Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

The article mentions MJ didn't want them to use calfskin? Is that correct? Is it an inferior material? What do they plan on changing it too?

JB is a business. They're not going to do anything to cut their profit margins. If there is an increase in quality, you can bet you will pay for it fourfold. The cynic in me, hell the person that has been witnessing the decline in quality over the past 10 or so years, thinks that it's an excuse to justify the increase in prices. From their standpoint, why do they need to increase quality? The vast majority of shoes they put out sell out in minutes. Why announce this now?

-I agree, the profit margins have to look good first and foremost for them to pull this move.

Other thoughts

-The new molds will cost them little in the long run. Better materials, might warrant a 5% increase (probably less), and they will pocket the other 5%.

-It give them a built in excuse to increase prices again. "we giving you better material, they cost more" we gotta jack up prices in the new future

-Reebok and Adidas have been straight embarrassing them with recreating retroes.

-This move might be political. A executive wants to leave their mark on the brand, happens all the time. So they find a problem that they can blame on the predessor and fix it. JB profits get better, cuctomers are presumably happier because the are getting a problem fixed they been complaing about for over a damn decade, and you get to pat yourself on the back and use that as levage for a promotion. Everyone wins :rolleyes

The article mentions MJ didn't want them to use calfskin? Is that correct? Is it an inferior material? What do they plan on changing it too?

calf skin is just high end leather that's very smooth that they use on fashion sneakers like Balenciagas. basically MJ was saying don't go crazy on the upgrades, I got cribs and mistresses to pay for

wasnt chicago 1's rumored to release in 2015?

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

hype will be ridiculous if they are "remastered"

if they come out after spring 2015 they will be

calf skin is just high end leather that's very smooth that they use on fashion sneakers like Balenciagas. basically MJ was saying don't go crazy on the upgrades, I got cribs and mistresses to pay for
if they come out after spring 2015 they will be

Lol! As someone who loves designer sneakers that would have been a welcomed move. I think Nike because of their size compared to designer brands could probably drive prices pretty low on the hides. Maybe not low enough. Were the originals calfskin?

Lol! As someone who loves designer sneakers that would have been a welcomed move. I think Nike because of their size compared to designer brands could probably drive prices pretty low on the hides. Maybe not low enough. Were the originals calfskin?
Dude acts like he wont be making a profit smh man :smh:

Dude acts like he wont be making a profit smh man :smh:

MJ's cheapness is on a whole other level :lol:

It is good news but really its a tactic to get people to buy their collection all over again because its now better quality - basically they have run out of shoes to retro.

I expect the release schedule will ramp up and production numbers to do the same. Next year will be expensive, no thirst in a market will be left unquenched for too long, there are profits to be made.

Those VII's  conjur memories, had my Lakers throwback thinking I was fab in the video
roll.gif
 young and influenced nonetheless, VII's are my fav model and I am all in!!  

The thing that most of us are missing here is that Jordan has us talking about what their shoes are going to look at 6 months away. They accomplished exactly what they wanted to already.

it would be cool for them to put out some special retros with high end leather but their demographic would not be able to afford every Jordan being made of calf skin. Balenciaga Arenas are the cheapest shoe I know of that uses calf skin and they cost almost 600$, most are closer to 1000$. I think those Jordan 1 style luxury sneakers are made with calf skin, and they're gonna cost like 400$.

and no OGs weren't calf skin they were just quality leather that was made to be the best quality shoe possible as opposed to the cost cutting stuff they've been putting out

Last edited:
Give me proper OG 1s, and correct versions of original colorways of IIIs, IVs, Vs, and VIs. That is all I ask....I will pay for a product I want. I will NOT pay for almost. The mentality of "at least they are retroing (insert model here)" has never made sense to me. Do them right or don't waste my time.

Man, THIS! I say this word for word all the time. I've gotten to a point where I don't even mind anymore though since they do right by so few pairs that I only make one or two purchases a year.

The fact that it's been that way for the last 3 years has me a little more accepting of a markup with the right mold and quality sadly.

it would be cool for them to put out some special retros with high end leather but their demographic would not be able to afford every Jordan being made of calf skin. Balenciaga Arenas are the cheapest shoe I know of that uses calf skin and they cost almost 600$, most are closer to 1000$. I think those Jordan 1 style luxury sneakers are made with calf skin, and they're gonna cost like 400$.

and no OGs weren't calf skin they were just quality leather that was made to be the best quality shoe possible as opposed to the cost cutting stuff they've been putting out

Ya but I was thinking with Chinese labor and nike's size they could get it to like $300. Unlikely for widespread adoption since people can barely swallow a $20 increase. Did the originals use calfskin tho?

Last edited:
Damn, JB ain't playing. We all saw the $200 price tag coming, but this soon?

they just realized their Quality is now on fakes level lol
"If yall don't think that these quality improvements had nothing to do with AAAA+ fake Nike/Jordan products rehab spots are open 24/7"

Quote from twitter 
2j0yzj5.jpg

Last edited:
so now i gotta buy the remastered version of retroes i already own? damn smh. jb owns my wallet.

This is good news if they actually do it. I wouldn't mind paying 185 for cement 4s if they have good leather and a nice shape. While I still feel like a price increase isn't needed to get that quality at the current price point of Jordan's, it is what it is. Literally the only shoe I want is cement 4s though.
Im with ya man, they remaster all them OG 4s with NIKE AIR on back and OG quality leather and nubuck id have no problem at all paying 200 retail at all on the white and black cements. WC4s ard the G.O.A.T.S. to me.

What the hell, I'm with dude who said any quality jump is a bonus. I 'm gonna pay whatever anyway. Didn't blink to drop three bills on black/red 1's, Space Jams, Red Devils, and whatever else I bought in the last year. I would really like to see some serious minds get together and fix the damn riddle that is 3 and 4 midsoles (and 8's and 2's to a lesser extent).

Back
Top Bottom