it comes to sneakers and just settle for it. Before the year ends though I too will try to have both this upcoming release and a 2000 pair that I'll wear first.

They didn't...
I thought he was talking about why they would change the flat laces from the OGs to the oval laces for certain Vs.

That wouldn't make sense with this particular pair. Oval laces and Laney V's always ran together, so nothing is different in that regard. Only MJ himself and the design team behind the 2000 Laney V release would be able to tell us why they had oval laces in the first place.

I'm sure it's been said in this thread by now but I still can't get over the fact that these are so coveted, but in 2000 you literally couldn't give them away. They were $59 at my Foot Locker.

Even cheaper than that in some places.

I think that's part of what's made these so coveted. Since they were so cheap, ppl bought these to wear into the ground and they did. Since there aren't too many decent pairs floating around cats are beasting over them.

The "leather" on these look good for the most part.

And cosign on a white/metallic retro.

I've always liked this colorway I've never been a fan of the V's but these will have to be copped

Still on the hunt for a 2000 pair size 12-13. I just hate the new molds

I would just cop this shoe tbh. The reason why I don't cop shoes that are pretty old is because I want to be able to wear them as long as possible. Nothing wrong with looking for a 2000 pair but i still cop these just in case that 2000 pair doesn't last very long

I'm not too crazy for the new mold either, but I think I'm going to do something I almost never do when it comes to sneakers and just settle for it. Before the year ends though I too will try to have both this upcoming release and a 2000 pair that I'll wear first.

all this, shoes back in those years just really are not worth the hassle to fix up if/when something bad happens to them and it most definitely will.

I agree this years 5's have been a let down and the new shape is terrible, personally the Metallic 5's from 2011 were the worst retro'd V I have seen and owned, couldn't wait to sell them. I can;'t remember what thread I spoke about it but for anyone who owns the Wolf Grey V's, you'll know when I say that they are almost the last good Retro 5 in terms of the molds they used for all the 06-07 releases, and those came out the same year of the Metallic's, so who knows if they have the old/er mold stowed away somewhere or they are just using the new mold now.

I have been stumped for a long time at how much of a change they actually did:

View media item 547960

Copped these at Copelands Sports back in the day....2 for $80 or $40 each...they had a whole rack of these and also had smaller sizes of the Fire Red V's and white/cement IV's from 99'...also had those white/navy VI's from 00' and even some OG Shadow X's....this was like back in 2000-2002...man I miss those days...

to me the molds on the 06-07s arnt that great to me how it banana curves inward at the back of the shoe 
eyes.gif
 just my 2 cents. Not a mold guru but I would pick 2011/2013s 

to me the molds on the 06-07s arnt that great to me how it banana curves inward at the back of the shoe 
eyes.gif

just my 2 cents. Not a mold guru but I would pick 2011/2013s 
Not really that informed regarding molds...why is or isn't it a big deal? Is there that much of a noticeable difference?

the mold standard is the shape of the ogs a lot of people want a shoe to be an exact clone down to the shape but molds are thrown away so I dont blame it for being off sometimes. 

the mold standard is the shape of the ogs a lot of people want a shoe to be an exact clone down to the shape but molds are thrown away so I dont blame it for being off sometimes. 

clearly not thrown away, as per my comparison of the Wolf Grey Vs.

Same year as the 2011 Metallics, yet 2 different shapes, build etc.

i got mine on lock already. im not gloating or anything but these will be hard to come by. the week leading to release this thread is gonna go up 100 pages.

Back
Top Bottom