JAY-Z THE MOST OVERRATED RAPPER EVER

Originally Posted by thagreatj

i just read pg 12. this is crazy. im outta here.

roll.gif
Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

Originally Posted by Untitled

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Nobody is checkin for Face
laugh.gif
ON THE EAST COAST In NY
fixed.

fixed

Says who? I'm from NY and I check for him, I just can't get into most of his stuff.

im just going off my area ... face is checked for HEAVILY in the DMV ... and i know for a fact further south down the east coast people check for face heavy... once you get to NY and further up people just like 50 cent more lol

Man my roommates from Houston and he doesn't even check for Face, down there Zero, Tre and devin are killing the game. That being said, I'm from theDMV and I think Jay's the best simply because He's leading the league in atleast 6 statistical categories, Most Sold(over 100 million last check),Realist Stories(meet the parents, where have you been...the list goes on), Best Flow(RD enough said), Best Word Play(London bridges is falling down, notbridges but britches when hova's in town),Most Ground Breaking(Just opened up for U.K at a rock festival), And he sets the most artist off(Lil Wayne, Wale,Beanie sigel...etc.)

While he may not be the best story teller, or have the best flow or this or that, he is the only rapper that should be considered top 5 in any hip hopcategory.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Man my roommates from Houston and he doesn't even check for Face, down there Zero, Tre and devin are killing the game. That being said, I'm from the DMV and I think Jay's the best simply because He's leading the league in atleast 6 statistical categories, Most Sold(over 100 million last check), Realist Stories(meet the parents, where have you been...the list goes on), Best Flow(RD enough said), Best Word Play(London bridges is falling down, not bridges but britches when hova's in town),Most Ground Breaking(Just opened up for U.K at a rock festival), And he sets the most artist off(Lil Wayne, Wale, Beanie sigel...etc.)

While he may not be the best story teller, or have the best flow or this or that, he is the only rapper that should be considered top 5 in any hip hop category.

i already addressed this same exact argument i think a few pages back ... and eminem outshines him in every one of those categories by the way ... except formaybe the setting artists off whatever the hell that means ...

Originally Posted by Billionaireb

OMG Here We Go!!!.. Man THis Guy Is So Hyped Is Not FUnny...he replaced His lyrics with swagg...thats it....he got so big that whateva he say people be o son..did u hear that man he said he hot like the sun....be real man jay is not even in the top five spot.... i dare to say he aint even the top 10 lets be real... for a min man......

roll.gif
Exactly he is in my top ten though

This doesn't really follow the theme of this thread, but seeing as how everyone is just typing their opinions out of their !$+ - I'ma throw in minetoo...

I like "Kingdom Come" more than "The Black Album" and "American Gangster."

Truth be told, I find it to be Jay's most honest album.

He basically put out an audio diary of his life at the time and how he felt going through it. The problem was, fans wanted to hear drug talk and gunplay;henceforth, you have one of the biggest (and most clever) lies Jay ever told. "I was so inspired by the movie that it took me back to the time when Iwas on the block and blah blah blah...."

Yeah !++*%#' right.

You needed and excuse to rhyme about drugs again because everyone knows you haven't touched the #%** in years. You also realized that titles couldn'tbe copyrighted, and you could piggyback off of one of the biggest movies of the year.

I can't blame him though. Cleary consumers have shown that they don't want to hear him mature and rhyme with Coldplay to his unborn daughter, they wantdrug talk. And though I'd prefer the maturity and reflection, "American Gangster" was crack so I can't complain.

Kinda %%%*+! up when you think about it. He's been in the game for like 10+, but if he ever put out and "808s.." - his career would be over.

People just wanna hear him rhyme about the same #%** over and over...

