JAY-Z is the GREATEST

after what pun did on YEA BABY....cannot be in the convo, sorry. Worst Sophmore album evarr
laugh.gif

He was goin Toe to Toe wit Big in 95-96
No he really wasn't. Most folks didnt give him the time of day back then cause Big was still around.

I honestly think we need to have a G.O.A.T thread stickied for each of the MAIN four people that _'s on here argue are the G.O.A.T's, (Nasir, Jay, Bigand Pac). Would include Ra, but for better or for worse, he isn't mentioned over and over and over like the other four.

These threads always end up going down the same road and the thread itself is the same #%@% that is rehashed over and over again every couple weeks.

There is no consensus as to who is the GOAT. Just like in sports. It's opinion.

Jay is a coward and it shows. Talk %&I^ about his own people. A coward and a snake that take away every good thing you done. Not that he done much goodanyway.

cmon, nas is not better than jay in anyway, hes good dont get me wrong but he only got one classic, the rest are decent, jay had classics after classics

how you can argue for jay over nas is beyond me ... i mean look at the blatant disregard for his life that nas displayed on ether ... end of discussion ...jay-z lucked out that big died or else he wouldnt have even been relevant ... nas would have still done him ...

Originally Posted by eastnewyork80

cmon, nas is not better than jay in anyway, hes good dont get me wrong but he only got one classic, the rest are decent, jay had classics after classics

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I mean he got the best flow

Andre 3000

most consistent

Nas....still spitting flames after his 2001 re-awakening

realest stories

I don't believe any of these rap cats like that...lol

most charisma

Gotta be one of those down south cats (Gucci, OJ Da Juiceman) that can't rap yet are still buzzing.

sets the most trends

Kanye

and his interviews is hotter

Uh...not sure about this category.

em has the best flow ...

scarface is the most consistent ...

scarface has the realest stories ...

wayne has the most charisma ...

i dont even know who sets the most trends cuz all them dudes copy each other lol ...

kanye got the best interviews lol, reminds me of mike tyson, dont know if hes gonna be humble or kiss his own sack ...

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by eastnewyork80

seriously, you guys need to stop being sarcastic and admit jay is god of the game

he's up in the mix but at the end of the day there is no true GOAT...

im inclined to agree..

But if there isnt a true GOAT , hes the closest we'll get....*JMO*

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

how you can argue for jay over nas is beyond me ... i mean look at the blatant disregard for his life that nas displayed on ether ... end of discussion ... jay-z lucked out that big died or else he wouldnt have even been relevant ... nas would have still done him ...
Umm, you're aware that BIG was around when he dropped his first two albums that went platinum right?

and? so now album sales dictates greatness? jay would have been just another %!++# from NY, platinum or no platinum ... BIG & NAS would have always runthat %%@@ ...

Originally Posted by AirThompson

how you can argue for jay over nas is beyond me ... i mean look at the blatant disregard for his life that nas displayed on ether ... end of discussion ... jay-z lucked out that big died or else he wouldnt have even been relevant ... nas would have still done him ...
Umm, you're aware that BIG was around when he dropped his first two albums that went platinum right?
Reasonable Doubt went plat in 2002...

And Vol 1. came out after Biggie died. Nov. of that year...

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

laugh.gif
Vol. 1 was actually looked at as a disappointment to some....most dudes felt if Jay wanted the NY crown he had to come harder than that(pause)

What in the world happened to the NT Music Forum... Oh My Gaawd
smh.gif
smh.gif

For the record, had BIG lived, Jay would've ended being the AZ to him... The same way AZ never really got shine because there's Nas, and IMO AZexistance means next to NOTHING as long as Nas knows his way to the studio... Had BIG lived to make 8 albums (if that was truly what he wanted to do)... Jay Zwould've ended up gettin the AZ treatment... And in a way he was gettin that treatment untill Hard Knock Life dropped... And for the record Def Jam boughtcopies of that $#+! too... To beat out Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill & Aquemini... SoundScam saved homies career...

Not tot ake anything away from Jay because he's an AMAZING MC, anyone sayin anything other than that is a fool...

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

laugh.gif
Vol. 1 was actually looked at as a disappointment to some....most dudes felt if Jay wanted the NY crown he had to come harder than that (pause)
Ppl always say how Puff benefited so much from Big's death, but nowhere near as much as Jay did.

RD didnt go plat until it's re-release after his success off Vol. 2. And Vol 1 was frowned upon.

"Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense (but I did 5 mill)
I aint been rhyming like Common since
When your sese got that much & you've been hustling since
Your inception, $$@@ perception goes w/ what makes sense
Since I know what I'm up against, we as rappers must decide what's most important
& I CAN'T HELP THE POOR IF I'M ONE OF THEM, so I got rich & gave back to me that's a win,win"

& IMO Jay gave big a run for his $$$ in I Love The Dough & BK's Finest, & Nas is a fail(commercial wise)

I can honestly say I'm getting a good laugh out of the individuals that are trying to bring Andre 3000, and even Em into this discussion. Both are greatMC's, and I'll just leave it at that. You dudes carry on.

Jay Z would've ended up gettin the AZ treatment...

......and you know this how??
... And for the record Def Jam bought copies of that $#+! too...

LOL.

BEANS > HOV

LOL.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Jay Z would've ended up gettin the AZ treatment...

......and you know this how??

I think it's pretty safe to say that. RD is considered by most his best work and that album wasnt really making that much noise when it cameout.

Lyrically REASONABLE DOUBT > READY TO DIE..

Jays wordplay was crazy on his 1st album...Certified Classic

AZ cant touch REASONABLE DOUBT in his wildest dreams..

*i do like AZ tho*

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Lyrically REASONABLE DOUBT > READY TO DIE..

Jays wordplay was crazy on his 1st album...Certified Classic

AZ cant touch REASONABLE DOUBT in his wildest dreams..

*i do like AZ tho*

Death Before Dishonor>Reasonable Doubt

Back
Top Bottom