I've been scammed by Dinh Pham/dufflebaggirl/solemj0717

Originally Posted by LeftyJeenyus

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

^Just checked my paypal transactions and I did buy from him on eBay. The phone number on the paypal transaction page is (414) 377-1291

Phone number shows up as Hale's Corner, which is southwest of Milwaukee
nerd.gif

wklmj6.jpg

~Lefty

hunt em down beat em down

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

paypal assured me today they can't just take the money out of my bank account, or anything tied to my paypal account.

they said eventually their outside collection agency would contact me if i didn't pay, and the end result being a strike against my credit.

i highly doubt they'd "garnish my wages" (couldn't anyways, i'm an independent contractor), i'm really curious if it can even go against my credit...

and if it does go against my credit, how bad is that really? i have absolutely no flaws on my credit history... one little $550.00 debt can't be too bad looking, right?

i'm probably not paying this. and i'm probably not gonna pay for a flight to milwaukee to roll up on some dude with all those charges on him... with those type of charges (assault, robbery, resisting arrest, possession of firearm) dude could be "asian mafia" or super thugged out for all i know (it's not like i could bring my heat on the plane with me there anyways)...

but i'm open to any other suggestions...
OP you are right in that they cant just garnish your wages or attach it to your bank account. I work in subprime lending myself, and if it werethat easy to attach to someones bank account and garnish wages, me and my colleagues would all be wiping our butt with $100 bills right now.

As far as credit goes. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE EFFECTS OF ONE COLLECTION ACCOUNT. If you dont care about your credit (since you already got your house, car,etc...) then I guess let it go to collections. Personally, I guard my credit like no other, cause credit = life as far as i'm concerned. Just to give youan example. My girl had a $600 collection from Verizon back from 2001 (which she paid but didnt keep records of the payment). They never removed thatcollection from her credit report. When we first started dating back in 2004 her credit score was BARELY above 600 (she said it used to be 720+). Besidesthat 1 collection, everything else was clean. Since then, her credit has been spotless cause I'm always on her about paying her bills on time and keepingrecords. We have managed to get her credit score up over the last 5+ years, but even now she does not qualify for tier 1 credit. We are currently in escrowto buy our first home, and even though I have 800+ credit, her credit is dragging us down and we have to pay points to get the best rate. Paying points on a$400K loan is FTL. All this because of a stupid $600 collection from 10 yrs ago.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

DJ Proto J wrote:

paypal assured me today they can't just take the money out of my bank account, or anything tied to my paypal account.

they said eventually their outside collection agency would contact me if i didn't pay, and the end result being a strike against my credit.

i highly doubt they'd "garnish my wages" (couldn't anyways, i'm an independent contractor), i'm really curious if it can even go against my credit...

and if it does go against my credit, how bad is that really? i have absolutely no flaws on my credit history... one little $550.00 debt can't be too bad looking, right?

i'm probably not paying this. and i'm probably not gonna pay for a flight to milwaukee to roll up on some dude with all those charges on him... with those type of charges (assault, robbery, resisting arrest, possession of firearm) dude could be "asian mafia" or super thugged out for all i know (it's not like i could bring my heat on the plane with me there anyways)...

OP you are right in that they cant just garnish your wages or attach it to your bank account. I work in subprime lending myself, and if it were that easy to attach to someones bank account and garnish wages, me and my colleagues would all be wiping our butt with $100 bills right now.

As far as credit goes. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE EFFECTS OF ONE COLLECTION ACCOUNT. If you dont care about your credit (since you already got your house, car, etc...) then I guess let it go to collections. Personally, I guard my credit like no other, cause credit = life as far as i'm concerned. Just to give you an example. My girl had a $600 collection from Verizon back from 2001 (which she paid but didnt keep records of the payment). They never removed that collection from her credit report. When we first started dating back in 2004 her credit score was BARELY above 600 (she said it used to be 720+). Besides that 1 collection, everything else was clean. Since then, her credit has been spotless cause I'm always on her about paying her bills on time and keeping records. We have managed to get her credit score up over the last 5+ years, but even now she does not qualify for tier 1 credit. We are currently in escrow to buy our first home, and even though I have 800+ credit, her credit is dragging us down and we have to pay points to get the best rate. Paying points on a $400K loan is FTL. All this because of a stupid $600 collection from 10 yrs ago.

It should have been wiped after 7 years.

Sucks 2 hear that bro. Same thing happened to me not so long ago but I was the buyer not the seller. I won a Jordan viii cdp for only $90 shipped & theseller never sent them.When I filed a dispute on paypal he claimed he sent them already & I was just scamming the system so paypal asked for proof &when he couldnt provide one paypal emailed him to either send them or give me my money back. The seller did send them but when I recieved them it was some oldbeat up shoes
sick.gif
I called up paypal & ebay & asked to look at thesellers past transaction which they did & it showed the seller got 3 negative feedback within a month saying that he/she scammed them. After that Paypaltold me to send the item back & they'll give me my money back & the shipping fee. My small advice for you is to ask paypal or ebay to check his/herpast transactions to see if the buyer tried to scam anyone in the past. In regards to your question if you just ignore that $500 claimed filed on your accountby paypal, it will really mess up your score cuz I remember I failed to pay my Macys Card on time cuz I was on vacation & I thought it was no biggie. Fiveyears later when I was applying for a loan for a car It showed up on my records.

I work in subprime lending myself, and if it were that easy to attach to someones bank account and garnish wages, me and my colleagues would all be wiping our butt with $100 bills right now.

laugh.gif

they filed a chargeback cause when they got the shoes, they weren't DS. they had already been worn by some douche who took pics with them on.

Originally Posted by LeftyJeenyus

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

^Just checked my paypal transactions and I did buy from him on eBay. The phone number on the paypal transaction page is (414) 377-1291

Phone number shows up as Hale's Corner, which is southwest of Milwaukee
nerd.gif

wklmj6.jpg

~Lefty
Doesn't tell the whole story, could mean they signed up for the phone at a store or kiosk in Hales Corner or whatever, but it's a thought.and WTH landline?? My source is telling me it's a t-mobile phone. But whatever someone text that number to find out if its cell or landline.

i called my boy who's the sales manager at our local honda dealership today. he said it would show up as a collection, but would NOT affect my creditscore. if you're already over a 700 (which i am) your score and good history (never had a single blemish, no lates, nothing) supersedes that onecollection, and should never affect me in trying to buy a car or anything like that.

very different story compared to what someone else just said in here...

so i'm still kinda confused on that one...

anyways, what should my next move be? call and ask for "Dinh Pham", since that seems to be the elder?

Originally Posted by Lazy B

You got scammed by this kid:

CTC-4515-image4.jpg

FTR, ALWAYS ask for sig confirmation. I'd rather lose out on a sale because a signature couldn't be provided than get scammed. I don't send anything without it.

is this for real? how'd you find this pic?

OP you are right in that they cant just garnish your wages or attach it to your bank account. I work in subprime lending myself, and if it were that easy to attach to someones bank account and garnish wages, me and my colleagues would all be wiping our butt with $100 bills right now.

As far as credit goes. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE EFFECTS OF ONE COLLECTION ACCOUNT. If you dont care about your credit (since you already got your house, car, etc...) then I guess let it go to collections. Personally, I guard my credit like no other, cause credit = life as far as i'm concerned. Just to give you an example. My girl had a $600 collection from Verizon back from 2001 (which she paid but didnt keep records of the payment). They never removed that collection from her credit report. When we first started dating back in 2004 her credit score was BARELY above 600 (she said it used to be 720+). Besides that 1 collection, everything else was clean. Since then, her credit has been spotless cause I'm always on her about paying her bills on time and keeping records. We have managed to get her credit score up over the last 5+ years, but even now she does not qualify for tier 1 credit. We are currently in escrow to buy our first home, and even though I have 800+ credit, her credit is dragging us down and we have to pay points to get the best rate. Paying points on a $400K loan is FTL. All this because of a stupid $600 collection from 10 yrs ago.

thanx for the advice, but as someone else said, this doesn't add up about your girl. stuff disappears from your credit after 7 years.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

You got scammed by this kid:

CTC-4515-image4.jpg

FTR, ALWAYS ask for sig confirmation. I'd rather lose out on a sale because a signature couldn't be provided than get scammed. I don't send anything without it.

is this for real? how'd you find this pic?
indifferent.gif
This is the Hmong kid from that Clint EastWoodmovie dude
laugh.gif
. It's not the dude who scammed you.

