Is your campus area safe? Mine's not... RIP

Been a rough week in the NYC/LI area already..

First my cousins good friend drowns with 3 of his cousins upstate, now a few kids I know tell me that someone at UA got killed.

When I went to UA to visit my boys last month, we hit up Michaels and it was NOT pretty around there...Especially the walk and waiting back at the bus stop toget back to UA.

No.
Just this week in last couple of days!

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

On Monday, October 20, 2008, at 10:23 p.m., a 19 year old male student was robbed by two men while walking southbound on Brooklyn Ave. N.E. where it intersects the Burke-Gilman trail. The suspects approached the victim from behind and implied they had a gun, but none was seen. The victim was not injured. The suspects fled the area after taking personal belongings from the victim; some of the victim's property was located a short distance away. The victim did the right thing by not struggling with the suspects; no amount of property is worth risking your personal safety.
On Sunday, October 19, 2008, at approximately 1:30 a.m., a 24 year old male student was assaulted by an individual with a folding knife near the intersection of NE 50th and 17th Ave. NE, Seattle. Just prior to the assault the victim and the suspect, who was unknown to the victim, had been arguing.
The victim sustained a stab wound to his leg and was treated at UW Medical Center.
The suspect fled the area prior to the arrival of police.

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

mine has had about 10 robberies/weapon holdups in the past 3 months.
Word!
I walk around late at night sometimes walking to my car coming back from parties or clubs in the U-District and right near these areas!
I always be walking hella fast anyway... now with these last 2 incidents this week
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

ohwell.gif
... i heard about this today... my girlfriend almost didnt wanna go to class tonight because she parks about a block from there.

stupid !*+! man
smh.gif
smh.gif

We have the occasional assault, robbery at gunpoint, or whatever...but I've never heard of anyone getting shot down here. Last year there were about 12armed robberies in the parking lot that I parked my car in...I used to be so nervous going out to my car at night.

It's crazy to think that a campus is no longer a safe place. The sad thing is, it's a lot worse for female students.

im sorry my dude.... but yeah one of the chicks on the swimming team here @ San Jose State got robbed and mugged a couple weeks back after practice. smh atsome of the grimey people out there

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

mine has had about 10 robberies/weapon holdups in the past 3 months.

Word, those 'Warning Notifications of a Criminal Incident' have been filling up my inbox.

yeah i was about to post the u.washington email i got earlier today. Dang im scare walking around u-district late at night now.

R.I.P Damn getting shot in the dome piece on your way home that's F'ed up. Then again no one knows why son was shot, wrong none the less.

Back
Top Bottom