JAY-Z THE MOST OVERRATED RAPPER EVER

The thing is do you go with the pioneers of hip-hop, or do you with the new hip-hop that's coming out? Who would you defend? It's a tough decision.

Lets end the whole discussion right here...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
<---biting

Originally Posted by XxHonchoxX

The thing is do you go with the pioneers of hip-hop, or do you with the new hip-hop that's coming out? Who would you defend? It's a tough decision.

The pioneers. Not just out of respect but because their work is literally far better than pretty much everything after. Example: Big L > Jay-Z If you everpeeped the legendary 7 minute freestyle the difference in skill is astounding. You got one guy spitting pure fire and the other making random noises in adesperate attempt to fit his time slot. Pathetic.

^If you ask any Jay-Z fan, stan, occasional listener, whatever, what their top 5,10,15 favorite Jay lines are, NONE of those will ever appear so, Inever understood how that would discredit someone... ESPECIALLY in Hip-Hop

Sorda off topic but I spotted a def inconsistency. BIGGIE ONLY FLIRTED W/ THE IDEA OF DEATH AFTER
PAC RAPPED ABOUT IT, IDIOTS! ... FTR PAC talked about death back on 2Pacalypse.

Not even going into the impact Pacs lyrics had on the 90's but it his WORDS reached the hearts of many black males in that everyday struggle homie. SO ifyou aint never felt pain like that, naw, you wont even hear what Pac is tryin to say. Not even worth explaining ...
tired.gif

yeah, I'm a little perturbed. Both rappers get respect from me, but like said earlier, BIG put out 2 albums! 2

indifferent.gif

& shouldnt be considered the goat. Please ... & Jay. We all know Jay wouldnt be where he at if those two were still around. He cool, but goat is astretch.

I'm just using this as an example of the skill level between the two, not saying this was Jay-Z's best work. Regardless, IMO, His best works (RD etc)are still inferior to those of Big L and other rap "pioneers". That's why I feel he is so overrated.

If you have listened to all of the legendary hip hop albums including underground works and still feel Jay-Z is GOAT or top 5-10 then that's your opinion,but don't do so until you have. Most Jay-z stans from what I have seen have little knowledge about the rap "greats" and just go around holdingJay-z as some sort of rap god. That just annoys me.

Jay-z: Great MC, but not GOAT material or close.

jay-z's growth is what makes him great.

and the guy has unbelievable classic

Reasonable Doubt
Blueprint
Black Album
American Gangster

and even his weaker albums are still better than most rappers best efforts

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Most overated ? too easy.

Jay-Z.. I respect his business skills but come on... he's not that nice. RD and the blueprint are good albums but not GOAT material.
Nas.. sure illmatic was legendary but he fell off really hard and his music just isn't entertaining. Bad production.
2pac.. it seems everyone puts this guy up there like he is some sort of god.. no. He's not that nice at all.
Lil wayne..
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

dipset in general
indifferent.gif

kanye.. wack
gunit
indifferent.gif

soulja boy.. he's just making his money I guess. I don't consider this hip hop.
T.I..
laugh.gif

eminem.. ok, he's nice when he spits seriously but he has a lot of wack comedy type of garbage and there are lots of nicer white rappers. Apathy, Vinnie, RA the rugged man and many man more.
the south in general...gucci
indifferent.gif
come on, what happened to guys like the geto boys for example.

etc... most of mainstream in general. Guys like ghostface, big L, big Pun been doing it harder than anyone above.

Hip hip ain't dead, it's just underground.
You can't be **!@%+@ serious.

All Vinnie Paz talks about is violence and Islam...All R.A. raps about is being white and having sex...seriously he is one of the most one dimensional rappers ever. He had that verse about Vietnam that was decent. Apathy ,even though he's the nicest out of who you mentioned, is still sooooo many leagues below Eminem.

smh.gif

No. Vinnie raps about much more peep the first JMT album (when he was Ikon the Hologram). No way eminem is on his level. I doubt he could even comprehend it.
laugh.gif
R.A does have some wack songs, but come on, more than eminem ?
indifferent.gif
I think his rap skills as a whole are still better than eminem. Apathy would destroyeminem in a battle. He rips with the demigodz and has some sick punchlines with Celph Titled; and again, in terms of rap talent (flow, rhymes) I think he'sbetter. Eminem just gets d-riden because he is looked as "the best" or "one of the few" white rappers. This is just my opinion though, andI do respect eminem (only when he is making serious songs) but I still put these guys above him in terms of better white rappers.

^lol

1. I guess there is. Eminem ain't seeing Vinnie's skills. ESP. on the first JMT album. Listen to it, especially Vinnie's lyrics and flow thencompare it to eminem. No competition.
2. You can say the same for eminem. He only has a few good songs. Biggie was quoted as saying "i thought I was the illest" when talking about RA.Like I said, in terms of raw rap talent, RA > Eminem.
3. Ok, that's you're opinion.

I don't know how you can say Big L isn't a pioneer. Many rappers bit their styles off him and he remains extremely influential in the rap world. IMO heis GOAT.

MidEastBeast wrote:

^lol

1. I guess there is. Eminem ain't seeing Vinnie's skills. ESP. on the first JMT album. Listen to it, especially Vinnie's lyrics and flow then compare it to eminem. No competition.
2. You can say the same for eminem. He only has a few good songs. Biggie was quoted as saying "i thought I was the illest" when talking about RA. Like I said, in terms of raw rap talent, RA > Eminem.

