ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

late call but I guess I'm going to see SHM in SF on V-Day with some female friends bringing female friends that I can mac on :evil: now I just need to catch up on SHM:lol:

All you really need to know is.

DON'T YOU WORRY DON'T YOU WORRRY CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILD .. SEE HEAVEN'S GOT A PLAN FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

and.

WE'RE GONNA SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD TONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

Loving house music is FN expensive mannnn... on the hunt for 4 GA tickets right now to SHM at Barclays :\

Stubhub is your best bet, but I'm sure it's expensive.

I've chilled out greatly on going to shows for the past few months, because it definitely is expensive. I used to go to Pacha practically every weekend, and was under 21 at the time, so I had no choice but to buy an advanced ticket ranging from $25-35. Plus shows at Roseland, etc, it all adds up.

Last edited:
Loving house music is FN expensive mannnn... on the hunt for 4 GA tickets right now to SHM at Barclays :\

loving crappy, cheesy "house" music played in an ARENA is obviously gonna be expensive.

its like a damn concert, which i dont really understand the appeal of considering its gonna just be 3 douchebags playing crappy music on CDJs,
which may or may not be premixed/recorded to sync with fireworks/lightshows to distract you from all the aforementioned crappy music, and the fact
that you've just been *** raped on ticket price to watch the 3 said douchebags do nothing much other than fist pump after the so called "drop".

just go to a proper party at a club/warehouse/etc. with proper house music. its way cheaper.

loving crappy, cheesy "house" music played in an ARENA is obviously gonna be expensive.

its like a damn concert, which i dont really understand the appeal of considering its gonna just be 3 douchebags playing crappy music on CDJs,
which may or may not be premixed/recorded to sync with fireworks/lightshows to distract you from all the aforementioned crappy music, and the fact
that you've just been *** raped on ticket price to watch the 3 said douchebags do nothing much other than fist pump after the so called "drop".

just go to a proper party at a club/warehouse/etc. with proper house music. its way cheaper.

look whos back.

look whos back.

He does kinda have a point. For instance, this saturday (same day as SHM) you can go to Deep SF at Mighty and listenn to Louie Vega, Marques Wyatt, and J Boogie & Patrick Wilson for 20 bucks. They'll be spinning proper house lall night.

no he doesn't I can't ******g stand hipster ravers. same **** as hip hop elitists and their back pack rappers.

If you want to share music, then go ahead and share it and quit hating.

If something is popular it's automatically not good. :rolleyes

They're a talented group and I've never seen them together live and I would like to so I'll be seeing them.

He does kinda have a point. For instance, this saturday (same day as SHM) you can go to Deep SF at Mighty and listenn to Louie Vega, Marques Wyatt, and J Boogie & Patrick Wilson for 20 bucks. They'll be spinning proper house lall night.

"Proper" house isn't a genre.

no he doesn't I can't ******g stand hipster ravers. same **** as hip hop elitists and their back pack rappers.

If something is popular it's automatically not good. :rolleyes

They're a talented group and I've never seen them together live and I would like to so I'll be seeing them.

hipster ravers? lol ok...im definitley not a "raver" but alright lol

first, youre assuming that i hate SHM b/c theyre popular, when really i dont like them b/c their music sucks, and i hate the culture/scene that surrounds similar artists.
assumptions are generally not a good idea, and usually makes you look like an a ss in the end, so i advise you stop making them in all facets of life.

second, i love plenty of popular artists. the chemical brothers, daft punk, richie hawtin come to mind at the moment.

crappy music is crappy music whether the artist is popular or not. popularity has no bearing on my taste in music.

if you let ur taste in house music grow, which someone who really loves it would eventually do, and do some digging for "real" house music,
you'll understand where im coming from. or not. i dont really care. just speaking my mind.

peace.

Protip if you want to be safe and listen to hipster approved edm.... visit residentadvisor.com and only talk about stuff popular on that page. :rolleyes

I listen to EVERYTHING.

You can respect someone like Niketalker23 because instead of just wasting his breathe on useless hating.... he's sitting there recommending stuff.

You want to give everyone a full list of music you think sucks? Start with country artists, before you hit the electronics. Be sure to separate them by genre and subgenres too. I'll sit here and wait. :rolleyes

If something is popular it's automatically not good.
eyes.gif

grin.gif
 yeah im sure all those poor black kids or dudes making tracks are hipsters, excuse us for not buying into the mass media conglomerate that owns 99% of mainstream EDM.... working in the industry a bit its hilarious how it works, I cant even be near any of this mass promoted, fake, terrible music like Afojack and anything else of that nature. House is about a dark room, a good sub and a baseline, not a bunch of glow sticks and latops, u guys need to check yourself

anyway here is a track im feeling to save this thread by some OG house heads from NYC

Last edited:
grin.gif
 yeah im sure all those poor black kids or dudes making tracks are hipsters, excuse us for not buying into the mass media conglomerate that owns 99% of mainstream EDM.... working in the industry a bit its hilarious how it works, I cant even be near any of this mass promoted, fake, terrible music like Afojack and anything else of that nature. House is about a dark room, a good sub and a baseline, not a bunch of glow sticks and latops, u guys need to check yourself

anyway here is a track im feeling to save this thread by some OG house heads from NYC
Man, shut the **** up
laugh.gif

How can I take you seriously when you spell bassline, "baseline?"
roll.gif

No one is forcing you to listen to "mainstream EDM." You can rock your old school house all day, stop telling other people what to listen to.

