Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

I just wanna remind y'all that Eastbay started as a phone order shoe company, I remember they used to send out catalogues and you would call the 1-800 number to make orders. You think that after thirty years of doing the same thing on every hyped Jordan release (or other) that they wouldn't have their act straight today?

Their entire system is BASED on phone orders, it was their original sales model. If you got thru on EB today, rest assured, they are prepared to handle your order appropriately, if not then shame on them. But everyone saying it's going to be cancelled really has to just look at the facts.

View media item 2391915

Last edited:
I just wanna remind y'all that Eastbay started as a phone order shoe company, I remember they used to send out catalogues and you would call the 1-800 number to make orders. If you think that after thirty years of doing the same thing on every hyped Jordan release (or other) that they wouldn't have their act straight today?

Their entire system is BASED on phone orders, it was their original sales model. If you got thru on EB today, rest assured, they are prepared to handle your order appropriately, if not then shame on them. But everyone saying it's going to be cancelled really has to just look at the facts.
yeah you right I remember staring at them magazines at lunch time with friends in jhs. 

yeah you right I remember staring at them magazines at lunch time with friends in jhs. 

Yeah those things would come in the mail and I would bring them to school to look at with friends. I'm really starting to show my age here, it's crazy to think that there was no e-commerce at one point. :lol:

Yeah those things would come in the mail and I would bring them to school to look at with friends. I'm really starting to show my age here, it's crazy to think that there was no e-commerce at one point. :lol:
Ahh bringing the old eastbay to school routine. I definately remember that. Dreaming of all the shoes you wish your parents would buy for you.

Yeah those things would come in the mail and I would bring them to school to look at with friends. I'm really starting to show my age here, it's crazy to think that there was no e-commerce at one point.
laugh.gif
O yeahhhh. That's some elementary school ****zz. Eastbay brochures and Game Informer magazines for lunch/recess. 
pimp.gif

I just wanna remind y'all that Eastbay started as a phone order shoe company, I remember they used to send out catalogues and you would call the 1-800 number to make orders. You think that after thirty years of doing the same thing on every hyped Jordan release (or other) that they wouldn't have their act straight today?

View media item 2391915

Yeah but most if not all the stock was sold online days ago. A automatic system which replaced a actual rep. I would imagine when the website went live, they cut customer service jobs by more than half.

Is there something I don't know about a fast checkout on Eastbay. Could someone fill me in? I struck out on the release, skip most of this thread since.. yeaa heartbroken?

Is there something I don't know about a fast checkout on Eastbay. Could someone fill me in? I struck out on the release, skip most of this thread since.. yeaa heartbroken?
Call any one of the following - Eastbay, Footlocker, Footaction, Champs - and if you're lucky enough to speak with the right rep, they'll place a phone order for you. A few pairs are on "backorder" but don't mention backorder during the call...just give them this (55088 007) and ask for your size.

Was at the gym and wanted to see what's up with EB. People still placing orders apparently based on recent posts but Mike told me they're sold out (not backordered) and have been sold out for awhile. Nice fella. He knew I was asking about Royals before I even noted the SKU. Was unsure about cancellations and shipping though.

Hmm, I'm going to unfollow the thread for now but curious to see the aftermath. For those who hoped to have copped their 1st pair on EB, hope you guys get shipping!

Last edited:
Call any one of the following - Eastbay, Footlocker, Footaction, Champs - and if you're lucky enough to speak with the right rep, they'll place a phone order for you. A few pairs are on "backorder" but don't mention backorder during the call...just give them this (55088 007) and ask for your size.
Called Champs. Said they don't have permission for phone orders on Royals yet. Only available online. Going to check with FTA just to see what's up.

FTA said they can't ATC on the website. Will need to wait until stock is reloaded again at which point it will be available to manually ATC on the site anyways. So bots will eat in that case.

Anyways, best of luck to those looking to still eat.

Last edited:

Called Champs. Said they don't have permission for phone orders on Royals yet. Only available online. Going to check with FTA just to see what's up.

FTA said they can't ATC on the website. Will need to wait until stock is reloaded again at which point it will be available to manually ATC on the site anyways. So bots will eat in that case.

Anyways, best of luck to those looking to still eat.
Did you try Footlocker and Eastbay?

Did you try Footlocker and Eastbay?
Tried Eastbay before Champs and Footaction. About 15-20 mins after your order confirmation post. Spoke to Mike. They're done and have been sold out for awhile. Not sure whether EB pairs will be shipped or canceled regarding the orders placed during the day.

Edit: FTL said they're sold out and will be available online first anyways. Rep knew I called about Royals as soon as I started reading the sku to him.

Last edited:
Shipping confirmation from Footlocker.. I learned the hard way that up to this point everything is possible but now I´m good :wink:

Eastbay is in Wisconsin - Central Time Zone

around 2pm-3pm tomorrow the warehouse will update peoples shipping or cancel

as well, the Mail arrives which Eastbay is expecting a shipment in of more royals on the 4/4 hence the backorder date

Around 12pm PST we'll see some action 
nerd.gif

Thoughts on already paying resell for these?

It's the nature of the beast. You are also paying a few bucks for the piece of mind of not dealing with a lot of BS that's involved with buying shoes for retail.

Back
Top Bottom