JAY-Z THE MOST OVERRATED RAPPER EVER

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

im done, you can't win with Jay stans. I've yet to see anybody in here talk *@%* about Jay, a few people have said Scarface>Jay (which i absolutely agree with), i said BP isn't a classic (no one, stan or other wise has responded to my reasons why), NOBODY has said Black Album isn't a classic, and yet you n's continue to cry and **@+$ about people not giving Jay his props. A lot of people think your favorite artist is overrated, live with it. When you're one of the greatest of all time no matter what it is, you're ALWAYS going to be overrated in certain circles.

This thread is basically Jay stans vs Jay fans, a damn shame because at the end of the day were on the same team.
Jay Z is the GOAT..... And I dont even listen to Jay like that anymore.... I cant really get into his music like that anymore so trust me im not a"stan".

However, his catalog speaks for itself.... Put him album for album with any rapper and IMO he is the best that did it.

You said BP ISNT a classic but you think TBA is so you get a
indifferent.gif
forthat from me....I dont understand that right there at all.

The argument about Scarface is
indifferent.gif
for me.... I swear I have neverheard anyone even bring up Face in the same breath as Jay until the NT music Forum
laugh.gif

Scarface is known as the King of the South, but better than Jay.. Nahhhh

A lot cats in here ain't really up on the old stuff from the late 80s/early 90s. I ain't seen no Jay fan come with a credible argument to counter whyFace aint better than Jigga. Not that I agree, but it shows you the mentality of a lot of some of you rap fans.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

purplehazze96 wrote:

im done, you can't win with Jay stans. I've yet to see anybody in here talk *@%* about Jay, a few people have said Scarface>Jay (which i
absolutely agree with), i said BP isn't a classic (no one, stan or other wise has responded to my reasons why), NOBODY has said Black Album isn't a
classic, and yet you n's continue to cry and **@+$ about people not giving Jay his props. A lot of people think your favorite artist is overrated, live
with it. When you're one of the greatest of all time no matter what it is, you're ALWAYS going to be overrated in certain circles.

This thread is basically Jay stans vs Jay fans, a damn shame because at the end of the day were on the same team.
Jay Z is the GOAT..... And I dont even listen to Jay like that anymore.... I cant really get into his music like that anymore so trust me im not a
"stan".

However, his catalog speaks for itself.... Put him album for album with any rapper and IMO he is the best that did it.

You said BP ISNT a classic but you think TBA is so you get a
indifferent.gif
for
that from me....I dont understand that right there at all.

The argument about Scarface is
indifferent.gif
for me.... I swear I have never
heard anyone even bring up Face in the same breath as Jay until the NT music Forum
laugh.gif

Scarface is known as the King of the South, but better than Jay.. Nahhhh

indifferent.gif
who the #@$+ are you doggy? If you want to address a point that i made with a counter argument then feel free, I don't care if Jay aint in your earsright now until you take his #+@+ out your throat and make a ##%%@@* argument you based on your opinions you can get TFOH

if this n' replies with a worthy response somebody let me know...until then its:

10s7j3m.png

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

indifferent.gif
who the #@$+ are you doggy? If you want to address a point that i made with a counter argument then feel free, I don't care if Jay aint in your ears right now until you take his #+@+ out your throat and make a ##%%@@* argument you based on your opinions you can get TFOH

if this n' replies with a worthy response somebody let me know...until then its:

10s7j3m.png

laugh.gif
Calm down with all the %@*# talk... Another mans %%$@ will never beanywhere near me.

I couldnt care less about arguing about this because at the end of the day its ONLY music and everyone is gonna have their opinions about it.

Theres too much money out here to be made for me to sit home on my PC all day debating about if a mega millionare rapper like Jay is the best
ever
laugh.gif
. Rap music discussions arent on my daily list of things to do for the day

Feel free to ignore me tough guy...

Don't get it twisted I aint no Jay stan but some of yall are just Jay haters. The Blueprint is a classic IMO because he had a hot single (Izzo), cleverwordplay, introspective songs like Song Cry, Heart Of The City, a hot diss song (Takeover), punchlines for days (U Don't Know), trendsetting production(Izzo, U Don't Know), sick bonus tracks (Lyrical Exercise anybody?) and only one real guest spot (Eminem). How is that not a classic album?