I don't know how you can say Big L isn't a pioneer. Many rappers bit their styles off him and he remains extremely influential in the rap world. IMO he is GOAT.
congratulations ... you are the first person im ignoring because of their opinion ... i can stomach jay z stans and people who somehow enjoyed808's ... but you sir are just ... ... misinformed

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

MidEastBeast wrote:

^lol

1. I guess there is. Eminem ain't seeing Vinnie's skills. ESP. on the first JMT album. Listen to it, especially Vinnie's lyrics and flow then compare it to eminem. No competition.
2. You can say the same for eminem. He only has a few good songs. Biggie was quoted as saying "i thought I was the illest" when talking about RA. Like I said, in terms of raw rap talent, RA > Eminem.

I don't know how you can say Big L isn't a pioneer. Many rappers bit their styles off him and he remains extremely influential in the rap world. IMO he is GOAT.
congratulations ... you are the first person im ignoring because of their opinion ... i can stomach jay z stans and people who somehow enjoyed 808's ... but you sir are just ... ... misinformed

No surprise you left out "On JMT's first album" You probably never even heard it so it doesn't bother me. To reiterate: Ikon the Hologram> Eminem. Eminem simply couldn't come up lyrics as complex if he wanted too.

I heard the first Jedi Mind Tricks album long ago. The beats are nice, but the rapping from both dudes is just !#%%+#. Since then it 's just been a steady decrease in talent accompanied by an increase of garbage lyrics which lead to JMT becoming more and more unbearable.

Why do I say L isn't a pioneer? He got his style directly from Lord Finesse. You can't be a pioneer to the whole game when you didn't even pioneer your own style.

Listen to it again. "both dudes" ? There are many guys on the album. Just focus on Vinnie. I think they went on to improve from then in VBD (Hip HopClassic) then remained pretty sick until the latest album. Big L bit his "whole style" ? Really ? From Lord Finesse ?
laugh.gif
In any case, he took it toa much higher level and you can't doubt his impact on the game. Back to the original topic, Big L > Jay-Z. Jay-Z is nice but not GOAT. I didn't knowthis many dudes would get all hurt by my opinion that Ikon > Eminem but I don't care. That's my opinion. Let me add that Canibus > Eminem too. Bya lot.

[Eminem] He didn't just say what I think he did....did he? [Eminem]

HOW THE +##% IS VINNIE $%@*!+@ PAZ "BETTER" THAN EMINEM?

I'm sorry, I just gotta ignore you before I go completely awol
laugh.gif
This guy just said Eminem, the king of rhyme schemes and patterns, couldn't come upwith lyrics as complex as Vinnie Paz...?

Yea, obviously. Vinnie and Stoupe.

On that album however there were also many appearances by members of LCOB. I still stand by my opinion that Em can't compare to Vinnie on the album and thenext (VBD) Go back and listen. I mean a song like "The Immaculate Conception" is far beyond levels eminem can comprehend. He grew up on 8mile andraps about what he knows and often puts out wack pop songs to sell records, I mean, I understand that, but in terms of talent, Vinnie > Eminem, Canibus >Eminem, Immortal Technique > Eminem, and the list goes on.

Eminem just isn't THAT good.

Saying that lord finesse > Big L ? Really ? *ignored*

BIG L is GOAT IMO.

How you gonna claim Immortal Technique is better than Em, then think its outlandish for someone to say Finesse is better than L? Its time for you to ES TEE EFYOU.

Yes. That is exactly what I am saying.

Song is straight
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ both of you getting all mad and hurt over my opinion. Stans ?
smh.gif

Oh you don't know? He's that real *#$!. You should give him a listen he's totally underground therefore he's automatically better than a lot of obviously more talented rappers. I dunno though, maybe you shouldn't listen to him. He might be over your head with the vast amounts of knowledge he drops. His music is really only for a select few super cool guys who like to hear conspiracy theories and tales of the Mayans drilled into their brains.

roll.gif
and that pretty much sums it up right there ... i mean seriously ... alljokes aside, to say someone is THAT much better than em is just simple ...

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

The hell is Vinnie Paz..
Oh you don't know? He's that real *#$!. You should give him a listen he's totally underground therefore he's automatically better than a lot of obviously more talented rappers. I dunno though, maybe you shouldn't listen to him. He might be over your head with the vast amounts of knowledge he drops. His music is really only for a select few super cool guys who like to hear conspiracy theories and tales of the Mayans drilled into their brains.

you_still_mad.jpg

Originally Posted by nitzski

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Naw that title goes to BIG. But since this is NT, I'll get flamed.
laugh.gif
Y'all complain that people put Pac up there like he is some God, while half the BIG fans on here talk about him like he is some God. BIG put out TWO albums. There is no way in hell ANYONE with two albums should be considered the GOAT. I don't like Jay outside of Reasonable Doubt and some other tracks, but he has been around long enough and has earned my respect. But BIG only had TWO albums, is it his fault? No, may he RIP, but kill that GOAT talk. And Life after death ain't no classic. But this is NT so I'll catch heat, whatever I just wanted to get my 2 cents in.
laugh.gif
WOW...well may I ask what you consider a classic? When Life After Death dropped there was no album like it, it basically set the formula for all that followed it. What makes it even greater is the fact that it was a double album and had no filler...by the way this is EARTH not just NT, say that most places where there's a somewhat knowledgeable hip hop fan base and you'll catch heat for that comment...(but I applaud you voicing an unpopular opinion)

I'm probably alone on the LAD isn't a classic statement, but that probably has to do with the fact that I ain't a BIG fan.
laugh.gif
I don't know, Ijust never felt his music, but I DO RESPECT him. I just get tired of the BIG is GOAT talk because NO ONE with 2 albums is the GOAT. Not Pac. Not Nas. Not Jay.Not ANYONE.

Wait #!# happened in this thread? Vinnie Paz is better than Em?
roll.gif
I respect everyone's opinion....but
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom