JAY-Z THE MOST OVERRATED RAPPER EVER

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

Originally Posted by Deuce King

With the theory that Wayne is younger than Jay Z right now before he released Reasonable Doubt you are setting yourself up for failure. That would mean that Wayne has a Reasonable Doubt album that he is about to put out soon
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
, you would have better luck getting Palin in the White House this year than having Wayne putting out or having anything close to Reasonable Doubt material. I'm not saying that Jay's catalogue is untouchable but in comparison to Wayne, Jay's catalogue is most certainly untouchable that's not even up for debate or convesation.

You might as well forget Wayne getting his act together, he already has a permanent room reserved at The Betty Ford clinic.

my theory is that if you want to hate on wayne so much, then just compare him and jigga objectively ... right now (put all this autotune bs aside) wayne has 4 BANGERS under his belt (500 degreez, tha block is hot, carter 1 and carter 2) ... thats not even counting his mixtape material ... and he is still younger than jay-z was when he put out reasonable doubt ... ... ...

now wayne could very well die next week ... and he very well could never revert back to the old wayne ... HOWEVER, as i said before, IF he ever does ... if dude ever goes back to where he was ... his career will completely %%+* on jay-z's ... the years just dont favor jay ... it was hard for jay-z to get on the scene with his spitting image holding %%+* down ... if biggie doesnt die jay gets average play at best ... those years he lost put him at a disadvantage to someone like wayne whow as puttin out %%+* when he was a teenager ...

people looking at the carter 3 era wayne and forgetting how much heat this dude has released ...
tired.gif

Would you please stop with all the "what if" or the "possiblility" to the "if Wayne drops an album the day of a full moon" talk. The bottom line is this, from albums to songs Weezy is the poor mans' Jay Z, that's just the way it is. Now you don't have to like it Marley, but it is the truth. Also, nobody is hating on Wayne, or at least not me whatsoever. Wayne has a decent career, and he has accomplished alot within the last few years, everything I have said about Wayne is either the truth or can be considered as the truth, that's far from hating champ.

Also, spare me that "if Biggie was still alive Jay wouldn't be mentioned right now" talk. How do you know........answer YOU DON'T. With your type of mentality, I could easily say "If Pac was still alive he would have ended Biggie career". See how one asinine comment leads to another Marley. Like I said before, I expect better out of you Marley.
The fact that wayne is mentioned with Jay-Z just screams what's wrong with this generation's music taste.
sick.gif

Man these shock threads are hilarious. 2Pac is way more overrated than Jay-Z is. I like Pac don't get me wrong but he prolly only has one or two songswhere the lyrics have you scratching your head or make you hit the rewind button. Plus he don't rhyme half the time. I think people see quantity overquality in 2Pac's case. All Eyez On Me is the only certifiable classic he ever put out in my book.

And come on let's quit with the Lil Wayne and Jay-Z comparisons, Wayne is nowhere near Jay-Z lyrically. Someone come in here and prove me wrong. Anyonethat uses autotune as much as Wayne does should not even be mentioned with the likes of Jay-Z. Dude says "like" at least 200 times in every song.Jay-Z has actual meaningful lyrics for days, Wayne has a bunch of scattered meaningless rhymes for days.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Man these shock threads are hilarious. 2Pac is way more overrated than Jay-Z is. I like Pac don't get me wrong but he prolly only has one or two songs
where the lyrics have you scratching your head or make you hit the rewind button. Plus he don't rhyme half the time. I think people see quantity over
quality in 2Pac's case. All Eyez On Me is the only certifiable classic he ever put out in my book.

And come on let's quit with the Lil Wayne and Jay-Z comparisons, Wayne is nowhere near Jay-Z lyrically. Someone come in here and prove me wrong. Anyone
that uses autotune as much as Wayne does should not even be mentioned with the likes of Jay-Z. Dude says "like" at least 200 times in every song.
Jay-Z has actual meaningful lyrics for days, Wayne has a bunch of scattered meaningless rhymes for days.

nope, Pac is probably underrated because a lot of people share the same view as you do. Im a west coast cat so i grew up as a kid with Pac, not trulyunderstanding his music. When i reached my teens, i truly started to understand hip hop and i hit a complete 180, thought Pac was overrated as @+*#, went intoa Biggie/Jay phase. It wasn't until i really listened to Pac's entire catologue with this new understanding that i really began to appreciate hismusic. Pac deserves every accolade he gets, I dont necessarily think he's better than BIG or even Jay or Nas but he's without a doubt one of thegreatest of all time. To think anything less is foolish.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Imma make this short cause I got a paper to write.

