Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

And no shoe Nike or JB puts out is worth $200+... I prefer get 3 or 4 Nike retros for $200 or less instead of the same Jordan's everyone else will have on. Especially when I've already had most of them when they were more reasonably price and made better........ Sorry if that makes me broke!

And no shoe Nike or JB puts out is worth $200+... I prefer get 3 or 4 Nike retros for $200 or less instead of the same Jordan's everyone else will have on. Especially when I've already had most of them when they were more reasonably price and made better........ Sorry if that makes me broke!
Na man, that dont make you broke.  Everyone is entitled to like or dislike whatever the hell they damn choose and props to you for going against the grain.

Your entitled to your opinion as well, but you gotta lay off the JB hate.

So wait a minute, are you telling me that the high quality retro's that both Adidas and Reebok both have, and then are continually putting out, are more expensive, even though the pricing shown in the old Eastbay catalogs are the same as they are today? 

It seems that some are cherry picking facts, in order to support their favorite brand.

Over the past few years, there has been a steady increase in Nike/Jordan pricing, regardless of the economic climate. 

Are you really telling me that I should not expect top quality footwear, in a one hundred seventy dollar sneaker?
The retro's that reebok and adidas make definetly cost more to make today (2014) then they did in the 90s.. I didnt think that was in question. 

It's not that big of a deal, yet you're acting like the sneaker world is doing us some inhumane injustice that challenges our integrity. It's just a few bucks, baby. If 200 dollars is a lot for some J's to you then just keep it moving.
 That is exactly what is going on but its not the sneaker world doing its Jordan Brand! You don't think its a big deal because you don't know any better SMH. Guess that's part of the NEW sneaker world lol!!! Pay more get less just to be part of the in-crowd. I am cut from a different cloth my man... There are so many other different retro models to collect... You can have your sub par Jordans lol

The retro's that reebok and adidas make definetly cost more to make today (2014) then they did in the 90s.. I didnt think that was in question. 
Now you are talking about what costs more to make.

I thought the debate was about how much they were CHARGING.

Adidas and Reebok are charging the same as they were in the Nineties for the retro's in question. So why is Nike/Jordan charging more?

Obviously, it isn't the economy.

Now you are talking about what costs more to make.

I thought the debate was about how much they were CHARGING.

Adidas and Reebok are charging the same as they were in the Nineties for the retro's in question. So why is Nike/Jordan charging more?

Obviously, it isn't the economy.
no they arent.. shaq attaqs didnt retail at 160 when they first came out.

shoes cost more in 2014 then they did in the 90s.. you might be able to come up with a couple of retros that sell for the same, but in GENERAL shoes cost more then they did in the 90s.

Last edited:
Yea but do you own the shaqs?

Quality and comfort ***** all over the jordan retros

Id glady take the inflation excuse up the *** if nike made the jordan retros remotely close to how comfortable and good material wise they use to be

Shaq Attaqs were $130 in 1993. Reebok tried to pull a Nike/JB with the retro because of the hype... It only worked with the first release which was of course limited.

Id glady take the inflation excuse up the *** if nike made the jordan retros remotely close to how comfortable and good material wise they use to be
actually I do, I have the OG white Orlando colorway..

no they arent.. shaq attaqs didnt retail at 160 when they first came out.

shoes cost more in 2014 then they did in the 90s.. you might be able to come up with a couple of retros that sell for the same, but in GENERAL shoes cost more then they did in the 90s.
The above poster stated 130, and you are right, shoes in general are more expensive.

However, that does not support the argument that Nike/JB increase in prices for the remastered series is justified. They should have had the highest quality at one hundred seventy dollars, hell, even the ONE SIXTY that Reebok is now charging. There is no excuse for a shoe that chips, and then falls apart after several good wears both in, and then outdoors while playing, or simply while even rocking them off court.

200 dollars isn't necessary, but they had better damned well be near indestructible.  

Last edited:
Im tired of all of this damn arguing about inflation.  The cost increase is in part due to inflation, but also due to the fact that Nike can charge more for a pair of shoes.  Nike lists their 10K for the last 30 years on their website.  Gross Profit percentage last year was 46%, but in 1990 is was 35%.  While there is inflation (no body is arguing there isn't), Nike also makes more on each shoe it sells compared to the 90s.

nah JB charges this because they see what resale is, dont think they dont have moles running around seeing whats happeneing,"ok lets make them limited and throw them a slight bone and slap nike air on them" boom the price goes through the roof cuz they see people paying $400+ for a shoe that cost them $50 or less to make, why not take a piece of that pie? oh and by the way guys we are making a few releases with OG esque ( i say esque cuz i dont believe they will be that good anyways) and going to charge you more than any other retro ever. im not buying into this crap from JB and i hope we can eventually understand this and force them to change things in the future. its hard to do especially since they sell out regardless but JB is screwing us on many levels and im tired of it.

nah JB charges this because they see what resale is, dont think they dont have moles running around seeing whats happeneing,"ok lets make them limited and throw them a slight bone and slap nike air on them" boom the price goes through the roof cuz they see people paying $400+ for a shoe that cost them $50 or less to make, why not take a piece of that pie? oh and by the way guys we are making a few releases with OG esque ( i say esque cuz i dont believe they will be that good anyways) and going to charge you more than any other retro ever. im not buying into this crap from JB and i hope we can eventually understand this and force them to change things in the future. its hard to do especially since they sell out regardless but JB is screwing us on many levels and im tired of it.
these shoes cost them 10-20 dollars or less to make. also what do you mean a few OG esque? why do people still think it's only going to be special "remastered" pairs? get that out of your heads dudes it was clear from the beginning that they said they were attempting to revamp the entire retro line. I'm sure the video is in here as well with the red 10s stating increased "quality" will start spring 2015. not just on a few releases, but the entire effort by JB. not saying this justifies any sort of price increase as it's already sky high but that is the plan for JB. don't know why folks started hyping up "remasterd" releases like they would be a special limited thing or something. I guess the hypebeasts would rather have it that way huh
laugh.gif

Last edited:

i totally agree with this, this week i unDSed my black pair and i have owned the OG white cw in 93

the comfort of them things are super high, its like walking on clouds, they fit snug but ultra comfortable

i seriously got a throwback moment when i stepped my foot into the shoe and pumped up the tongue

the comfort level from jordans on the other hand are very low its like walking on a wooden plank and all that for 170 bucks
mean.gif

they pay that much because nike doesnt make enough  and some mofo's are desperate to get the shoe.. so rich people with money buy the whole store up and resell.. sucks big time..

My take on the whole quality issue is this, I believe Nike started using subpar materials as a business experiment. I think they wanted to push retro after retro because they seen what the direction the market was heading towards. Proof of this can be the Jordan III. They wanted to see if the consumers would spend money on subpar projects over and over for higher profits. Which we did, hook, line and sinker. After awhile they seen what even those would resale for through the market via eBay and other outlets. Which caused a price hike, during this though they seen us as consumers complain about quality issues yet still pay the price. They figured, let's add better quality and jack the price up even higher. Which the majority of Nike/Jordan Brand consumers will buy. Take into consideration that yes, inflation does play apart as well but hype drives the value. Which can be seen with the price of LeBron's, Kobe's and Foams costing more and more now. Nike is a business and the object is to get as much money as possible. With the increasing popularity of being a "sneakerhead" in today's society the problem will only continue because we're all willing to pay the price. I wouldn't be surprised that by 2025 or perhaps even sooner that Jordan retros will cost around $300 retail. However I could be totally wrong but this is just my take on it.

Back
Top Bottom