I don't think Swedish House Mafia, etc is great music, but you can bet your *** that one of the best nights of my life was when I went to see Avicii last year for my birthday. Too much fun.

That being said, HAPPY FRIDAY, let me just drop this off

Protip if you want to be safe and listen to hipster approved edm.... visit residentadvisor.com and only talk about stuff popular on that page. :rolleyes

I listen to EVERYTHING.

You can respect someone like Niketalker23 because instead of just wasting his breathe on useless hating.... he's sitting there recommending stuff.

You want to give everyone a full list of music you think sucks? Start with country artists, before you hit the electronics. Be sure to separate them by genre and subgenres too. I'll sit here and wait. :rolleyes

whats hipster approved edm?

and if listening to that is "playing it safe", is listening to SHM and the likes taking risks with your musical taste?

enlighten me.

and why would i want to give a list of music i think sucks?

seems to me youre heated just cuz i voiced my opinion and you dont agree with it.
how about you respond to my reply like i replied to yours instead of throwing a bit ch fit. its called dialogue/conversation/debate.

and residentadvisor is an excellent resource for news, free mixes, reviews, etc. you could also check out xlr8r, factmag, trace a line

and heres a recommendation since you seem to want one from me.
i posted one of their tracks on a previous post, but im just in love with their sound so heres some more

Man, shut the **** up :lol:
How can I take you seriously when you spell bassline, "baseline?" :rofl:
No one is forcing you to listen to "mainstream EDM." You can rock your old school house all day, stop telling other people what to listen to.

says the person that posts a tiesto track lol

so a misspelled word is what you got out of everything he said? he makes all those valid points as somebody who obviously has been doing it for a while
and all you can reply with is some superficial sht? youre doing life wrong man lol
and u do realize theres new house music being made right? its not just old school house were "rocking" all day, its just good house music, new or old.

the dude knows what hes talking about. house/techno is about the dancefloor, and nothing else.

i know this is probably the most overused cliche about house music ever, but house is a feeling.

"not everyone understands house music. its a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

What is comes down to is mainstream "EDM" is just an oxymoron of what electronic music has been and always will be. It came about from the undeground, something done for love,about crate digging, about using real anolog controllers. Now mainstream EDM is just pre packaged marketing expermiments made by multi national corps like Live Nation which sell this "authentic" experience of EDM as something other while it is no different than going to a justin beiber concert. beyond that the music is almost irrelveant as dudes like SHM can make anything and with the right look and feel people will buy in. 

At the end of the day it just comes down to your understanding of popular culture and sense of taste in music. While MANY and i mean MANY artist who are "mainstream" do wonderful things and push musical boundaries, think james blake ect ect, most are just premade packages using recycled ideas taking advantage of a misguided drug culture and a lack  mental capacity to interrept what is going on in this world. 

you would think when you go to a rave and are surronded by 14 year olds you would get the point but I guess not. The reason why Europe has such a better "scene" for the most part is Europe is not filled with complacent Sheep like americans are.

Like others said XLR8R,Resident Advisor, Little White Earbuds are all good Electronic websites... I feel the probolem now is that people are trying to hard to prove how authentic their musical taste are though, and genre hoping and hyping whatever is on Xlr8r is pretty common.

Listen to the first 4 minuts of the Intro and try to come back to me... Im waiting..... and dude really post a Tiesto Track?

Did you even listen to the track?
eyes.gif

It's DJ Tiesto before he turned into Tiesto. Real and awesome trance. I added that track specifically so you could bash me for posting a DJ Tiesto track before even taking a listen to it.

This is when he was huge and "respected" in Europe as well, so get out of here with your elitist bs.
laugh.gif

You're typing long paragraphs that no one cares about.

Is Benny Benassi real house?

Last edited:
Did you even listen to the track?
eyes.gif

It's DJ Tiesto before he turned into Tiesto. Real and awesome trance. I added that track specifically so you could bash me for posting a DJ Tiesto track before even taking a listen to it.

This is when he was huge and "respected" in Europe as well, so get out of here with your elitist bs.
laugh.gif

You're typing long paragraphs that no one cares about.

Is Benny Benassi real house?
no benny benassi and "DJ Tiesto" is still all trash

Back
Top Bottom