IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

Originally Posted by MoonMaster  
Ska what do you know about basketball... Mr. Kobe should have more assists than shot attempts.
Funny how folks love to snicker and giggle at this like some school girls in the bathroom together, but nobody has stopped to point out how every game we have won ever since I said that has been with Kobe's shot attempts closer to his assists than the games we lose. 17 FGA & 13 dimes? We win. 22 FGA & 4 dimes? We lose.

Been happening almost Every. Single. Game.

I wouldn't expect any sort of intelligence observation from you, though. I'll holler at you next time you follow me around to try to make a name for yourself. Keep doing it, pimping.
smokin.gif
I love my fans.
March 8th vs. Toronto: 41 points, 12 assists on 22 shots.

But you won that game because he was chucking.

I said almost every single game; you pointed out a single game to try to disprove what I said happens almost... Almost... And once again, just because it was already missed the first time... ALMOST every single game.

And even THAT game, he didn't even have twice as many FGA as assists, so what I'm talking about doesn't even apply. If he had 33 FGA, I might say something.

Or I might just let you guys say it for me, since it's a bunch of dude in here for who think they can speak for me so well. :lol:

Last edited:
I think people just like to say Top 5 or Top 10... I doubt any of you actually even think about the other players in your imaginary top 5 ...other than Jordan of course.

I think people just like to say Top 5 or Top 10... I doubt any of you actually even think about the other players in your imaginary top 5 ...other than Jordan of course.

That's pretty snooty if you ask me....

Actually it's damn near as presumptuous as you can get.

Let's actually visualize it...not really in order since some put some players in front of others but this is a unanimous top 7

1. Mike
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Wilt
5. Larry
6. Bill
7. Hakeem

Only now can you make an argument for Kobe and I don't really see one:
8. Oscar
9. Shaq
10. Tim Duncan

Who gets kicked off the list for Kobe?

That's pretty snooty if you ask me....

Actually it's damn near as presumptuous as you can get.

It's true. There's so many great players that no one has seen they just go off of folklore and stats and make their top 5/10.

You can say that about every list created by every person including Cartune's right after your post....

If that's the case.. Why the hell are we even discussing this topic about any player that has ever played? Why should anyone care if he's underrated or overrated? Why should we care where anyone is rated?

Because all we can do is go based on folklore.. Making every top 10 list void..

Last edited:
Let's actually visualize it...not really in order since some put some players in front of others but this is a unanimous top 7

1. Mike
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Wilt
5. Larry
6. Bill
7. Hakeem

8. Oscar
9. Shaq
10. Tim Duncan

unanimous?

You could put Kobe ahead of Hakeem, Oscar, Shaq or Duncan. One, two, or all of them. Either way, he's in THAT group somewhere, so how is that overrated?

You can say that about every list created by every person including Cartune's right after your post....

If that's the case.. Why the hell are we even discussing this topic about any player that has ever played? Why should anyone care if he's underrated or overrated? Why should we care where anyone is rated?

Not every list. But every list involving sports players unless you're 99 years old

Not every list. But every list involving sports players unless you're 99 years old

So now we've come to the conclusion... This entire thread was a waste :lol:

Last edited:
Most Field Goal Attempts per year

Season Lg Player FGA Tm
2012-13 NBA Kobe Bryant 1451 LAL
2011-12 NBA Kobe Bryant 1336 LAL (Kevin Durant)
2010-11 NBA Kobe Bryant 1639 LAL
(Kevin Durant)
2009-10 NBA Kevin Durant 1668 OKC Scoring Title
2008-09 NBA Dwyane Wade 1739 MIA Scoring Title
2007-08 NBA Kobe Bryant 1690 LAL (LeBron James)
2006-07 NBA Kobe Bryant 1757 LAL Scoring Title
2005-06 NBA Kobe Bryant 2173 LAL Scoring Title

