JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

The hype started when rappers started wearing and tweeting about them because they were "limited" and exclusive, something not everyone else wears and from there it just trickles down.

Honestly 1's are comfortable, durable, look good beat up and are the best Jordan to wear with casual clothes. So once people get a pair, they fall in love with them.

Plus kids see older Jordan heads sweating them and it makes them sweat them as well.

look at all the YouTube collectors that all these kids follow, hundreds of thousands of kids... And the guys they look up too sweating Jordan 1's because their 30+

1's were limited this year because Jordan brand didn't think they were gonna sell like they have and didn't want access stock.

They've increased #'s every release since the royals and patents, hopefully the trend remains with the bred 1's.

We'll see what presale prices are like, that will give a good estimate.

Valid points. Never thought of it that way. At the end of the day I'm glad the Air Jordan I is finally getting the attention it deserves. To me it belongs as one of the top 5 greatest Jordan's of all time. I'm not going to front and act like I was an "OG head since '85." I've been collecting since 02-03 so I'm still kind of a new collector. I want people to get this shoe because they love the shoe and appreciate the rich history behind it. I do not want people who know nothing about the shoe to get it because everyone and their mother is getting it. Or because Yeezy is rocking it. Or because Soulja Boy is rocking them. So stupid.

It'll be dirty of JB to drop these limited following the Banneds. Hell the last proper release was '01 when you think about it. Straps & Phats lows don't count obviously, and the DMP was a pack.

Thompson you know that'll probably happen though. Most of the 1's this year were not extremely extremely available to the public.

I heard  something a while back that stills puzzles me.  Back around the time the Black Toes were preparing to drop, I over heard a convo between a Footlocker store manager and what appeared to be his District or Regional manager.  Anyways, the manager of the store asked why certain Footlocker/Footaction accounts got mid 1's (with the Jump man) and others got highs (with the Nike air).  The District/Reg manager then responded with "if the 1's have "Nike Air" on them, JB can only order 25-50k to distribute worldwide.  However, If the 1's have the Jumpman on the Tongue, heel, and appear as a mid, JB can/will produce as many pairs as they see fit (basically a general release). Has anyone heard anything like this? 

I heard  something a while back that stills puzzles me.  Back around the time the Black Toes were preparing to drop, I over heard a convo between a Footlocker store manager and what appeared to be his District or Regional manager.  Anyways, the manager of the store asked why certain Footlocker/Footaction accounts got mid 1's (with the Jump man) and others got highs (with the Nike air).  The District/Reg manager then responded with "if the 1's have "Nike Air" on them, JB can only order 25-50k to distribute worldwide.  However, If the 1's have the Jumpman on the Tongue, heel, and appear as a mid, JB can/will produce as many pairs as they see fit (basically a general release). Has anyone heard anything like this? 
you mean these http://www.finishline.com/store/pro...sketball-shoes/_/A-42635?productId=prod713193

always see this in 90% FS

idk if jb is stupid or stupid. why make limited pairs when they can cash in and make a more off of us than having us resort to resellers and having them make a fortune.

It'll be dirty of JB to drop these limited following the Banneds. Hell the last proper release was '01 when you think about it. Straps & Phats lows don't count obviously, and the DMP was a pack.
id be livid, plan to keep my banneds ds for a long time so Ill def need two of these..

I think these will be like double numbers than current 1s this year. these could easy cover a 2-1 sale rate if not more. If the royals werent sent all over the world they wouldnt be nearly as rare as the resell price suggests.

Preorder ftw lol. I've drastically narrowed my collection because the 1's are my favorite model. I don't mind paying a lil extra if I can make up the diff selling other kicks. I've managed to double up on black/red KO's, royals, black toes and soon shadows this way. Even got my black toes for retail. Doing a preorder for the upcoming black/reds doesn't seem like a bad idea for me. Maybe we should all compile a list of reputable preorder sites, especially since a few people have had bad experiences with shady sellers. Just a thought…

YES THIS! I've actually sold/trying to sell my XIs. As beautiful as they are, I'm so disappointed with the quality and what they have been degraded to as a Hypebeasts shoe. 1s have that classic, retro look that's timeless. And the OG quality is decent that still looks great after a lot of years unlike other shoes.

I think JB really ddint think the royals were even gonna sell that well if they would have been a GR , imo

just like the bred 4's and 11's , JB realizes the loved for the black/red j's , hopefully these are GR and everyone who wants a pair gets one ( or a couple )

I think JB really ddint think the royals were even gonna sell that well if they would have been a GR , imo

just like the bred 4's and 11's , JB realizes the loved for the black/red j's , hopefully these are GR and everyone who wants a pair gets one ( or a couple )
Blasphemy!

In the past I's never did. I'm sure we'll get I's again in 3 or 4 years. I'm just wondering if they'll do Nike Air again or the jumpman. NA might be an excuse for them to jump to $160 or $170.

In the past I's never did. I'm sure we'll get I's again in 3 or 4 years. I'm just wondering if they'll do Nike Air again or the jumpman. NA might be an excuse for them to jump to $160 or $170.

I think the NA trend will continue but it won't be with 1's. They'll most likely be stop with 1's for a while after this year and continue with IV's or VI's...imagine what they could charge then.....

i somewhat agree with this. but look at how things went with the shadow/toro 4 release. most "sheep" flocked towards the toros, and even though the shadows sold out, they can still be copped at 175-200 all day. 

One release had nothing to do with the other. the toro's didn't stop anybody that wanted 1's.

That makes sense because at the end of the day they still have Nike branding and Nike probably has some type of rights to the sales and profit.

Nike didn't just let JB rock the old branding as a favor, Nike is defiantly being compensated.

YES THIS! I've actually sold/trying to sell my XIs. As beautiful as they are, I'm so disappointed with the quality and what they have been degraded to as a Hypebeasts shoe. 1s have that classic, retro look that's timeless. And the OG quality is decent that still looks great after a lot of years unlike other shoes.

SMH

No offense, but only a hypebeast would care about what everyone else deems a shoe to be. So 11's aren't cool anymore because they were widely released? Smh. The definition of hypebeast is "only likes cool or limited shoes".

Wear what you like, who cares what anyone else thinks.

definitely going to pre order for a pair!

Be careful, pre order doesn't guarantee you a pair. A lot of people missed out on 1's with preorder. The only way I do pre order is if they are in hand. I'm gonna focus on paying for RSVP slots, honestly that's the best way.

I think the NA trend will continue but it won't be with 1's. They'll most likely be stop with 1's for a while after this year and continue with IV's or VI's...imagine what they could charge then.....
agreed 6s mights get nike air treatment next year... you know what that mean everyone gonna all of a sudden love 6s...i remember last year people was talking mad smack about 6s. just watch next year.

The only thing about the NA on jordans I hate is that the unnecessary hype that comes with it. And that branding also warrants the price increase as well. But whenever NA is placed on a shoe it will hyped and even harder to cop. And I don't want JB/Nike picking favorites on the cws they out the jordans on either

Last edited:
The only thing about the NA on jordans I hate is that the unnecessary hype that comes with it. And that branding also warrants the price increase as well. But whenever NA is placed on a shoe it will hyped and even harder to cop. And I don't want JB/Nike picking favorites on the cws they out the jordans on either

We all know we'd be unhappy if they did all the 1's like the chicago retro. So i dont mind how things have gone so far other than availability.

Back
Top Bottom