[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

initially after i heard the track, i didnt know what you were talking bout.
buut now you kinda raised my suspicions with that quote.
when rappers think of ghostwriters or claiming the pen, drake is the first to come to min these days.
then i know drake don't own the number 6, but the placement of that next line is quite interesting.
its one of those mess wit your head type joint. could be something, could be nothing at all....

I'm saying when I first heard it , didn't pay attention to it at all , came and here and said that , these dudes wanna come for my head for having my own opinion .. I doubt Cole would throw shots at him like that , not too long ago Drake got on stage and said Cole was like a brother he never had . Rap is competitive , so a Drake vs Cole would be nice for years to come . Meek isn't on Cole level so that would be interesting .

My bad. But seriously ppl and blogs take anybody saying 6 and run with it. Now what you pointed out may make the most sense out of any allegations I've seen.

I'm saying when I first heard it , didn't pay attention to it at all , came and here and said that , these dudes wanna come for my head for having my own opinion .. I doubt Cole would throw shots at him like that , not too long ago Drake got on stage and said Cole was like a brother he never had . Rap is competitive , so a Drake vs Cole would be nice for years to come . Meek isn't on Cole level so that would be interesting .

Reaching :lol:

J.cole was just reiterating what Drake said on 0/100

Yeah, I mean you already wrote for us
Damn, n-, what's one more quote for us?

Last edited:
Stoked 
nthat.gif

Lol collab coming out 5 years too late... I remember listening to that snippet of temptations on the tube. I was so naive and so excited. Now as I'm older, this fool is one of the biggest sell outs out there. It's crazy how big his fan base got with 3 mediocre studio albums.

Lol collab coming out 5 years too late... I remember listening to that snippet of temptations on the tube. I was so naive and so excited. Now as I'm older, this fool is one of the biggest sell outs out there. It's crazy how big his fan base got with 3 mediocre studio albums.

how is he a sell out?

and mediocre is just opinion of a person but what about the sell out part?

:lol: @ the salt in the blood

Anyone who becomes too successful at their craft and starts making too much money, and has too big of a following, is automatically a sell out.

I guess Jay, Nas, Biggie, Pac were all sell outs too :lol:

how is he a sell out?

and mediocre is just opinion of a person but what about the sell out part?

Maybe sell out is the wrong word to use here, but he doesn't really care about his loyal day one fans. Will he ever come out with another mixtape again? Like seesh forget a mixtape, just drop a couple unreleased songs every once in a while. He's gotten lazy now with the new fame and fortune. Every rapper does this to a certain extent, but multiple artist go on multiple world tours in one year and still release way more music than this cat does. All the way up until he got signed, he had a drive. His content was of quality. I mean sure he's still a great lyricist, but does the guy really care for the people that got him here?

Lol what ? i guess you haven't been that much of a fan lately
Maybe sell out is the wrong word to use here, but he doesn't really care about his loyal day one fans. Will he ever come out with another mixtape again? Like seesh forget a mixtape, just drop a couple unreleased songs every once in a while. He's gotten lazy now with the new fame and fortune. Every rapper does this to a certain extent, but multiple artist go on multiple world tours in one year and still release way more music than this cat does. All the way up until he got signed, he had a drive. His content was of quality. I mean sure he's still a great lyricist, but does the guy really care for the people that got him here?

Last edited:
^This was last week.

http://m.billboard.com/entry/view/id/149279

He don't care about his fans though.
He should of been spending that time putting out unreleased songs instead of visiting cancer patients.

And I guess dropping a back Friday gift with Kendrick, 2 long *** dope free styles, for free, is being lazy?...

And I guess the fact that he's renting the house he bought (@ 2014 forest hills drive) to single moms who have low income ain't giving back.

And I suppose that him doing "dollar and a dream" tours the last few summers where he goes to major cities and performs for fans for only ONE DOLLAR entrance, essentially losing thousands of dollars on travel expenses, marketing, and venue costs...

Ain't enough right? :lol:

Cmon bro. Show me another rapper as big as him doing concerts for 1 dollar, doing back to back to back shows for hours to make sure as many fans on the streets in line can get in to enjoy.

Do a little research before you make such claims my man, foreals.
He's been giving back much more than most rappers in the entire game, for years.

You forgot about the truly yours series too?

Just because he ain't droppin free styles like Young Thug every week he don't care about the fans? :lol:

^This was last week.

http://m.billboard.com/entry/view/id/149279

He don't care about his fans though.
He should of been spending that time putting out unreleased songs instead of visiting cancer patients.

And I guess dropping a back Friday gift with Kendrick, 2 long *** dope free styles, for free, is being lazy?...

And I guess the fact that he's renting the house he bought (@ 2014 forest hills drive) to single moms who have low income ain't giving back.

And I suppose that him doing "dollar and a dream" tours the last few summers where he goes to major cities and performs for fans for only ONE DOLLAR entrance, essentially losing thousands of dollars on travel expenses, marketing, and venue costs...

Ain't enough right? :lol:

Cmon bro. Show me another rapper as big as him doing concerts for 1 dollar, doing back to back to back shows for hours to make sure as many fans on the streets in line can get in to enjoy.

Do a little research before you make such claims my man, foreals.
He's been giving back much more than most rappers in the entire game, for years.

You forgot about the truly yours series too?

Just because he ain't droppin free styles like Young Thug every week he don't care about the fans? :lol:

That slurpage..

Truly yours came out 2 years ago... Miss me with that.
And cool, he dropped a freestyle, like that's going to change anything. Him and Kendrick told us this project was supposed to come out nearly 5 years ago. That's on some detox type ****.

I never said he doesn't give back. I'm very aware of how he gives back to the community. I mean if he's not writing music, what else would he be doing?

I'm talking more about his music. I use lazy because he has gotten lazier. He will never ever release another project like the warm up or Friday night lights. His story telling and the passion he has on those tapes are incomparable to anything he has came out with "recently." His production has gotten boring. Yeah sure sample some jazz and whatnot into your music, but not every damn song. He's either charging 100k per verse or other rappers don't want him to be featured because frankly when does he hop on others tracks anymore. And don't tell me that Jeremiah feature was "fire ."

There's always somebody who pops up out of nowhere and doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

For what it's worth, 

I attended to Sound Set's Hip Hop festival in April. 

J Cole was the main event there and in the middle of his performance, he gave a shout out to all DAY ONE fans by shouting them out and then proceed to play one of his much older songs. 

Sell out? Nah.  Adapting and improving? Yes. 

Back
Top Bottom