Jordan 1 x Nike SB QS!!!!

All shoes crease, some just crease better than others. Although I'm not sure if these are creasing or folding lol. First wear today, been about 2 hours, 1 of those spent driving. 1st shot is feet flat, 2nd is with heels lifted. They don't look bad when flat, but I gotta admit they don't crease well at all. Oh well, they're shoes and they keep my feet clean!
View media item 898274View media item 898276

Last edited:
All shoes crease, some just crease better than others. Although I'm not sure if these are creasing or folding lol. First wear today, been about 2 hours, 1 of those spent driving. 1st shot is feet flat, 2nd is with heels lifted. They don't look bad when flat, but I gotta admit they don't crease well at all. Oh well, they're shoes and they keep my feet clean!
look fine to me...its not that big of a deal honestly. Its a shoe, it won't last forever anyway, wear it and be happy, if unhappy don't wear it or move on from it...now lets get this thread back on topic...please more shots of the shoe on foot, this winter weather in april has me itching to finally wear my pair.

nah i havent seen foams shaped like 1s. 

would u describe this shoe that changes color as retro? neutral? are we really having this conversation? it's part of their whole future collection.... 

There's absolutely nothing about this shoe that's futuristic. Don't fall for the Nike Marketing BS because the color shifting paint has been in use for a long time in the car world, and even in the sneaker world this isn't a first. The ballistic mesh with silver threading? That can be traced back to the AJ 13 and back then at least they didn't skimp, using 3M Scotchlite to giving the shoe a real bit of brightness, and you can trace the use of Scotchlite back to the AJ5 and even earlier than that to the Nike Air Epic in 85. The Outsole had what I thought was going to be a new piece of tech when it looked like they'd stuck a carbon fiber plate into the midsole, I thought they'd figured out how to adapt the Proplate tech from the XX8 for use in a skate shoe, but it looks like that's just in there for looks and not actually anything to enhance its skatability.

Lastly let's be honest the reason skaters picked up the original AJ1 back in 85/86 is because there were so many color ways released that the shoe ended up on sales racks everywhere. Nobody was dropping 65 for a skate shoe back in 1985, people were buying them because they were 20 bucks.

look fine to me...its not that big of a deal honestly. Its a shoe, it won't last forever anyway, wear it and be happy, if unhappy don't wear it or move on from it...now lets get this thread back on topic...please more shots of the shoe on foot, this winter weather in april has me itching to finally wear my pair.
Yeah it doesn't bother me, but maybe because I payed retail. I can see how it can deter some people from paying resale. But like I said, they're shoes and they do their job. I'll take a weak on foot in a bit.

so nike's gotta discover a new element and incorporate it into the shoe to be futuristic? im done here, lunch is overr 

so nike's gotta discover a new element and incorporate it into the shoe to be futuristic? im done here, lunch is overr 
no shots here but isn't that kind of the idea of futuristic? To do something that hasn't been done before. Take the xx8 for instance..the tech behind it would be labeled futuristic but we all know the idea of the shroud definitely isn't new for nike.

They don't have to discover a new element for it to be futuristic, but using stuff that they've used in the past on a silhouette that's almost 30 years old is pretty lazy. When they do the next release everyone is going to be amazed that you can scratch off the paint to reveal Royal/Black, Red/Black, but Nike SB did this already with the Cheech and Chong highs, and the Statue of Liberty Highs.

Seriously what makes this shoe futuristic?

It's a Jordan 1 with the same reflective stuff we've seen on numerous shoes

You are talking like ET is phoning you home

They don't have to discover a new element for it to be futuristic, but using stuff that they've used in the past on a silhouette that's almost 30 years old is pretty lazy. When they do the next release everyone is going to be amazed that you can scratch off the paint to reveal Royal/Black, Red/Black, but Nike SB did this already with the Cheech and Chong highs, and the Statue of Liberty Highs.
did the liberties go from green to copper?

Even those Jordan Futures are just rehashes of old tech. When I saw the first pictures of them I thought, "oh look they made a Footscape Mid and threw a Jordan 11 outsole on it"

life is funny, saw liberties for the first time last week in the dunk thread they were green, then saw a pair on ig today that was all copper, i thought it was a pack haha
i guess nike jacked the actual statue of liberty though since it was once copper and turned green. can't be futuristic. in the architectural world they already did that. a shoe that looks futuristic doesn't have to be from the future. 

Nah, as you skate the Statue of Liberties the green rubs off to reveal a Copper to give the shoe a patina look similar to the Statue of Liberty before the big restoration in 86. Most people don't skate their dunks so they just scratch off the green if they want to reveal the copper look.

i guess nike jacked the actual statue of liberty though since it was once copper and turned green. can't be futuristic. in the architectural world they already did that. a shoe that looks futuristic doesn't have to be from the future. 

Hilarious.

Even with Y-3s I feel that while they use exotic materials, the silhouettes aren't exactly breaking new ground.

The last shoe that made me say wow, that's pretty cool was the first time I saw flyknits.

FINALLY GRAB ON MY HANDS ON THESE GRAILS.....

FANTASTIC DETAIL, NO DEFECTS AT ALL....................

wish u guys grab them asap. 
grails 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom