Jackie Chan Retires From Action Movies

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

there won't be anyone like him at the box office but i'd pay top dollar to watch tony Jaa ... i don't care how bad the plot is or how many elephants he has to save

I lol at the elephant comment

Police Story
pimp.gif

Jackie Chan was always one of the good guys. He's such a likable person too. Always had a lot of respect for him. I'll miss him doing action, but I think he'd do very well in other roles.

It's also dope that he has an nice Evo. Car looks nice.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

The greatest martial arts movie star ever IMO.

And I've still got a few movies I've never seen from him, which I'm excited about.

Jackie Chan > Bruce Lee

Spoiler [+]
Advance upon me, male sibling
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Definitely a living legend. His death will be up there with MJ with me. *knocks on wood.

I hate watching movies with poor fight scenes........after watching Jackie Chan fight scenes.
eek.gif
@ how complex and detailed they are.

I don't remember wanting to watch any of his recent movies.  The last one was probably Rush Hour 2 and that was awhile ago.

the end of an era. the generation before us had bruce lee and chuck norris. we had jet li (kind of) and jackie chan. who will take up the do-your-own-stunts martial arts guy mantra now?

he is not retring, according to him, just staying safe and laying low:

"I just want to let everyone know that I am not retiring from doing action movies. What I meant to say is that I need to do less of the life risking stunts on my movies. After all these years of doing so many stunts and breaking so many bones, I need to take better care of my body so I can keep working," the actor wrote on his Facebook page.

"I will continue to do international action movies," Jackie added.

happy.gif
grin.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Jackie Chan in hi-def in the ‘Project A Series’ Blu-ray Box Set[/h1]
Posted on May 21, 2012 by HKFanatic

"Project A Series" Blu-ray Box Set

The Project A series remains one of Jackie Chan’s most beloved cinematic ventures, due in large part to the 1984 original that managed to perfect Chan’s Buster Keaton-esque physical comedy and play off of the chemistry of the Three Brothers – Jackie, Sammo Hung, and Yuen Biao. Jackie went solo for 1987′s Project A 2 but it still contains several memorable fight scenes and set pieces.

Fans eager to see Jackie Chan’s catalog released in hi-def need wait no more. Trusted retailer DDDHouse is offering the Project A Series Blu-ray Box Set at a special promo price of $33.97. This includes both films in the series on Region A Blu-rays, which are viewable on all American Blu-ray players. In widescreen and full 1080p, with English subtitles.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom