JAY-Z THE MOST OVERRATED RAPPER EVER

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Originally Posted by mossman75

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

then your ear for music is flawed ...
There isn't a Scarface album thats better than Reasonable Doubt.
The Dairy>>>RD
Dudes just love arguing for the hell of it
laugh.gif

Have you heard The Diary? I would say The Diary >> RD also. They are both classics, no doubt, but I think The Diary is one of the most under-appreciatedalbums ever. If your a bigger Jay fan, then fine, you'll probably say RD >> The Diary....but don't say "Dudes just love arguing for the hellof it." Y'all acting like these albums can't be compared
laugh.gif
. If you honestly don't think The Diary is on the same level as RD, your trippin.And The Blueprint is definitely one of the most overrated albums ever. A classic? Hell naw...get that +$*# outta here....The Fix >> Blueprint....yeah Isaid it....

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Originally Posted by yungmatt

purplehazze96 wrote:

^please elaborate, people talk about BIG way more than they do Pac, hell even L gets slurped more than Pac, in fact, most times i see
Pac's name mentioned it's someone speaking ill of him.

NO Sir, thats definitely false...

you really think so? I visit numerous music forums and there are always a lot more BIG post than Pac post, like i said, when Pac gets mentioned it's usually somebody saying "Am i the only one who doesn't #%$@ with dude" resulting in a six page thread, or "Im sorry but Pac is wack"

QFT. It's the "cool" thing to hate on Pac nowadays.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
I don't care where he stands in your personal favorites...but when talking aboutGOATs....he is up there....no questions asked. Have people heard Me Against The World? 7 Day Theory? All Eyez On Me? Strictly 4 My !#!!!*? 2pacalypse Now?Still I Rise? Hell, even Better Dayz was an above average album. Not many rappers can compare with a catalogue like that....

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

purplehazze96 wrote:

yungmatt wrote:

purplehazze96 wrote:

^please elaborate, people talk about BIG way more than they do Pac, hell even L gets slurped more than Pac, in fact, most times i see

you really think so? I visit numerous music forums and there are always a lot more BIG post than Pac post, like i said, when Pac gets mentioned it's
usually somebody saying "Am i the only one who doesn't #%$@ with dude" resulting in a six page thread, or "Im sorry but Pac is wack"

laugh.gif
smh.gif
I don't care where he stands in your personal favorites...but when talking about
GOATs....he is up there....no questions asked. Have people heard Me Against The World? 7 Day Theory? All Eyez On Me? Strictly 4 My !#!!!*? 2pacalypse Now?
Still I Rise? Hell, even Better Dayz was an above average album. Not many rappers can compare with a catalogue like that....

and them n's are still alive
smh.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
dudes making wack lists, making ________ > Jay quotes...
##%@ dont even matter, Jay > your favorite rappers favorite rapper.

so you need mixtape meterial? unreleased ##%@ to be hot now? if dudes was hot, they wouldnt need mixtapes to make a buzz. dudes make tapes to get their nameout there, to help promote upcoming albums, or to just give their fans some good music to hold them over until the album. but why does jay need to do that whenhis fans buy all his albums, cop all his unreleased stuff, blast him in the whip, etc?

not to sound like a rider but...

men lie

women lie

numbers dont lie...

*plays "some people hate"*

<>

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

To the homie askin' for Jay's mixtapes, you gotta understand that when he was comin' out artists didn't use mixtapes as a forum for street albums like they do now. Back then they mighta laced a DJ with a freestyle/B-side/unreleased song, but none of this "Drought 3" stuff you're looking for. And if you really wanna get the best of his other @@#$ and you can't get your hands on older mixtapes from the 90s, go download the 10 CD deep "Library of A Legend." They're missing some songs, but that should keep you busy for a whle....
word, thats why clues back in the day were SO POWERFUL...cuz back then all you would get from nas or jay-z was a album, a couple of videos andthen they would go away for 2 years.

part of why a lot of people think Jay is overrated is because Jay stans are BY FAR the worst stans, of all stans.
laugh.gif
The false sense of superiority andentitlement they portray is disgusting

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Originally Posted by yungmatt

purplehazze96 wrote:

you really think so? I visit numerous music forums and there are always a lot more BIG post than Pac post, like i said, when Pac gets mentioned it's usually somebody saying "Am i the only one who doesn't #%$@ with dude" resulting in a six page thread, or "Im sorry but Pac is wack"

laugh.gif
smh.gif
I don't care where he stands in your personal favorites...but when talking about GOATs....he is up there....no questions asked. Have people heard Me Against The World? 7 Day Theory? All Eyez On Me? Strictly 4 My !#!!!*? 2pacalypse Now? Still I Rise? Hell, even Better Dayz was an above average album. Not many rappers can compare with a catalogue like that....

the thing with pac is, growin up i always heard pac and big were the king kong and godzilla of rap, but if you go back and listen to pac, his flow was reallystraightforward, like linear and hard edged, and i feel like it hasn't stood up well to the test of time. like you can't point to a track where pacjust murders a verse. flow-wise, he has nothing on big. image, charisma, presence, "swag" or whatever you wanna call, yeah pac embodied it, butlyrically...

pac is still a top ten dude, he just doesn't belong on the rushmore with big, nas, hov (or whoever you consider the goats)

oh and i enjoy seeing these discussions occasionally, readin other ppl's judgments on music can be interesting, especially if they're insightful ormake me rethink my previous stance on something. chuck klosterman said it's more fun to argue about sports than music, but sometimes music is more fun toargue about because you can never be proved wrong (for example, i thought lsu was going to beat alabama a few weeks ago). it's a purely subjective topic

Blueprint overrated? Some people just like to disagree....

