Is Money Even Remotely Close To The Meaning Of Our Lives?

Originally Posted by Beermann2

If money doesn't buy you happiness then you're not shopping in the right place.

These wealthy peeps alway say money isn't everthing. Why? Because they don't want you to come up and they don't want to lose their wealth through competition or other means.

So your saying they tell us these things in order to maintain more consumers?

yup.

Get out there, get that knowledge and get your money and then you could appreciate life even more in your free time. or be that slave boy and buy his product.

Doesn't he own the telephone communication in Mexico?

yup.

Get out there, get that knowledge and get your money and then you could appreciate life even more in your free time. or be that slave boy and buy his product.

Originally Posted by woody2626

My one thing I love to do is go to sporting events, if I have the money and can get in at a decent price, I do it. When you look back when you're 80 you aren't gonna regret spending that money, you're only going to regret not being able to experience it.

Yea it's sometimes an expensive habit but life is about making memories and these are memories that I have for life. Just went to Duke/MSU this past week, spent $135 on a ticket, would do it again in a heartbeat. Because even though the money is gone, those memories are gonna last a life time.

This
pimp.gif

I live for experiences. Whether they are wack or spectacular. I appreciate all of them. Thats why I dont really spend my money on things. I always want to have money to go out and do something.

My one thing I love to do is go to sporting events, if I have the money and can get in at a decent price, I do it. When you look back when you're 80 you aren't gonna regret spending that money, you're only going to regret not being able to experience it.

Yea it's sometimes an expensive habit but life is about making memories and these are memories that I have for life. Just went to Duke/MSU this past week, spent $135 on a ticket, would do it again in a heartbeat. Because even though the money is gone, those memories are gonna last a life time.

This
pimp.gif

I live for experiences. Whether they are wack or spectacular. I appreciate all of them. Thats why I dont really spend my money on things. I always want to have money to go out and do something.

...money comes n goes...it's like the old question...Would you rather have wisdom or money???

...money is material...Knowledge+Love+Life=True Happiness...

...money comes n goes...it's like the old question...Would you rather have wisdom or money???

...money is material...Knowledge+Love+Life=True Happiness...

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

This
pimp.gif

Co-sign. You worded that out perfectly Woody2626.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

This
pimp.gif

Co-sign. You worded that out perfectly Woody2626.

yup.

Yes sir

yup.

Yes sir

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Money isn't everything.  Money doesn't buy happiness, however having it does allow you more options in the happiness you seek.

I can speak for myself, be it monetary or just basic achievements, I am goal driven.  Saving up to buy something feeds it.  Now I try to keep purchases to things that are not necessarily a need, but they are something I will use everyday.

I'm currently saving up for a truck, paying straight cash.
I'm currently saving up for my first house.

Everything else I buy, I buy at discounted prices.  Never was a sucker for retail, only paid above MSRP for shoes a couple of times (True Blue III's, International Release
mad.gif
).

I just want to be comfortable, and you need money to be comfortable.
TROOF.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Money isn't everything.  Money doesn't buy happiness, however having it does allow you more options in the happiness you seek.

I can speak for myself, be it monetary or just basic achievements, I am goal driven.  Saving up to buy something feeds it.  Now I try to keep purchases to things that are not necessarily a need, but they are something I will use everyday.

I'm currently saving up for a truck, paying straight cash.
I'm currently saving up for my first house.

Everything else I buy, I buy at discounted prices.  Never was a sucker for retail, only paid above MSRP for shoes a couple of times (True Blue III's, International Release
mad.gif
).

I just want to be comfortable, and you need money to be comfortable.
TROOF.
pimp.gif

I've never in my life heard someone well off say, "money doesn't buy happiness." It's only us broke folks...

I've never in my life heard someone well off say, "money doesn't buy happiness." It's only us broke folks...

Let me start off by saying I'm family friends with a few very wealthy people (worth 50+ million, MLB player, nfl player, corporate leader), and sometimes I get to ride the success with them and it feels good. 

I watched my boys house one time for about a month (and still do sometimes) while he was away (MLB season) and this house just got appraised at 7+ mil in today's market, 7 rooms 5 bath guesthouse in one of the nicer parts of Los Angeles. The very first time I saw the house I flipped and was almost dumbfounded I was even in a place like that, as time passed and having been there on a regular basis the glamor factor seemed to wear off just like everything else in life. Granted I didn't own the home while I was staying there but I actually got kind of depressed in realizing that I was getting tired of this home when people work their whole entire lives and continue to pursue highly stressful careers just in hopes to have a house like the one I was staying in, it wasn't anything special anymore. It even made me somewhat sick how different people I brought there acted towards me and these people were my friends. 

Saying this my friend who owns the home has problems just like everyone else wether its relationship problems, family problems, bad days. He gets it all just like you and me. Sometimes its even more amplified because of the amount of money he has because people automatically expect more from him. 

Look at it like this, picture the feeling you got when you received something that you've yearned for an extended period of time, something that you had to have (flatscreen tv, car, girl, clothing). Now picture the feeling that you currently have for that object and how different it is then when you first got it. Having taken neurobiology courses its really just a series of chemicals that emit within the brain for a few moments and thats all the object is. What makes anything no matter how colossal be any different? Just because you think its going to make your current life better and fix all your problems? All that changes is an updated current life continuing to fill a cup with a hole at the bottom.

To be truly happy in this world you must be in check with your spiritual life but thats a whole other discussion.

Let me start off by saying I'm family friends with a few very wealthy people (worth 50+ million, MLB player, nfl player, corporate leader), and sometimes I get to ride the success with them and it feels good. 

I watched my boys house one time for about a month (and still do sometimes) while he was away (MLB season) and this house just got appraised at 7+ mil in today's market, 7 rooms 5 bath guesthouse in one of the nicer parts of Los Angeles. The very first time I saw the house I flipped and was almost dumbfounded I was even in a place like that, as time passed and having been there on a regular basis the glamor factor seemed to wear off just like everything else in life. Granted I didn't own the home while I was staying there but I actually got kind of depressed in realizing that I was getting tired of this home when people work their whole entire lives and continue to pursue highly stressful careers just in hopes to have a house like the one I was staying in, it wasn't anything special anymore. It even made me somewhat sick how different people I brought there acted towards me and these people were my friends. 

Saying this my friend who owns the home has problems just like everyone else wether its relationship problems, family problems, bad days. He gets it all just like you and me. Sometimes its even more amplified because of the amount of money he has because people automatically expect more from him. 

Look at it like this, picture the feeling you got when you received something that you've yearned for an extended period of time, something that you had to have (flatscreen tv, car, girl, clothing). Now picture the feeling that you currently have for that object and how different it is then when you first got it. Having taken neurobiology courses its really just a series of chemicals that emit within the brain for a few moments and thats all the object is. What makes anything no matter how colossal be any different? Just because you think its going to make your current life better and fix all your problems? All that changes is an updated current life continuing to fill a cup with a hole at the bottom.

To be truly happy in this world you must be in check with your spiritual life but thats a whole other discussion.

Back
Top Bottom