So to sum up, it's your !++*%#' fault. You !++*%#' !$+ holes.
laugh.gif

i feel you on some of that ... but to take it further, jay has been one big gimmick his entire career, its just he has skill that not many humans possess ...he picked up after big died ... he rode RD through vol. 1 2 and 3 ... put out a hot album ... then blah blah blahd his way to the BA ... then gimmicked his waywith AG ... and now hes trying to gimmick off his BP success ... my prediction is this BP3 is gonna be some garbage and get hyped more than a tinker release...

and just for the record ... part of the reason why jay is overhyped to me is exactly what you were saying ... dude came out with RD ... and then tried tore-word RD 5 times and just never compared, but people like that %#!% so he kept doing it ...

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Man my roommates from Houston and he doesn't even check for Face, down there Zero, Tre and devin are killing the game. That being said, I'm from the DMV and I think Jay's the best simply because He's leading the league in atleast 6 statistical categories, Most Sold(over 100 million last check), Realist Stories(meet the parents, where have you been...the list goes on), Best Flow(RD enough said), Best Word Play(London bridges is falling down, not bridges but britches when hova's in town),Most Ground Breaking(Just opened up for U.K at a rock festival), And he sets the most artist off(Lil Wayne, Wale, Beanie sigel...etc.)

While he may not be the best story teller, or have the best flow or this or that, he is the only rapper that should be considered top 5 in any hip hop category.
Apparently I'm not the only one who listened to Lyrical Exercise
pimp.gif
. And Marley what rapper do you know that re-invents himself after every album? Kanye changed lanes with 808's but I wouldn't dare call ita re-invention, dude been a little to the left all along. Come on man, if someone made a certified classic in Reasonable Doubt why wouldn't he try toduplicate it? I also don't think he ever could but what rapper other than Dr. Dre has actually duplicated their first classic? I'd call Rick Ross agimmick way before I'd call Jay-Z a gimmick, you must not listen to lyrics man he talks about way more than just drugs and hustling.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Apparently I'm no the only one who listened to Lyrical Exercise
pimp.gif

I see your Lyrical Exercise, and raise you Take it in Blood, lets go.
pimp.gif

jay was great.. but since that whole retirement $@*%%@$% waste of time he has become overrated, or i should at least say his newer stuff is. if we talkingabout old jay tho, hes def top 3.. hes changed and not for the best. for example listen to his verse on big daddy kanes show and prove, compare it to the versehe did on mr carter... old jay/ good jay >> new/ overrated jay

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Naw that title goes to BIG. But since this is NT, I'll get flamed.
laugh.gif
Y'all complain that people put Pac up there like he is some God, while half the BIG fans on here talk about him like he is some God. BIG put out TWO albums. There is no way in hell ANYONE with two albums should be considered the GOAT. I don't like Jay outside of Reasonable Doubt and some other tracks, but he has been around long enough and has earned my respect. But BIG only had TWO albums, is it his fault? No, may he RIP, but kill that GOAT talk. And Life after death ain't no classic. But this is NT so I'll catch heat, whatever I just wanted to get my 2 cents in.
laugh.gif
WOW...well may I ask what you consider a classic? When Life After Death dropped there was no album like it, it basically set the formula for allthat followed it. What makes it even greater is the fact that it was a double album and had no filler...by the way this is EARTH not just NT, say that mostplaces where there's a somewhat knowledgeable hip hop fan base and you'll catch heat for that comment...(but I applaud you voicing an unpopularopinion)

Word?

Lil Wayne is up for the number spot if he ain't already is lol.

Then Soulja Boy, not really overrated, but the little kids that like him thinks he's the best.
Which I feel sorry for them because in a few years they will grow out of him and he will become
vanilla_ice.jpg

OMG look at this clown.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nitzski

bbllplaya23 wrote:

laugh.gif
Y'all
complain that people put Pac up there like he is some God, while half the BIG fans on here talk about him like he is some God. BIG put out TWO albums. There
is no way in hell ANYONE with two albums should be considered the GOAT. I don't like Jay outside of Reasonable Doubt and some other tracks, but he has
been around long enough and has earned my respect. But BIG only had TWO albums, is it his fault? No, may he RIP, but kill that GOAT talk. And Life
after death ain't no classic.
But this is NT so I'll catch heat, whatever I just wanted to get my 2 cents in.
laugh.gif
WOW...well may I ask what you consider a classic? When Life After Death dropped there was no album like it, it basically set the formula for all
that followed it. What makes it even greater is the fact that it was a double album and had no filler...by the way this is EARTH not just NT, say that most
places where there's a somewhat knowledgeable hip hop fan base and you'll catch heat for that comment...(but I applaud you voicing an unpopular
opinion)

LAD is definitely a classic imo, but that no filler statement is untrue. That album is street joint, club/mainstream single, street joint, club/mainstreamsingle the entire way through. You take off Nasty Boy, Another, Player Hater, $%#! You Tonight, and (don't flame) Hypnotize, cut thatjoint don't to a single disc 18 track album and ladies and gentlemen, you've got as close to Illmatic Pt. 2 as were ever gonna see.

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

bbllplaya23 wrote:

laugh.gif
Y'all
complain that people put Pac up there like he is some God, while half the BIG fans on here talk about him like he is some God. BIG put out TWO albums. There
is no way in hell ANYONE with two albums should be considered the GOAT. I don't like Jay outside of Reasonable Doubt and some other tracks, but he has
been around long enough and has earned my respect. But BIG only had TWO albums, is it his fault? No, may he RIP, but kill that GOAT talk. And Life
laugh.gif
WOW...well may I ask what you consider a classic? When Life After Death dropped there was no album like it, it basically set the formula for all
that followed it. What makes it even greater is the fact that it was a double album and had no filler...by the way this is EARTH not just NT, say that most
places where there's a somewhat knowledgeable hip hop fan base and you'll catch heat for that comment...(but I applaud you voicing an unpopular
opinion)

LAD is definitely a classic imo, but that no filler statement is untrue. That album is street joint, club/mainstream single, street joint, club/mainstream single the entire way through. You take off Nasty Boy, Another, Player Hater, $%#! You Tonight, and (don't flame) Hypnotize, cut that joint don't to a single disc 18 track album and ladies and gentlemen, you've got as close to Illmatic Pt. 2 as were ever gonna see.
I may have to concede "Another" that is the closest thing to filler on that album. However, on the others I'll have to disagree. Ofcourse those songs are no lyrical gems but it you play them at any party, etc. I guarantee that most everyone will rock with it and sing along, BIG wasstraight clownin' with "Player Hater" but he took a classic soul record and had fun with it!

That's exactly what makes LAD a classic, it could appeal to street cats, party cats, hip hop heads, etc.

As far as the topic at hand, I've read some extremely outlandish statements on here but I will thank y'all for keeping me entertained for the last houror so. Jay may not be the G.O.A.T. (although I believe he very well could be) he certainly isn't themost overrated ever. He's earned his stripes through his catalog...

^no doubt, i wasn't ensuing that they were bad songs at all, if anything it's testament as to how GREAT big was, the fact that songs that some peopleview as filler are better than anything 75% of rappers will ever put out.

I just think a 18 cut LAD excluding the songs i mentioned would have been perfection

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Word?

Lil Wayne is up for the number spot if he ain't already is lol.

Then Soulja Boy, not really overrated, but the little kids that like him thinks he's the best.
Which I feel sorry for them because in a few years they will grow out of him and he will become
vanilla_ice.jpg

OMG look at this clown.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Wayne is definitely the most overrated rapper IMO.

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

bbllplaya23 wrote:

laugh.gif
Y'all
laugh.gif
opinion)

LAD is definitely a classic imo, but that no filler statement is untrue. That album is street joint, club/mainstream single, street joint, club/mainstream single the entire way through. You take off Nasty Boy, Another, Player Hater, $%#! You Tonight, and (don't flame) Hypnotize, cut that joint don't to a single disc 18 track album and ladies and gentlemen, you've got as close to Illmatic Pt. 2 as were ever gonna see.
I agree with you man, taking all of those off of LAD would make LAD so much better

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Jay
Lupe mayb...hes gettin there
I've been saying since food and liquor that Lupe will go down as the best if he produces like 5 more albums, guess we won't get thatchance.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom