Japan 9.0 Mag. Quake/Tsunami -HAITI stands with Japan [vid]

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

BKT - what exactly is your deal? like what is the purpose of you being on niketak? so far, i haven't been able to figure it out.

9/11/01 + 3/10/11 = December 12, 2012 Keep on with your tomfoolery, cheering on grown men who wouldn't care if you dropped dead tomorrow. Ask Carmelo if you can borrow 100 dollars see what he says to you, and I'll keep ya eyes peeled with what was written.

Originally Posted by BTK

BKT - what exactly is your deal? like what is the purpose of you being on niketak? so far, i haven't been able to figure it out.

9/11/01 + 3/10/11 = December 12, 2012 Keep on with your tomfoolery, cheering on grown men who wouldn't care if you dropped dead tomorrow. Ask Carmelo if you can borrow 100 dollars see what he says to you, and I'll keep ya eyes peeled with what was written.

um...........

im not the best at math but............something dont add up my man.

Originally Posted by BTK

um...........

im not the best at math but............something dont add up my man.

Originally Posted by BTK

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BTK

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BTK

Please stop it man

Originally Posted by BTK

Please stop it man

The IAEA said investigators in Japan found radiation levels have returned to normal at the Onagawa nuclear power plant.

sounds good.

The IAEA said investigators in Japan found radiation levels have returned to normal at the Onagawa nuclear power plant.

sounds good.

Originally Posted by BTK

I thought the solstice event was on the 21, of 2012. 
knowing-nick-cage.jpg

Originally Posted by BTK

I thought the solstice event was on the 21, of 2012. 
knowing-nick-cage.jpg

Damn... May those souls that left us rest in peace.

[h1]Japanese volcano erupts[/h1][h2][/h2]Mar 13, 2011 3:01 PM | By Sapa-AFP

[h3] A volcano in southwestern Japan erupted Sunday after nearly two weeks of relative silence, sending ash and rocks up to four kilometres (two and a half miles) into the air, a local official says. [/h3]
It was not immediately clear if the eruption was a direct result of the massive 8.9-magnitude earthquake that rocked northern areas Friday, unleashing a fierce tsunami and sparking fears that more than 10,000 may have been killed.

The 1,421-metre (4,689-feet) Shinmoedake volcano in the Kirishima range saw its first major eruption for 52 years in January. There had not been any major activity at the site since March 1.

Authorities have maintained a volcano warning at a level of three out of five, restricting access to the entire mountain.

In April last year, the eruption of the Eyjafjoell volcano in Iceland dispersed a vast cloud of ash, triggering a huge shutdown of airspace that affected more than 100,000 flights and eight million passengers.

11-02-2011-08-02-0_1702683b.jpg

Smoke rises from Shinmoedake peak, a mountain in the Kirishima volcanic range between Kagoshima and Miyazaki prefectures.
Photograph by: KYODO
Credit: REUTERS

Source: http://www.timeslive.co.z.../Japanese-volcano-erupts

Damn... May those souls that left us rest in peace.

[h1]Japanese volcano erupts[/h1][h2][/h2]Mar 13, 2011 3:01 PM | By Sapa-AFP

[h3] A volcano in southwestern Japan erupted Sunday after nearly two weeks of relative silence, sending ash and rocks up to four kilometres (two and a half miles) into the air, a local official says. [/h3]
It was not immediately clear if the eruption was a direct result of the massive 8.9-magnitude earthquake that rocked northern areas Friday, unleashing a fierce tsunami and sparking fears that more than 10,000 may have been killed.

The 1,421-metre (4,689-feet) Shinmoedake volcano in the Kirishima range saw its first major eruption for 52 years in January. There had not been any major activity at the site since March 1.

Authorities have maintained a volcano warning at a level of three out of five, restricting access to the entire mountain.

In April last year, the eruption of the Eyjafjoell volcano in Iceland dispersed a vast cloud of ash, triggering a huge shutdown of airspace that affected more than 100,000 flights and eight million passengers.

