Jets fan hauled out of Chargers game...

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Why was the dude resisting?

He could've just gone up to the concourse with the officers,sorted !%++ out, and went back to his seat.

There are four cops around you, they say let's go, you go. Dude went limp, made the situation a lot worse.

I don't buy the Yankee Stadium Bleacher report, fights happen, they may not happen in the 5-15 games an average fan attends, but there are 81 games.

Frankly, the dude was obnoxious, and sure some fans don't mind that behavior. However, there are always one or two knuckleheads that will take exception to it, next thing you know there is a fight, and next thing you know it's up on Youtube.
So cops can just walk up to anyone and arrest them for no go reason??? Last I checked, in the united states we are innocent until provenguilty.....So what can the cops do to give that wrongly arrested man back his forever lost memories of his home team upsetting a team in the playoffs on theroad....you cant put a price on memories, but I am sure someone will try real soon with this case....

well, the guy is pretty obnoxious.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DublBagn

He could've just gone up to the concourse with the officers,sorted !%++ out, and went back to his seat.

There are four cops around you, they say let's go, you go. Dude went limp, made the situation a lot worse.

I don't buy the Yankee Stadium Bleacher report, fights happen, they may not happen in the 5-15 games an average fan attends, but there are 81 games.

Frankly, the dude was obnoxious, and sure some fans don't mind that behavior. However, there are always one or two knuckleheads that will take exception to it, next thing you know there is a fight, and next thing you know it's up on Youtube.
So cops can just walk up to anyone and arrest them for no go reason??? Last I checked, in the united states we are innocent until proven guilty.....So what can the cops do to give that wrongly arrested man back his forever lost memories of his home team upsetting a team in the playoffs on the road....you cant put a price on memories, but I am sure someone will try real soon with this case....

Do you really think the Cops just walked over there because they saw a Jets fan cheering? I watched the game and there were plenty of other Jets fan whodidn't get arrested. They obviously had reason whether they really thought he was intoxicated or there was a complaint. It's that simple. Like manyhave stated before he should have just gone with them. I've been to many ball games and I've seen many people taken by the cops because they were beingobnoxious and obviously drunk. I've seen a chick get taken back because she was cursing perfusely and later returned to her seat. She did not resist.Although, everyone cheered when she was taken away.

Originally Posted by danielskshin

So cops can just walk up to anyone and arrest them for no go reason??? Last I checked, in the united states we are innocent until proven guilty.....So what can the cops do to give that wrongly arrested man back his forever lost memories of his home team upsetting a team in the playoffs on the road....you cant put a price on memories, but I am sure someone will try real soon with this case....

Do you really think the Cops just walked over there because they saw a Jets fan cheering? I watched the game and there were plenty of other Jets fan who didn't get arrested. They obviously had reason whether they really thought he was intoxicated or there was a complaint. It's that simple. Like many have stated before he should have just gone with them. I've been to many ball games and I've seen many people taken by the cops because they were being obnoxious and obviously drunk. I've seen a chick get taken back because she was cursing perfusely and later returned to her seat. She did not resist. Although, everyone cheered when she was taken away.
51857_Jets_Fireman_Ed_Football.jpg

I bet he wouldn't try and pull that in Philly
laugh.gif

smh.gif
at those Pigs though talking bout you can't talk to me like that
indifferent.gif

$+@* the jets though...

The problem with this situation is that you guys do not understand the circumstance. Luckily I do this for a living, so I will try to drop some knowledgeon this matter and answer any questions. This post may get long as well.

First of all, I doubt the fan got arrested, looks more like a stadium removal. He resisted from there, and he was taken out in handcuffs, handcuffs =/=arrest.

He was probably taken to a holding area in Qualcomm Stadium and then released at the conclusion of the game.

Cops cannot just go up to you and arrest you anywhere, it is against the law.

What people do not understand is that when you step into any stadium in America, you are on PRIVATE PROPERTY. I love this one, because we get this one atDodger Stadium all the time. The price you pay to get into a game does exactly that, gets you into the game. You can root for the team, you can root for theopposite team. However, if 1, just 1 fan complains about your behavior, you are subject to removal. Some patrons that get removed, that is the first thingthat pops out their mouth: "I paid $X amount to be here, I can do what I want!" NEGATIVE. It is private property, and most stadiums have fanguidelines, if you break the rules for whatever reason, you can be subject to removal.

We ave Stadium Security with LAPD presence, and LAPD only steps in when necessary. It looks like Qualcomm is more like the Coliseum during Trojan games,where LAPD serves as stadium security.

Yes, Stadium Security or whoever is getting paid to be stadium security can go up to you for any reason and ask you to tone it down. Apparently some onemade a complaint, yes it was on off duty cop, but he was still a patron as well. From what I have read (Trust, this is making the circles around stadiumstoo), stadium security (Cops) tried to resolve the situation by having the Jets fan come up to the concourse and sort +#** out. He refused, making thesituation worse because he didn't want to miss the game.
laugh.gif
, badmove, it's not a choice. Stadium Security (Cops) didn't really have grounds for removal, however once he refused...."Time to go buddy".

Cliff Notes:
  • The Jets fan got removed from the game, not arrested.
  • When you attend a game or any event you are on Private Property.
  • Cops/Stadium Security can't just arrest anyone they please, but they can kick you out of a ballgame if you don't cooperate
  • Jets fan lost any chance of compensation by refusing to leave his seat and resisting.
  • Yes, stadium security can ask you to leave if they feel you are being belligerent or if another fan complains against you (Happens more often than you think, most teams have a text system where you can text about rowdy fans, and they give seat locations to where the fan is
    laugh.gif
    )
  • If you guys have any other questions, post them, I will answer
    glasses.gif
Anyone making excuses for the arrest needs to stick their heads out of their @*%
It's not an arrest. In order to arrest you, they have to read you your Miranda Rights. In order to kick you out of a game, they don'thave to.
wink.gif

Edit-

You guys are taking the "You want to go outside" comment out of context. That dude was clearly mouthing off, shouting expletives, I'm surprisedhe didn't get kicked out as well. You don't talk to anyone like that, not cops, not normal people. I think the Cop handled it well, dude got reallyquiet when he said "You want to take this outside". I don't think he was going to clock him either, just telling him if he wants to be removedas well. The fan needs to thank his lucky stars that the cop wasn't a *+%# or his !$$ would've been going home early too.

at those Pigs though talking bout you can't talk to me like that
indifferent.gif

You can't. You will stand there and let someone talk %%@@ to your face.
laugh.gif
, please stop.

The hate for cops makes a lot of dudes ignorant as hell.

Back
Top Bottom