Is Money Even Remotely Close To The Meaning Of Our Lives?

badham

Banned
Just watching Larry King with Carlos Sim and some of things said has me thinking.

He explianed that the more your get, the more you want and as a end result it does not bring total satisfaction as you continue to want more.  In my life(and others), we always are searching to purchase something we think is so great or nice that sometimes we forget what the real purpose is. Many of us purchase sneakers here and rarely wear them. At one point I bought a pair of 400 shoes that I never wore.

Makes me want to appreciate things more. If the richest man in the world can tell me to learn to appreciate simple things in life, then that is my goal and through a similar mind set, sucessful may follow.

Just watching Larry King with Carlos Sim and some of things said has me thinking.

He explianed that the more your get, the more you want and as a end result it does not bring total satisfaction as you continue to want more.  In my life(and others), we always are searching to purchase something we think is so great or nice that sometimes we forget what the real purpose is. Many of us purchase sneakers here and rarely wear them. At one point I bought a pair of 400 shoes that I never wore.

Makes me want to appreciate things more. If the richest man in the world can tell me to learn to appreciate simple things in life, then that is my goal and through a similar mind set, sucessful may follow.

Money isn't everything.  Money doesn't buy happiness, however having it does allow you more options in the happiness you seek.

I can speak for myself, be it monetary or just basic achievements, I am goal driven.  Saving up to buy something feeds it.  Now I try to keep purchases to things that are not necessarily a need, but they are something I will use everyday.

I'm currently saving up for a truck, paying straight cash.
I'm currently saving up for my first house.

Everything else I buy, I buy at discounted prices.  Never was a sucker for retail, only paid above MSRP for shoes a couple of times (True Blue III's, International Release
mad.gif
).

I just want to be comfortable, and you need money to be comfortable.

Money isn't everything.  Money doesn't buy happiness, however having it does allow you more options in the happiness you seek.

I can speak for myself, be it monetary or just basic achievements, I am goal driven.  Saving up to buy something feeds it.  Now I try to keep purchases to things that are not necessarily a need, but they are something I will use everyday.

I'm currently saving up for a truck, paying straight cash.
I'm currently saving up for my first house.

Everything else I buy, I buy at discounted prices.  Never was a sucker for retail, only paid above MSRP for shoes a couple of times (True Blue III's, International Release
mad.gif
).

I just want to be comfortable, and you need money to be comfortable.

If you ask any of those rich poeple they will tell you.
They more satisfaction from helping people than they do spending it on themselves.
So, no money is not important. But it is fun to have.

They more satisfaction from helping people than they do spending it on themselves.

Originally Posted by JaysRcrak

But don't you think they've reached a point where they finacially own everything they could possibly want?

But don't you think they've reached a point where they finacially own everything they could possibly want?

Originally Posted by Badham

for a lot of people who are extremely well off money isn't a means to acquire additional materialistic things

basically money is a score board for them

Originally Posted by Badham

for a lot of people who are extremely well off money isn't a means to acquire additional materialistic things

basically money is a score board for them

Im young and broke at the moment, so Im not gunna lie to you when I say I feel like money is the meaning of life.

However, of course, thats not the case. Theres a lot more to life than money. Money is a key component in life of course, but even a broke man can love life and be fulfilled.

Im young and broke at the moment, so Im not gunna lie to you when I say I feel like money is the meaning of life.

However, of course, thats not the case. Theres a lot more to life than money. Money is a key component in life of course, but even a broke man can love life and be fulfilled.

My one thing I love to do is go to sporting events, if I have the money and can get in at a decent price, I do it. When you look back when you're 80 you aren't gonna regret spending that money, you're only going to regret not being able to experience it.

Yea it's sometimes an expensive habit but life is about making memories and these are memories that I have for life. Just went to Duke/MSU this past week, spent $135 on a ticket, would do it again in a heartbeat. Because even though the money is gone, those memories are gonna last a life time.

My one thing I love to do is go to sporting events, if I have the money and can get in at a decent price, I do it. When you look back when you're 80 you aren't gonna regret spending that money, you're only going to regret not being able to experience it.

Yea it's sometimes an expensive habit but life is about making memories and these are memories that I have for life. Just went to Duke/MSU this past week, spent $135 on a ticket, would do it again in a heartbeat. Because even though the money is gone, those memories are gonna last a life time.

Money CAN buy ANYTHING. Including family and people.

It just won't buy you the eternal longevity of genuine happiness.

Money CAN buy ANYTHING. Including family and people.

It just won't buy you the eternal longevity of genuine happiness.

If money doesn't buy you happiness then you're not shopping in the right place.

These wealthy peeps alway say money isn't everthing. Why? Because they don't want you to come up and they don't want to lose their wealth through competition or other means.

These wealthy peeps alway say money isn't everthing. Why? Because they don't want you to come up and they don't want to lose their wealth through competition or other means.

Originally Posted by Beermann2

So your saying they tell us these things in order to maintain more consumers?

Back
Top Bottom