Now also tell me how The Diary > Reasonable Doubt. Name the best song on that cd and tell me how it's better than Dead Presidents, Can I Live,Brooklyn's Finest, Bring It On? Come on man
laugh.gif
, Scarface is sick butyall giving dude the crown just because he was out first. Scarface is considered a legend in the South but do you really think he's that much better thanOutkast or Bun B. Compare the lyrics and not the longevity

I'm not sure how or why folks aint liking Blueprint. It's the most complete hip hop album of all-time.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I'm not sure how or why folks aint liking Blueprint. It's one of the most complete hip hop albums of all-time.
Edited that for you. Because The Cool, Life After Death, and All Eyez On Me are too. But it's
laugh.gif
cuz these dudes can't argue how the Blueprint isn't.

The Blueprint has tracks that are unlistenable. Jigga that N, Hola Hovito, and Song Cry (I know that I will get argument about Song Cry, but it is one of themost immature, shallow, and idiotic "love songs I've ever heard", but because the lot of you ARE indeed immature and shallow, you will relate toit and think that it's a good story). In my book skipped tracks automatically disqualify that album from being a classic. So you have three skipped tracks,two tracks that are average, but the rest is great. Excellent album. Nothing more.

For me, it's not even about content, for the most part, because to be honest, what I find to be Jay's most "commercial" album, Vol. 2, Ienjoy even more than The Blueprint.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I'm not sure how or why folks aint liking Blueprint. It's one of the most complete hip hop albums of all-time.
Edited that for you. Because The Cool, Life After Death, and All Eyez On Me are too. But it's
laugh.gif
cuz these dudes can't argue how the Blueprint isn't.

Eh, I wouldn't say The Cool, Life After Death or even All Eyes on Me is more complete than Blueprint but everyone is entitled to there opinion. When I saymost complete, I talking about every element of hip hop music in general. Battle track, sick collabo, remix, ill intro.....everything. With that being said,I still have Blueprint as the most complete hip hop album for now.

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

RD ... BA ... AG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> blueprint

If that is in response to my comment about Blueprint, I wasn't saying that Blueprint is better than RD, BA or any other said album. I'm just sayingfrom an overall perspective musically speaking that Blueprint is the most complete.

Originally Posted by hugebird

The Blueprint has tracks that are unlistenable. Jigga that N, Hola Hovito, and Song Cry (I know that I will get argument about Song Cry, but it is one of the most immature, shallow, and idiotic "love songs I've ever heard", but because the lot of you ARE indeed immature and shallow, you will relate to it and think that it's a good story). In my book skipped tracks automatically disqualify that album from being a classic. So you have three skipped tracks, two tracks that are average, but the rest is great. Excellent album. Nothing more.

For me, it's not even about content, for the most part, because to be honest, what I find to be Jay's most "commercial" album, Vol. 2, I enjoy even more than The Blueprint.
I see what you mean about Jigga That N..., but I think Lyrical Exercise erases that one complete brick from your memory. Everyone has their ownopinion on what is a classic, mine is it just has to be an all around (ie. beats, lyrics, content, guest spots if any) album that I can listen to years later.Jay-Z has several IMO but to each his own. And I like Vol. 2 as well I didn't see it as too commercial except for Can I Get A and Money Aint A Thang. Otherthan those two songs everything else went hard.

The Blueprint has tracks that are unlistenable. Jigga that N, Hola Hovito, and Song Cry (I know that I will get argument about Song Cry, but it is one of the most immature, shallow, and idiotic "love songs I've ever heard", but because the lot of you ARE indeed immature and shallow, you will relate to it and think that it's a good story). In my book skipped tracks automatically disqualify that album from being a classic. So you have three skipped tracks, two tracks that are average, but the rest is great. Excellent album. Nothing more.

For me, it's not even about content, for the most part, because to be honest, what I find to be Jay's most "commercial" album, Vol. 2, I enjoy even more than The Blueprint.
i second that statement

How was Vol.2 commercial??? There were like 2 "commercial" tracks on there...3 at the most

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by hella handsome

##%@ dont even matter, Jay > your favorite rappers favorite rapper.

Nas > Jay

men lie
women lie
numbers dont lie...

Ehh, Nastradamus sold more records than Illmatic.

ohwell.gif

eh, i dont really agree with the nas > jay thing, but im down with nasty nas no doubt.

people who actually listen to music check for face ... not the ones who just get on the lay-z pogo stick and hop hop hop hop hop

Originally Posted by Untitled

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Nobody is checkin for Face
laugh.gif
ON THE EAST COAST
fixed.

Basically. I'm convinced some of you would say Fabolous>Scarface the way you talk about him. Dudes saying he hasn't made anything relevant since TheDiary..do you remember The Fix? I'm not going to debate against those who say Jay>Face because I understand why you guys think that, but give the manthe props he deserves at least. He's made how many albums? Name ONE that sucked. I think he's the most consistent in the game, and if behind anyoneGhostface.

Back
Top Bottom