JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

quality wise which is better 2001 black/red or banned 1's ?

banneds all day.

i own both, and i even own 85 black toes, and the banned quality is on another level.

it's the main reason this retro later this year won't hurt the value of banneds too much. hardcore jordan connoisseurs will still seek them and pay a premium price for premium materials (not to mention the story and theme of them, the weird release only in outlets, the first time putting nike air on a jordan shoe in over 10 years, their first real acknowledgement of how this shoe changed the game, both the shoe game, and the money game, making the NBA change their rules, leading to huge money endorsement deals for players, etc.)...

Last edited:
banneds all day.

i own both, and i even own 85 black toes, and the banned quality is on another level.

it's the main reason this retro later this year won't hurt the value of banneds too much. hardcore jordan connoisseurs will still seek them and pay a premium price for premium materials (not to mention the story and theme of them, the weird release only in outlets, the first time putting nike air on a jordan shoe in over 10 years, their first real acknowledgement of how this shoe changed the game, both the shoe game, and the money game, making the NBA change their rules, leading to huge money endorsement deals for players, etc.)...
good to know ,thnx for your time

I wish the hype on 1s was nonexistent. I remember when I copped the CDP pack that came with the 1s and 22s a few years back everyone was like "wtf those aren't even Jordan's" or "are those dunks" "nice SBs". Still wore em though. If I pulled those out now...

Too bad the sole is super yellow on em

Then are you trying to grab my pair for me?
laugh.gif
lol see I would but

quality wise which is better 2001 black/red or banned 1's ?

banneds all day.

Hardcore Jordan heads aren't the majority buying sneakers anymore. It isn't about quality as much as its about the color way nowadays. Yeah for hardcore collectors like you and I, and a lot of guys on here, we want premium quality to last us years. But this is the hype beast era man. Once those blk/reds drop the price of the banneds will probably get hit harder than a lot of people think. Imagine if the yeezys retro'd and were a GR. cats holding onto them to sell later would have to take bigger price cuts. The banneds won't be as sought after anymore after this release unless you are a true fan of that specific pair and not just the color way.

For a lot of heads who just want the color way with Nike Air true to the OG (like myself)

banneds all day.

The quality has little to do with the price, it's because they were limited. And most people place them on a pedestal because they're limited. Just like they do the dorenbechers or bin. It doesn't even matter how a limited Jordan looks, or what sort of materials they're made out of.

And the acknowledgement was more of a gimmick. If they were a GR they would be dissed for the X, insole and lining, because they weren't true despite having Nike Air.

hardcore jordan connoisseurs is an oxymoron, because the majority are hypebeast and only want limited kicks.

Wish there were a better time frame than just the fall for these. Gonna set aside the bread for my two soon regardless.

By time frame, do you mean you wish it were more specific like an exact date? Or more like you wish theyd drop in another season altogether?

Sounds like he wants a release date so that he knows what he should have the money ready by. Trying to keep money for two pairs set aside only going on the knowledge that they're almost confirmed to drop between October and early December is a bit difficult.
Precisely. Gonna set the bread aside soon regardless, but I stay on eBay in between all the new releases that I target nowadays. Luckily these are one of my few JB must haves left.

My KOs are in the rotation heavy, but they're no substitute for these.

The quality has little to do with the price, it's because they were limited. And most people place them on a pedestal because they're limited. Just like they do the dorenbechers or bin. It doesn't even matter how a limited Jordan looks, or what sort of materials they're made out of.

And the acknowledgement was more of a gimmick. If they were a GR they would be dissed for the X, insole and lining, because they weren't true despite having Nike Air.

hardcore jordan connoisseurs is an oxymoron, because the majority are hypebeast and only want limited kicks.
yeah the x would be dissed, we here be like these were never banned since MJ did not actually wore them in an NBA game.

then we ask nike for the banned airship to retro....

Last edited:
well yeah, of course, being limited has a lot to do with it for some people, but not all of us...

well yeah, of course, being limited has a lot to do with it for some people, but not all of us...

this isn't directed at you, but not everyone that says "I don't care about exclusivity" are telling the truth.

It's nice to have some things that not everyone has, banned 1's are just that. they're still not worth the resale value :lol:

yeah the x would be dissed, we here be like these were never banned since MJ did not actually wore them in an NBA game.

then we ask nike for the banned airship to retro....

Lol I wouldn't mind an Air Ship retro. Too bad it'll never happen…

Back
Top Bottom