2004-05 NBA Allen Iverson 1818 PHI Scoring Title
2003-04 NBA Kevin Garnett 1611 MIN (Tracy McGrady)
2002-03 NBA Allen Iverson 1940 PHI (Tracy McGrady)
2001-02 NBA Antoine Walker 1689 BOS (Allen Iverson)
2000-01 NBA Jerry Stackhouse 1927 DET (Allen Iverson)
1999-00 NBA Allen Iverson 1733 PHI (Shaquille O'Neal)
1998-99 NBA Allen Iverson 1056 PHI Scoring Title
[COLOR=#red]1997-98 NBA Michael Jordan* 1893 CHI Scoring Title
1996-97 NBA Michael Jordan* 1892 CHI Scoring Title
1995-96 NBA Michael Jordan* 1850 CHI Scoring Title[/COLOR]
1994-95 NBA Shaquille O'Neal 1594 ORL Scoring Title
1993-94 NBA Hakeem Olajuwon* 1694 HOU (David Robinson)
[COLOR=#red]1992-93 NBA Michael Jordan* 2003 CHI Scoring Title
1991-92 NBA Michael Jordan* 1818 CHI Scoring Title
1990-91 NBA Michael Jordan* 1837 CHI Scoring Title
1989-90 NBA Michael Jordan* 1964 CHI Scoring Title[/COLOR]
1988-89 NBA Alex English* 1881 DEN [COLOR=#red](Michael Jordan)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#red]1987-88 NBA Michael Jordan* 1998 CHI Scoring Title
1986-87 NBA Michael Jordan* 2279 CHI Scoring Title[/COLOR]
1985-86 NBA Dominique Wilkins* 1897 ATL Scoring Title
1984-85 NBA Dominique Wilkins* 1891 ATL (Bernard King)

Kobe has lead the league in chucking 4 out of the last 6 years with no scoring titles in that time span.

Last edited:
You could put Kobe ahead of Hakeem, Oscar, Shaq or Duncan. One, two, or all of them. Either way, he's in THAT group somewhere, so how is that overrated?
The only person Kobe MAYBE nudges off the list is Oscar, but even still probably not.

Why everyone examine Kobe's career detail by detail to discredit him, but put ZERO effort into other players?

Let's talk some fun facts. Kareem had a MONSTER career, top 2-3-4-5ish all time.

Why?

In his 20's he won 1 title and a few MVP's. However, at that time the ABA was in session, not all the best talent was playing in the NBA.
Once he turned 30, he started winning a bunch of titles. Why? Magic and Worthy joined the team. Does he then get penalized like how ya'll do with Kobe?

Bird/Duncan never defended their titles. Never won back to back. Hell, Duncan never even played in back to back Finals, Bird at least did that. One of Duncan's was the lockout year after Phil, Mike and Scottie were broken up, and they faced an 8 seed.

1. Mike
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Wilt
5. Larry
6. Bill
7. Hakeem

8. Oscar
9. Shaq
10. Tim Duncan

:lol:

Hakeem higher than Duncan and Shaq? :lol:

Hakeem was only great for like 3 years, granted he won 2 championships during that time.

Kobe got 2 rings by himself like Hakeem and has been great for more seasons.

Duncan has 4 championships over Hakeem's 2 and he was again great for a longer period of time than Hakeem.

Same with Shaq

I really think Hakeem is overrated....maybe I need to look again but he wasn't a top 3 player in the NBA for a long time. For much of his career Ewing , Shaq and Robinson were considered better

Last edited:
2× NBA Finals MVP (1994–1995)
NBA Most Valuable Player (1994)
2× NBA Defensive Player of the Year (1993–1994)
2x NBA rebounding leader (1989-1990)
3× NBA blocks leader (1990-1991, 1993)
6× All-NBA First Team (1987–1989, 1993–1994, 1997)

vs

2× NBA Finals MVP (2009–2010)
NBA Most Valuable Player (2008)
2× NBA scoring champion (2006–2007)
10× All-NBA First Team (2002–2004, 2006–2012)

I left out All-Star cause it's a popularity contest and championships because that's a team achievement

[quote name="CP"]Why everyone examine Kobe's career detail by detail to discredit him, but put ZERO effort into other players? [/quote]Uummm, because "I don't think he's in the 5-10 range just because I don't think so" is kind of weak. :lol:

The detailed analysis uncomfortable or something? :nerd: someone points out that he has lead the league in FGA a number of times but only has 1 scoring title, you wish stuff like that were just unmentioned? I wish people wouldn't talk about Kidd's FG% throughout his career, but it's valid to bring up.

unanimous?
Yes, among people who acknowledge basketball before June 26, 1996.
Have you ever seen Oscar Robinson play?

Off the top of your head can you name the years he was in the league?

Hakeem is a top 7 player?  Really?  How many years was he the best player in the league?  2?  3?  Was he ever even the best player, "unanimously"?  But he's 7th best ever overall.

And lol at Magic at 2.  I'm surprised you didn't throw Jerry West or Bob Cousy in there.

[quote name="CP"]Why everyone examine Kobe's career detail by detail to discredit him, but put ZERO effort into other players?
Uummm, because "I don't think he's in the 5-10 range just because I don't think so" is kind of weak. :lol:

The detailed analysis uncomfortable or something? :nerd: someone points out that he has lead the league in FGA a number of times but only has 1 scoring title, you wish stuff like that were just unmentioned? I wish people wouldn't talk about Kidd's FG% throughout his career, but it's valid to bring up.[/quote]
2 scoring titles

Back
Top Bottom