ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

This is when he was huge and "respected" in Europe as well, so get out of here with your elitist bs.
laugh.gif
What does that have to do with anything?
laugh.gif
He said Europe has a better scene because they aren't sheep like us stupid Americans
tongue.gif

He said Europe has a better scene because they aren't sheep like us stupid Americans :tongue:

He's right, Europeans aren't sheep. They're more like goats: they have a tendency towards eating the garbage of American pop culture.

SHM was great! first Electro/house/whatever concert of this genre. was dope as hell. turnt up and faded had me feeling good the whole night

Seven Lions production is EPIC... And please don't listen through your laptop speakers. FF to 0:43.

Fasten your seatbelts for this one...It's likely unlike any dubstep you've heard. Protohype is awesome. FF to 1:05

Last edited:
All I'm going to say is if Baauer / Just Blaze are performing in your city you need to go to that show. That show brought me backt o hiphop as much as it had me live from the trap edm.

Show was indescribably one of the best I've been to.

whats hipster approved edm?

and if listening to that is "playing it safe", is listening to SHM and the likes taking risks with your musical taste?

enlighten me.

and why would i want to give a list of music i think sucks?

seems to me youre heated just cuz i voiced my opinion and you dont agree with it.
how about you respond to my reply like i replied to yours instead of throwing a bit ch fit. its called dialogue/conversation/debate.

and residentadvisor is an excellent resource for news, free mixes, reviews, etc. you could also check out xlr8r, factmag, trace a line

and heres a recommendation since you seem to want one from me.
i posted one of their tracks on a previous post, but im just in love with their sound so heres some more

the point was that i listen to everything. there is literally loads and loads of mainstream music so if out of all of that junk you can't find one diamond you like and think the issue might not be the music. i love all genres and an endless list of music. But you're right you're clowning swedish house mafia, I think there stuff is live, catchy, and tons of fun to hear. I'm not upset but once you mention the world real you sound condescending as ****.

why would you give me a list of music that sucks? Exactly. What's the point of ******** on music that you don't like and trying to put a science behind why it is bad. If you told me all the music you don't like we would be here for days. There's a lot of stuff plenty of people don't like. I hate tomatos but I don't go into delis telling people their sandwiches suck.

and that track dude posted i absolutely loved for the record.

the point was that i listen to everything. there is literally loads and loads of mainstream music so if out of all of that junk you can't find one diamond you like and think the issue might not be the music. i love all genres and an endless list of music. But you're right you're clowning swedish house mafia, I think there stuff is live, catchy, and tons of fun to hear. I'm not upset but once you mention the world real you sound condescending as ****.

why would you give me a list of music that sucks? Exactly. What's the point of ******** on music that you don't like and trying to put a science behind why it is bad. If you told me all the music you don't like we would be here for days. There's a lot of stuff plenty of people don't like. I hate tomatos but I don't go into delis telling people their sandwiches suck.

and that track dude posted i absolutely loved for the record.

why do you keep assuming i hate mainstream music? just because i dont like SHM doesnt mean i hate all mainstream music.
ive even provided examples of mainstream artists that i like. so stop with that argument.

sure, i guess some people like the catchy stuff, i get it. but so are justin bieber songs.
and yes there is "real" house music. (ill put real in quotations like i did before, which i did just for arguments like what you made here about being condescending).
let me put it to you this way. SHM is to house music what Soulja Boy is to hip hop.

and when did i try to put a science behind why SHM is bad? its just bad "house" music period. they might make good POP songs maybe.
and to use ur deli analogy, just b/c taste is subjective doesnt mean a bad deli doesnt exist. im sure youve been to a restaurant with a group of people and everyone agreed the food was sub par. music is subjective to a point. some people might like rebecca black's friday b/c its catchy and fun, but that doesnt make the song worthy of any type of accolade.

here are some more examples of what i consider to be "real" house music.

first, a "classic" house sound, even tho this track was released in the 2000s, it captures the vibe/sound of the 90s.
kerri chandler is definitely one of my favorite house producers/djs.

heres a newer cut, by a pretty popular producer i might add. mainstream imo in the house world.

and just for shts, im also into techno, which im sure is even harder to "get" than house is.
techno is definitely something youll have to experience in person on a dark dancefloor with the right vibe in order to appreciate fully. heres a nice cut by ben klock, a resident at berghain, which is pretty much mecca for techno right now.