Don't bother fighting with Paypal. They're all mindless robots/thiefs who will not go out of their way to solve a case. They can't attack yourcredit neither. Just get a fresh bank account under someone else name and open up a new paypal account with that . In the future use signature confirmation andmake sure you have some sort of contacts with the buyer before you send your stuff out.

Dinh Pham could be some Vietnamese dude from Orange County, CA who use a fake address in Milwaukee.

^^^ never seen that movie man, had no idea...

if i leave this unpaid, can i just start a new paypal account with a whole different bank account tied to it? or do they pick up on the same name and address?

Call both numbers that you have... whoever it is is probably reading this thread now so it may be ineffective now. Should have done it sooner, never hesitatein this situation, you need to be quick and ruthless.

Dude I totally feel your pain, My friend did a deal exactly the same as you and the guy is claiming that someone stole his credit card and paid for the yeezyand now the baliffs are on his back because paypal want the money back. Lucky for you you transfered the money straight away and the only problem is a negativebalance and the loss of using paypal. To be honest there isn't much you can do, other than what others say by going to his yard. If you have receipts justkeep them as proof that you sent it. Good luck

^^^ never seen that movie man, had no idea...

if i leave this unpaid, can i just start a new paypal account with a whole different bank account tied to it? or do they pick up on the same name and address?
They won't pick it up unless you leave trace that link yourself to the old account. Id said you pay someone to borrow their address and nameso you can make a fresh account. Just don't screw them over though.

thanx for the advice, but as someone else said, this doesn't add up about your girl. stuff disappears from your credit after 7 years.
hahahaha in theory yes. I look at credit bureau reports all day long, and 99% of them are ugly (sub 600 scores). I can't tell you how manytimes I have seen stuff that are well over 7 years old. I'm talking old stuff from like 1994 sometimes. Now whether or not they have any actual bearingon the score I cant say with certainty, cause I will be bluntly honest and say that I dont know the exact methodology in which the bureaus calculate the score. But as far as them still being on the report itself (whether active or inactive) I assure you stuff sticks on there like flies to poop.

tell you what OP. You will get an extra inquiry on your credit, but if you want me to run your credit for you I will do so free of charge. I just need you tosign a credit authorization for me so we keep everything neat and proper.

One last thing. Not that I'm trying to get all high and mighty, cause at the end of the day I just want to try and use what knowlege I have acquired tohelp out the NT family whenever I can... but some of y'all really need to check your facts before you come out callin out others.

If anyone cares to actually read, here is an article explaining why stuff stays on CBR's long after the 7 year statute of limitations.
laugh.gif
Some of yall sound like my customers who think theyre slick when they say"nah I dont need to pay that off, its been there for almost 7 years and in 2 months its gonna come off my record anyway"

http://www.ncs700.com/2009/10/21/negative-items-come-off-my-credit-report-after-7-years-right/

hahahaha in theory yes. I look at credit bureau reports all day long, and 99% of them are ugly (sub 600 scores). I can't tell you how many times I have seen stuff that are well over 7 years old. I'm talking old stuff from like 1994 sometimes. Now whether or not they have any actual bearing on the score I cant say with certainty, cause I will be bluntly honest and say that I dont know the exact methodology in which the bureaus calculate the score. But as far as them still being on the report itself (whether active or inactive) I assure you stuff sticks on there like flies to poop.

tell you what OP. You will get an extra inquiry on your credit, but if you want me to run your credit for you I will do so free of charge. I just need you to sign a credit authorization for me so we keep everything neat and proper.

One last thing. Not that I'm trying to get all high and mighty, cause at the end of the day I just want to try and use what knowlege I have acquired to help out the NT family whenever I can... but some of y'all really need to check your facts before you come out callin out others.

If anyone cares to actually read, here is an article explaining why stuff stays on CBR's long after the 7 year statute of limitations.
laugh.gif
Some of yall sound like my customers who think theyre slick when they say "nah I dont need to pay that off, its been there for almost 7 years and in 2 months its gonna come off my record anyway"

http://www.ncs700.com/2009/10/21/negative-items-come-off-my-credit-report-after-7-years-right/
No longer doing the truck renting business? What happened to that Sisak (sp?) dude?

Back
Top Bottom