Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

stare.gif

I don't think that would quite solve it either. Botters can bot them and trade it for other stuff they missed

Everybody who still frequents this website daily could stop paying resale every again, and it wouldn’t matter

How is that going to stop the trust fund kids who gon buy regardless, or the people who look at resale as a “convenience tax”, or the youngins who look at having a StockX tab on their shoe as a signifier of “having it like that”

Or the casuals who come out of the woodwork for a holiday release like this because they “need a pair” for their kids Christmas

ain't you like 5'5" lol

But yeah $50 dip is actually not worth waiting for if you gotta wait 1 or more months for that little dip and to also potentially have even more fakes thrown in to the mix in a month's time. If you were waiting or expecting at least $100 dip, then I'd understand. But $50 is less than a day's work and you'll waste a month of time monitoring that minor dip. That little bit of money to get what you want now now.

5'10 papi, 6 ft with Timbs. :pimp:

Actually the easiest way to combat bots is to just make a lot more pairs and keep restocking. Nike already knows this but they choose not to do it. They already know Military Black 4s cost $400+ and they want it to stay like that.

That’s why I said even if they can somehow eliminate 100% of bots and backdooring, Nike still don’t want there to be enough for everyone. They will just scale back the supply to ensure that certain shoes stay rare enough to stay above a certain price. It’s all about exclusivity in the end
That won’t work. They made 1M pairs of Concord XIs and their still $500 in my size 12

That won’t work. They made 1M pairs of Concord XIs and their still $500 in my size 12
It did work though. Concords were basically retail for a bit over until 2020… We all know what went down then.

They didn’t see 500 until like 2021. If you didn’t jump on them while they were low in price that not a production issue.

It also works because look at pandas.

Everybody who still frequents this website daily could stop paying resale every again, and it wouldn’t matter

How is that going to stop the trust fund kids who gon buy regardless, or the people who look at resale as a “convenience tax”, or the youngins who look at having a StockX tab on their shoe as a signifier of “having it like that”

Or the casuals who come out of the woodwork for a holiday release like this because they “need a pair” for their kids Christmas
A lot of those trust fund kids are only in it because of the hype. Whole bunch of em have never even seen Michael Jordan play basketball before. They are only in it for having something exclusive. Go take a look at the Reddit sneaker forum and you’ll see their collections are nothing except hyped shoes. No GRs, no outlet finds, nothing. They’ll just move on to whatever the hell else is expensive after Jordans lose their allure.

Honestly, if you wanna see how bad reselling has gotten, go to StockX, and see how much the first pair of Lost and Founds in your size sold for. I guarantee your thumb gets tired from all the scrolling you’re going to have to do just to get to that first pair. Lol

No comparison

That's a 4 year old shoe that if you paid resell right when it dropped would've been at highest 20-30 dollars over retail.

Depending on state, and how far you had to drive it was basically retail and they restocked quite a few times after the drop.

A lot of those trust fund kids are only in it because of the hype. Whole bunch of em have never even seen Michael Jordan play basketball before. They are only in it for having something exclusive. Go take a look at the Reddit sneaker forum and you’ll see their collections are nothing except hyped shoes. No GRs, no outlet finds, nothing. They’ll just move on to whatever the hell else is expensive after Jordans lose their allure.

Honestly, if you wanna see how bad reselling has gotten, go to StockX, and see how much the first pair of Lost and Founds in your size sold for. I guarantee your thumb gets tired from all the scrolling you’re going to have to do just to get to that first pair. Lol

This x1000

I've tried to tell people a million times 95% of the kids wearing Jordan's can't tell you a thing about Jordan outside of his Jersey number and the team he played for.

MJ is not why kids are wearing his shoes.

same things go for resellers. huge portion of resellers are/were highschool/college aged kids who live in wealthy suburbs that dont even do it for the money. they do it for bragging rights amongst their other similarly positioned upper middle class resellers. theyre the same kids flipping pokemon cards, nfts, etc. If youre from NJ, you know this was Bergen County from 2010-2019

1669928821328.png

1669928623746.png

This x1000

I've tried to tell people a million times 95% of the kids wearing Jordan's can't tell you a thing about Jordan outside of his Jersey number and the team he played for.

1. Jordan once punched Steve Kerr in the face.
2. He was a very good basketball player.
3. He liked to gamble.
4. He once made a dunk from the free throw line.
5. He once found Dennis Rodman in bed with Carmen Electra.

This x1000

The gatekeeping though :lol:

Just cause you (in general) watched MJ play means you deserve the shoe more? Everyone has a right to get these shoes whether you an OG, a lame, some corny suburban kid, etc.

same things go for resellers. huge portion of resellers are/were highschool/college aged kids who live in wealthy suburbs that dont even do it for the money. they do it for bragging rights amongst their other similarly positioned upper middle class resellers. theyre the same kids flipping pokemon cards, nfts, etc. If youre from NJ, you know this was Bergen County from 2010-2019

1669928821328.png

1669928623746.png
Those pictures make me want to vomit.

The gatekeeping though :lol:

Just cause you (in general) watched MJ play means you deserve the shoe more? Everyone has a right to get these shoes whether you an OG, a lame, some corny suburban kid, etc.
I agree with both of you but those same kids got their shot at seeing who MJ was in 2020 and immediately said So this is who he was… Let’s double the prices.

Back
Top Bottom