JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

You guys think $550 is a good price for DS pair of Black/Gold Patent OG's?

Brah, this is the Black/Red I's thread. I would suggest asking that in the Price Check section.

But to anser your question, yeah thats a pretty good price considering they're going for $1200+ on ebay right now.

I'd be pissed. The whole reason why I want these is because its OG branding...

I have a pair with a jumpman on the tongue. If I wanted that, I'd buy another pair of DMP's
Yeah as much as i hate to, i gotta sell off my dmp pair. If it means another og pair from this year, its a no brainer.

Only Jordan I want for the remainder of the year. Would like to trade a pair for '01s. Then all I'd need is 85 and I'll be complete.

I'd trade a brand new '13 pair for another '01 pair any day. You know what's even funnier? It's hilarious how so many people all of a sudden LOVE the Bred I's and these other OG I's. So many people just came out of the woodwork and I have no idea where it came from. Was it from Kanye? Where the crap did all this hype come from? I copped my '01's with ease. I copped the DMP I pack with ease. Where was everyone then?

all in all i'm happy that the Air Jordan I is getting greater appreciation. I just hope people are copping them because they like them and are not hopping on the bandwagon.

Only Jordan I want for the remainder of the year. Would like to trade a pair for '01s. Then all I'd need is 85 and I'll be complete.

I'd trade a brand new '13 pair for another '01 pair any day. You know what's even funnier? It's hilarious how so many people all of a sudden LOVE the Bred I's and these other OG I's. So many people just came out of the woodwork and I have no idea where it came from. Was it from Kanye? Where the crap did all this hype come from? I copped my '01's with ease. I copped the DMP I pack with ease. Where was everyone then?

all in all i'm happy that the Air Jordan I is getting greater appreciation. I just hope people are copping them because they like them and are not hopping on the bandwagon.

People love ANYTHING thats releasing nowadays.

People love ANYTHING thats releasing nowadays.
Yep. Ad to this that most all the retros being put out are extremely accurate to the originals and u would have to be in denial if u didnt jump all over em. I love 1s and in my head its what i picture when someone mentions Jordans. Thats what i grew up with and this run of og 1s is a dream come true for me. I think its starting a pre mid-life crisis personaly.

Yep. Ad to this that most all the retros being put out are extremely accurate to the originals and u would have to be in denial if u didnt jump all over em. I love 1s and in my head its what i picture when someone mentions Jordans. Thats what i grew up with and this run of og 1s is a dream come true for me. I think its starting a pre mid-life crisis personaly.

I agree and disagree. There weren't as many people on the hunt for the '01 bred and royal air jordan 1's like there are now. Those were pretty close to the original. I think what you said is true for some people but is often used as a front.

You guys think $550 is a good price for DS pair of Black/Gold Patent OG's?
Brah, this is the Black/Red I's thread. I would suggest asking that in the Price Check section.
But to anser your question, yeah thats a pretty good price considering they're going for $1200+ on ebay right now.
BLK X GOLDS GO FOR 1200????? GOOD GRIEF 
sick.gif

The hype started when rappers started wearing and tweeting about them because they were "limited" and exclusive, something not everyone else wears and from there it just trickles down.

Honestly 1's are comfortable, durable, look good beat up and are the best Jordan to wear with casual clothes. So once people get a pair, they fall in love with them.

Plus kids see older Jordan heads sweating them and it makes them sweat them as well.

look at all the YouTube collectors that all these kids follow, hundreds of thousands of kids... And the guys they look up too sweating Jordan 1's because their 30+

1's were limited this year because Jordan brand didn't think they were gonna sell like they have and didn't want access stock.

They've increased #'s every release since the royals and patents, hopefully the trend remains with the bred 1's.

We'll see what presale prices are like, that will give a good estimate.

Last edited:
Uh-oh. Spotted Kanye wearing these. Insanity on release day and the days after guaranteed.
Kanye has been rocking 1s for the longest, as has frank ocean ( well royals mostly).

hype for 1s has blown up with jb releasing og colorways and branding them with na. 

with the prices  01 royals, breds and even banneds...you knew hype would be at level 5 with the possibility of copping sought after colorways at retail.

The hype with 1s started this year with the Royals IMO. Most just do it because its "in".
i somewhat agree with this. but look at how things went with the shadow/toro 4 release. most "sheep" flocked towards the toros, and even though the shadows sold out, they can still be copped at 175-200 all day. 

glad to see the prices going down for the ones (minus royals and black/gold) i cant wait to get the black/reds this year and maybe go back and cop black toes and shadows later, after i sell the rest of my collection pretty much. getting older my shoe tastes have changed drastically but i will def keep my nostalgic shoes (shaqnosis, penny 1s, griffey 1s, olympic more uptempos) but my J's will be 1s and 11s pretty much.

I wish the hype on 1s was nonexistent. I remember when I copped the CDP pack that came with the 1s and 22s a few years back everyone was like "wtf those aren't even Jordan's" or "are those dunks" "nice SBs". Still wore em though. If I pulled those out now...

Too bad the sole is super yellow on em

i regret passing out those.

& the tongue is yellowed to hell :smh:

i expect this shoe to be very limited. but i hope they make a ton. a TON. 

this is the only shoe besides laney 5s (if they release this year) that i'm worried about, 

Last edited:
I expect the shoe to be as limited or more limited then the royals. They're the more popular counterpart and its sounding like these will be releasing around Black Friday smh

^what?! im not thinking so, if there was a "most popular" colorway of the 1 it is the black red and JB knows this and these should be a GR but everything is speculation until some solid info, but these will sell out regardless or numbers. but hopefully they release some other shoes the same day to take a little attention away from them, we can only hope

It'll be dirty of JB to drop these limited following the Banneds. Hell the last proper release was '01 when you think about it. Straps & Phats lows don't count obviously, and the DMP was a pack.

^^ that is true and I feel like they'll be limited but enough on the market to not be impossible to get but the fact that now banned's are so sought after that these will be a lot of people's substitute combined with it being a black/red colorway releasing in the holidays.... I just can't help to be cautious about this release. I might even go the preorder route

^^ that is true and I feel like they'll be limited but enough on the market to not be impossible to get but the fact that now banned's are so sought after that these will be a lot of people's substitute combined with it being a black/red colorway releasing in the holidays.... I just can't help to be cautious about this release. I might even go the preorder route

Preorder ftw lol. I've drastically narrowed my collection because the 1's are my favorite model. I don't mind paying a lil extra if I can make up the diff selling other kicks. I've managed to double up on black/red KO's, royals, black toes and soon shadows this way. Even got my black toes for retail. Doing a preorder for the upcoming black/reds doesn't seem like a bad idea for me. Maybe we should all compile a list of reputable preorder sites, especially since a few people have had bad experiences with shady sellers. Just a thought…

Last edited:
i remember when black toes pre order were goin for 180 then it all of a sudden went up to 280 before it dropped,

Back
Top Bottom