Seven Lions production is EPIC... And please don't listen through your laptop speakers. FF to 0:43.

Fasten your seatbelts for this one...It's likely unlike any dubstep you've heard. Protohype is awesome. FF to 1:05

i fail to see how either of those tracks are unlike any dubstep ive heard.
sounds just like all the other mainstream/brostep out there. too much emphasis on melodies/vocals and the "filth" (mid range distorted synth),
without much attention to the sub-bass and the percussion which i think should be the focus on a dubstep track.

i fail to see how either of those tracks are unlike any dubstep ive heard.
sounds just like all the other mainstream/brostep out there. too much emphasis on melodies/vocals and the "filth" (mid range distorted synth),
without much attention to the sub-bass and the percussion which i think should be the focus on a dubstep track.
I think you failed to see where that statement was positioned. :wink:

I placed that above the protohype track and that's because it is unlike anything I have ever heard before with the "rock-like" instrumental samples. I love it. And the Seven Lions mix is my favorite type of dubstep. More mainstream but not really dance-y.

Is Benny Benassi real house?

FWIW, I mess with new Benassi material just as much as I do older stuff :lol: . He's the man.

I'll give all genres/sub-genres of EDM (although I cannot get into dubstep whatsoever) a listen, but it's whether I take the time to listen again is another step.

The one thing I don't rock with is the whole "PLUR" movement. It's just silly to me. Straight up silly. Especially guys who partake in it. Girls, it's whatever, it's expected. But the guys? Eh, keep it to the ladies to bathe yourself in neon and "kandi" .

Is Benny Benassi real house?
FWIW, I mess with new Benassi material just as much as I do older stuff
laugh.gif
. He's the man.

I'll give all genres/sub-genres of EDM (although I cannot get into dubstep whatsoever) a listen, but it's whether I take the time to listen again is another step.
I honestly haven't listened to any new Benassi, but his old stuff like "I Love My Sex" is still great to me.

One thing I do agree with is that chill, relaxing dubstep and the newer grimey stuff shouldn't even be in the same category. I do listen to a lot of the new stuff, but I love some real deep beats like this

All I'm going to say is if Baauer / Just Blaze are performing in your city you need to go to that show. That show brought me backt o hiphop as much as it had me live from the trap edm.

Show was indescribably one of the best I've been to.
yeah i just that cat baauer perform out here in SF, man he killed it! show was bananas

Man the phase II lineup for Movment just went out, I was thinking about going this year because I've got a few friends making the trip, as soon as I saw Masters At Work were playing it just locked it in. I've been wanting to see them since about the time I started going to parties 15 years ago, and the rest of the lineup is a who's who of Techno/House djs that I haven't seen in years or missed for one reason or another.

www.movement.us

Man some dudes take music way too damn seriously :smh: Either you like it or you don't, who cares if it's "mainstream" or not? Not gonna lie, I used to be like that with hip hop when I was in high school, but then I grew up and started enjoying life. It's just entertainment

Last edited:
Man some dudes take music way too damn seriously :smh: Either you like it or you don't, who cares if it's "mainstream" or not? Not gonna lie, I used to be like that with hip hop when I was in high school, but then I grew up and started enjoying life. It's just entertainment

it doesnt matter at ALL if its mainstream or not. i dont think anybody disagrees with that in this entire thread.

what does matter to me is the quality. and life is so much better when the things you enjoy have quality.

BTW Ben Klock is KILLING it on boiler room right now. http://boilerroom.tv/live/
techno at its finest!

Back
Top Bottom