Jordan 1 x Nike SB QS!!!!

i think what people are saying is that there is a difference between a good leather (cuz none of these leathers are great quality) like Royals or Breds creasing and a plasticky material crease.

I may be wrong but it seems thats the discussion. 

back then, no. we had to call the employee store at like 5-6am to order shoes on launch day. I have a few friends that still work for nike and employee discounts have changed A LOT since the early 2000's.

Yeah, Footaction Star Club Members were able to reserve any shoe back in 2000 and they were delivered to your door on release day. Oh how I miss the old days. |I

Yeah, Footaction Star Club Members were able to reserve any shoe back in 2000 and they were delivered to your door on release day. Oh how I miss the old days. |I

I miss when the shoe stores were owned by different companies. In my local mall you've got 3 FTL owned stores and FNL, and an independent chain.

i think what people are saying is that there is a difference between a good leather (cuz none of these leathers are great quality) like Royals or Breds creasing and a plasticky material crease.

I may be wrong but it seems thats the discussion. 
i would say a "holographic" looking shoe is "futuristic" - this doesnt have to do with when u first started wearing your first toddler shoes. it's just how it looks. i mean how can you say a shoe that changes color in sunlight is not pretty progressive......

and the crease looks terrible. im sure there are photos, i'll post mine soon 

i would say a "holographic" looking shoe is "futuristic" - this doesnt have to do with when u first started wearing your first toddler shoes. it's just how it looks. i mean how can you say a shoe that changes color in sunlight is not pretty progressive......

yea i would like to see the creases. i see awesome pics up here but i wanna see the "after 3 wears" or "after a week of wear" pics. Cuz it does matter when you're dropping $275 + on a shoe (at least it matters to me)

You just started getting in to kicks?

This has been done for years.

at the end of the day, theyre just shoes. but i paid 240 for em. i think thats like 80 over retail or whatever-- i'm ok to acknowledge a bad look and not confuse it for character. regardless of how long they've been doing it, the holographic thing is futuristic. its not like they put nike shox springs or something old school like that on it 

nah i havent seen foams shaped like 1s. 

would u describe this shoe that changes color as retro? neutral? are we really having this conversation? it's part of their whole future collection.... 

nah i havent seen foams shaped like 1s. 

would u describe this shoe that changes color as retro? neutral? are we really having this conversation? it's part of their whole future collection.... 

You keep saying they shouldn't crease because of this futuristic look

Jordan 1's crease; all sneakers crease

yeah so do you think that adds character to the shoe? that's one wear. from ds. lol and im not saying that shoes dont crease. im just saying it looks bad. like cardboard being bent. just my observation, maybe i'm wrong. 

Last edited:
yeah so do you think that adds character to the shoe? that's one wear. from ds. lol and im not saying that shoes dont crease. im just saying it looks bad. like cardboard being bent. just my observation, maybe i'm wrong. 

Exactly my thought on pairs beeing worn and my boy's pair after one wear . Creasing does not look good on those IMO .

I'm not mad either. Tell me that looks like a great summer shoe (that's a bad picture too) and I respect your opinion and think you have bad taste, that's all. 

1. When did you wear Jordans first? 80s leather??????????????????????????

2. Have you EVER seen "Foamposite"?

3. Does that look good or are you trying to push on a lost cause? lol whenver a shoe i buy to wear looks better unworn, i'm not going to say it's awesome. 

I think it's the paint that causes the weird ceases feels like it a really thick or the panel is acrylic but either way I wore elite socks with them and there is no creasing when they are actually on my foot

Edit- the Nike double thick socks

Last edited:
Originally crafted as a high-performance basketball shoe for budding star Michael Jordan, the Air Jordan I inadvertently brought innovation to skate. Celebrating this unforeseen answer to the needs of skaters, Nike SB and Jordan Brand collaborate to release the Nike SB x Air Jordan I.

Multimedia artist Craig Stecyk brings his signature tribal visual identity to the design, taking cues from Northwest Passage, his art installation that prominently features bronze casting and spray paint. The green-and black-upper features “AJ One SB” tonally scribed in a typeface designed by Stecyk that was originally featured in a leading skateboarding magazine in 1982. The same inscription also shows up on the Nike SB x AJI insole.

why i find the need to do this...bothers me because sometimes people will just go with what they think. thats the first description i found. using that and common sense, is the shoe futuristic? at least tries to be? i just want someone to admit he/she's wrong. 

Back
Top Bottom