This generation is flawed. At least the technology isn't.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

No, people just have different opinions son. The first half of BP is almost unlistenable for me. Aside from Takeover and The Rulers Back, you can have thatwatered down mainstream garbage. I'll go ahead and skip to Heart of the City.

The Black Album %+@$% all over BP

The Blueprint IS overrated. The Takeover was hot back when I was younger, but now being a fan of both Nas and Jay, I barely ever listen to this or Ether. TheRulers Back is bitten from Slick Rick so that gets skipped every time. I can't stand the fact how he bites Nas on Never Change with that womb to the tombline either, especially cause he dissin dude 7 tracks earlier. Don't even get me started on Girls, Girls, Girls.....

basically, i dunno how can a 5 mic album can be considered overated....(this ain't the lil kim album)

^
roll.gif
as if The Source is supposed to be the end all and be all of hip hop opinions
roll.gif
, i can't believe you just said that

roll.gif
at The Source after the turn of the century

^
roll.gif
as if The Source is supposed to be the end all and be all of hip hop opinions
roll.gif
, i can't believe you just said that

roll.gif
at The Source after the turn of the century

Word
laugh.gif

LOL ... people actin like i cant click a link and download a song or compare those songs to what i have on my hard drive ... so what you posted a few songsthat were unreleased ... .... ........... and .... ... ............... i wanted to see the list of mixtapes jay put out a) because i have songs that dont havea home on my ipod b) i would really sincerely like to know c) you cant look in your own collection and name me one jay z mixtape that you bump hard right now... ... ... ... until you search google after you see this comment ... ... ... LOL

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

you cant look in your own collection and name me one jay z mixtape that you bump hard right now ... ... ... ... until you search google after you see this comment ... ... ... LOL

29xdbgy.jpg

You can stop posting in this thread now ... ... ... ... LOL

part of why a lot of people think Jay is overrated is because Jay stans are BY FAR the worst stans, of all stans.
laugh.gif
The false sense of superiority and entitlement they portray is disgusting

TRUTH

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

the thing with pac is, growin up i always heard pac and big were the king kong and godzilla of rap, but if you go back and listen to pac, his flow was really straightforward, like linear and hard edged, and i feel like it hasn't stood up well to the test of time. like you can't point to a track where pac just murders a verse. flow-wise, he has nothing on big. image, charisma, presence, "swag" or whatever you wanna call, yeah pac embodied it, but lyrically...

pac is still a top ten dude, he just doesn't belong on the rushmore with big, nas, hov (or whoever you consider the goats)

oh and i enjoy seeing these discussions occasionally, readin other ppl's judgments on music can be interesting, especially if they're insightful or make me rethink my previous stance on something. chuck klosterman said it's more fun to argue about sports than music, but sometimes music is more fun to argue about because you can never be proved wrong (for example, i thought lsu was going to beat alabama a few weeks ago). it's a purely subjective topic
Exactly the point I was trying to make. Pac has hits but his skills don't stand the test of time like Big's and Jay-Z has. Pac had themost charisma out of any rapper I have ever seen. It was hard not to like him even though he would talk sh^t about your favorite rapper. He gets my props forhis work but it seems to me his skills are what's most overrated. I can name 5 rappers who spit way better than him. In no particular order Big, Nas, Lupe,Jay and Andre 3000.

And why is it so hard for any of you to give Jay-Z his props. I can understand he's not your preference but to say Scarface's discography is betterthan all of Jay's is just
laugh.gif
. Scarface is nice but I don't everhear no one talk about bumping a hot Scarface cd nowadays. I thought he was finished after that wack song with Trey Songz. His best days (The Diary and Last Of A Dying Breed) are way behind him. I would just like to ask who do yall think Jay-Z IS better than since you think everyone else isWAY better than him? Yes he has missed a few times (Kingdom Come which lyrically wasn't bad at all), but some of his worst work is waybetter than your favorite rappers best work. Since Scarface is so great you must think he's better than BIG too then right? Big would rap circles aroundevery rapper right now.

smh.gif
at yall saying Blueprint and the Black Albumaren't classics.

(And just for kicks Jay-Z and Beanie murdered Scarface on Guess Who's Back!)

im done, you can't win with Jay stans. I've yet to see anybody in here talk *@%* about Jay, a few people have said Scarface>Jay (which i absolutelyagree with), i said BP isn't a classic (no one, stan or other wise has responded to my reasons why), NOBODY has said Black Album isn't a classic, andyet you n's continue to cry and **@+$ about people not giving Jay his props. A lot of people think your favorite artist is overrated, live with it. Whenyou're one of the greatest of all time no matter what it is, you're ALWAYS going to be overrated in certain circles.

This thread is basically Jay stans vs Jay fans, a damn shame because at the end of the day were on the same team.

Back
Top Bottom