11-02-2011-08-02-0_1702683b.jpg

Smoke rises from Shinmoedake peak, a mountain in the Kirishima volcanic range between Kagoshima and Miyazaki prefectures.
Photograph by: KYODO
Credit: REUTERS

Source: http://www.timeslive.co.z.../Japanese-volcano-erupts

30t6p3b.gif
,  Volcanos erupting and another tsunami warning just went out per CNN.  Prayers go out to everyone in Japan.

30t6p3b.gif
,  Volcanos erupting and another tsunami warning just went out per CNN.  Prayers go out to everyone in Japan.

white smoke seen at reactor #3 and hydrogen explosion. (maybe cesium and sea water?)
water levels drop 5m as tsunami nears
Estimated 10ft high tsunami seen off the north-east coast of Japan by helicopter...
Now some Japanese official guy is saying "no tsunami" and only a few fluctuations in sea level, and I remain confused.
More conflicting reports that 3m high waves are approaching, but people are still being evacuated

0236: The wall of a building collapsed as a result of the blast(s) at Reactor 3 - Japanese TV.
0234: Some 2,000 bodies were found today on two shores in Miyagi Prefecture, 1,000 on the Ojika Peninsula and 1,000 at Minamisanriku - Japanese news agency Kyodo.

white smoke seen at reactor #3 and hydrogen explosion. (maybe cesium and sea water?)
water levels drop 5m as tsunami nears
Estimated 10ft high tsunami seen off the north-east coast of Japan by helicopter...
Now some Japanese official guy is saying "no tsunami" and only a few fluctuations in sea level, and I remain confused.
More conflicting reports that 3m high waves are approaching, but people are still being evacuated

0236: The wall of a building collapsed as a result of the blast(s) at Reactor 3 - Japanese TV.
0234: Some 2,000 bodies were found today on two shores in Miyagi Prefecture, 1,000 on the Ojika Peninsula and 1,000 at Minamisanriku - Japanese news agency Kyodo.

Originally Posted by newmoanyuh

when nuclear fuel overheats it has the capacity to separate hydrogen and oxygen from water. hydrogen is highly explosive in the 4-74% concentration range in air as it recombined with oxygen. I am fairly knowledgeable on the technologies present in north american nuclear plants but don't know too much about this japanese one. I think a lot of people are aware of the Three Mile Island(TMI) disaster in the US, one of the lessons learnt from that disaster was the need to have control over building hydrogen gas concentration. After the disaster at TMI, the various nuclear associations around the world put out a list of improvements that were retro-fitted to existing plants. Plant I work at has a sub-system specifically designed to recombine hydrogen back into light or heavy water form before it gets to explosive stages. Thats our normal control over hydrogen, if that weren't enough to rely on, we have an emergency system to deal with hydrogen. Should a doomsday scenario such as the one in japan happen to us, there are multiple igniters that purposely try to burn hydrogen. think of it as tiny series of explosions dissipating any hydrogen build up instead of letting it build up to pressure and levels like the one at daiichi reactors and cause a massive explosion.

I dont know if they have a system to deal with hydrogen and it failed, or if they never installed a system after the disaster in the states. If its the latter, im left shaking my head.

Originally Posted by newmoanyuh

when nuclear fuel overheats it has the capacity to separate hydrogen and oxygen from water. hydrogen is highly explosive in the 4-74% concentration range in air as it recombined with oxygen. I am fairly knowledgeable on the technologies present in north american nuclear plants but don't know too much about this japanese one. I think a lot of people are aware of the Three Mile Island(TMI) disaster in the US, one of the lessons learnt from that disaster was the need to have control over building hydrogen gas concentration. After the disaster at TMI, the various nuclear associations around the world put out a list of improvements that were retro-fitted to existing plants. Plant I work at has a sub-system specifically designed to recombine hydrogen back into light or heavy water form before it gets to explosive stages. Thats our normal control over hydrogen, if that weren't enough to rely on, we have an emergency system to deal with hydrogen. Should a doomsday scenario such as the one in japan happen to us, there are multiple igniters that purposely try to burn hydrogen. think of it as tiny series of explosions dissipating any hydrogen build up instead of letting it build up to pressure and levels like the one at daiichi reactors and cause a massive explosion.

I dont know if they have a system to deal with hydrogen and it failed, or if they never installed a system after the disaster in the states. If its the latter, im left shaking my head.

Back
Top Bottom