Jackie Chan Retires From Action Movies

jackie chan def appreciated
pimp.gif

im not sure how expendables II would turn out, but it would be awesome to have a 3rd and let jackie chan play a different role.. he always plays the funny hero and stuff.. would be cool if he would play an evil, murderous bad guy

220px-Police-Story-poster.jpg

I bet western folks know nothing about the Police Story series... Jackie claims this film is the best he has ever made in terms of action.

That bus scene 
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
.  Fool ran down a cliff then jumped onto a moving bus.  

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

im not sure how expendables II would turn out, but it would be awesome to have a 3rd and let jackie chan play a different role.. he always plays the funny hero and stuff.. would be cool if he would play an evil, murderous bad guy
The Chinese government doesn't like Jackie Chan playing a bad guy. Probably limited only to films he shoots/produces in China but I think all his movie has some Chinese production company involved in it so we might not see him as a full-pledged  bad guy.

...one more ting.

This is the GOAT fight scene from chan. well, throwback chan at least (from what i've seen, nothing comes close).

Yo as a kid he was my Hero, still is,
I dont even know what my fav movie is though so many

Between Who am I and first strike.

very much appreciated! i can watch any jackie movie all day long.

Im wishing 1 more Rush hour!... End it with they both retiring cops on the movie.

it's not the end of the world.

it gives him an opportunity to play other roles, and he deserves that opportunity.

He's nearly 60, it had to end sometime.

I have to ask though, who is now the marquee martial arts movie mega star in the industry now? Jason Statham?

Just goes to show, there is only one Jackie Chan.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

it gives him an opportunity to play other roles, and he deserves that opportunity.

I have to ask though, who is now the marquee martial arts movie mega star in the industry now? Jason Statham?
Donnie Yen has been doing work.
I wish Jackie could've been in The Expendables II and been the co-villain with JCVD.  It would've been 
smokin.gif

A stuntman did die in the movie so maybe it was good he wasn't in it.  His retirement from action movies and doing his own stunts is well deserved.  I'm glad he made the decision while he's still able to walk.

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Donnie Yen has been doing work.
Isn't Donnie Yen pretty old too? His like 50 or very close to it. Dude just looks extremely young for his age. 
Plus he isn't really a huge star in the US, not many knows him here. 

Tony Jaa could take up the mantle but I am not sure what dude is doing these days other than he is rumored to be on the Machete sequel. I'm surprised no one has tried to get him to come to the US, maybe the lack of English speaking?

^
Yeah, he's been around forever.  I think he did a lot of stuntwork and fight choreography in the U.S. earlier in his career.  The only U.S.  movie I remember him in was Blade II 
smokin.gif
.  I think he's happy just doing Chinese movies.  Ip Man 1 & 2 were amazing.

Originally Posted by shogun

^
Yeah, he's been around forever.  I think he did a lot of stuntwork and fight choreography in the U.S. earlier in his career.  The only U.S.  movie I remember him in was Blade II 
smokin.gif
.  I think he's happy just doing Chinese movies.  Ip Man 1 & 2 were amazing.

He was on Shanghai Knights. 

Originally Posted by RFX45

The Chinese government doesn't like Jackie Chan playing a bad guy. Probably limited only to films he shoots/produces in China but I think all his movie has some Chinese production company involved in it so we might not see him as a full-pledged  bad guy.
thats BS... stupid government.. like they own jackie chan.. first role i saw jet li was lethal weapon 4 and he was the bad guy.. he was awesome.. i would love to see jackie chan and jet li go at it.. cause that lundgren/li fight in expendables was kinda wack

He needs to do more movies like the Shinjuku Incident......his stunty action movies don't fly anymore...

Sad to see him no longer do what he mastered for all these years but I'm very interested in seeing what roles he's going to be able to do now in Hollywood, if he decides to still do U.S. films.

Originally Posted by RFX45

thats BS... stupid government.. like they own jackie chan.. first role i saw jet li was lethal weapon 4 and he was the bad guy.. he was awesome.. i would love to see jackie chan and jet li go at it.. cause that lundgren/li fight in expendables was kinda wack
This is the EXACT reason why Andy Lau is in Iron Man 3 but will not be playing the Mandarin, he'll be playing a good guy and they're making a white guy play a Chinese villian. All because the movie is partly financed by the Chinese and they don't want him playing a bad guy.
There's also an alternate ending in Infernal Affairs for Chinese cinemas, where Andy Lau just comes out of the elevator and gets arrested. 

Damn Cole world..... I was hoping for one more rush hour cmon Cartaaah leee cartaaah

Back
Top Bottom