Is Jay-Z Overrated at times... Hell yes

Is he the most Overrated ever? Hell No...Thats Tupac

But I honestly haven't heard proper reasoning why Jay-Z isn't goat yet.

Scarface is cool but if he drops an LP no one really cares (Don't disagree. It's true)
Eminem is a beast but he's more overrated than Jay-Z, top 10 though
Rakim see Scarface
KRS - Never saw the appeal. Matter of fact someone find me a verse where he doesn't say "Hip-Hop"
Nas - If Jay aint, he is.
Wayne - Blame Autotune.
nerd.gif

Before I roast ye, why do you cats think 2Pac is overrated?

Kanye is overrated. There, it has been posted.

Kanye is gettin to that certain level where his fanbase will hype up some garbage for him.
But NO ONE and I mean NO ONE gets more hype than this N_ Pac. And I'll leave it at that cause I have respect for the deceased.

^please elaborate, people talk about BIG way more than they do Pac, hell even L gets slurped more than Pac, in fact, most times i see Pac's name mentionedit's someone speaking ill of him.

What do really expect with Pac though?
For him to blow you away with his lyrics?

That's not how Pac raps, obviously.

Is he the GOAT?
Naw, but I don't think many people would argue that.

Is he ONE of the best to ever do it?
Without a doubt.

Listen to his catolouge(pre-humous).

people still believe wayne is still 26.
smh.gif

i wont go as far as to say jay is "overrated." i'll say i rate his albums differently than everyone else.

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

^please elaborate, people talk about BIG way more than they do Pac, hell even L gets slurped more than Pac, in fact, most times i see Pac's name mentioned it's someone speaking ill of him.

NO Sir, thats definitely false...

Originally Posted by yungmatt

purplehazze96 wrote:

^please elaborate, people talk about BIG way more than they do Pac, hell even L gets slurped more than Pac, in fact, most times i see
Pac's name mentioned it's someone speaking ill of him.

NO Sir, thats definitely false...

you really think so? I visit numerous music forums and there are always a lot more BIG post than Pac post, like i said, when Pac gets mentioned it'susually somebody saying "Am i the only one who doesn't #%$@ with dude" resulting in a six page thread, or "Im sorry but Pac is wack"

Originally Posted by mossman75

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

mossman....name 10 MCs with a better musical career than Jay.....
*Puts flame on suit on*

Rakim
Nas
KRS-One
Kool G. Rap
Scarface
Ice Cube
Black Thought
Common
LL Cool J
Chuck D
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Scarface > Eminem > NAS > BIGGIE > PAC > BIG L > RAKIM > SLICK RICK > PUN > JAY-Z

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^^^youve prolly never even listened to 3 of the people you are laughing at ... i actually guarantee it

hey i wanted to hear some of jay-zs unreleased unofficial stuff, what mixtapes has he been on in his career?
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot.jpg

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

^^^youve prolly never even listened to 3 of the people you are laughing at ... i actually guarantee it

hey i wanted to hear some of jay-zs unreleased unofficial stuff, what mixtapes has he been on in his career?
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot.jpg

You don't know what the hell you're talking about
laugh.gif

I have Rakim's, Kool G Rap's, Scarface's, Nas', and KRS-ONE's FULL Discographies.. and I gave/give them mad listens
laugh.gif

then your ear for music is flawed ...

Solo albums

* 1991: Mr. Scarface Is Back
* 1993: The World Is Yours
* 1994: The Diary
* 1997: The Untouchable
* 1998: My Homies
* 2000: The Last of a Dying Breed
* 2002: The Fix
* 2007: Made
* 2008: Emeritus

Other albums

* 2003: Balls and My Word (unofficial)
* 2006: One Hunid (with The Product)
* 2006: My Homies Part 2

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Solo albums

* Reasonable Doubt (1996)
* In My Lifetime, Vol. 1 (1997)
* Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life (1998)
* Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter (1999)
* The Dynasty: Roc La Familia (2000)
* The Blueprint (2001)
* The Blueprint²: The Gift & the Curse (2002)
* The Black Album (2003)
* Kingdom Come (2006)
* American Gangster (2007)
* The Blueprint 3 (2009)

^Scarface>Jay no question

I can't hold that against Spot Rusherz though, 9/10 hip hop heads slept on Face's whole career

The Blueprint is the most overrated album in hip hop history and this is coming from a big Jay fan. On another note, Face is not better than Jay.

Back
Top Bottom