IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

You guys wanna give Kobe credit for 4th most points ever but as soon as someone mentions he has the most misses ever y'all wanna talk about "nah nah, its because he played so many playoff game" when it's those same playoff games that are the reason he will have 4th most points ever.

laugh.gif

When we talk about his averages its naw, "his first 2 years he rode the bench, he didn't get any burn to score points", but again mention those most misses in history....

You guys wanna talk about Jordan? How many scoring title does MJ have?

How many does Kobe have?

Oh.
playoff games have nothing to do with this 4th most points ever thing though...

when did anyone say kobe was better than jordan?

oh.

You guys wanna give Kobe credit for 4th most points ever but as soon as someone mentions he has the most misses ever y'all wanna talk about "nah nah, its because he played so many playoff game" when it's those same playoff games that are the reason he will have 4th most points ever.

:lol:

When we talk about his averages its naw, "his first 2 years he rode the bench, he didn't get any burn to score points", but again mention those most misses in history....

You guys wanna talk about Jordan? How many scoring title does MJ have?

How many does Kobe have?

Oh.
playoff games have nothing to do with this 4th most points ever thing though...

when did anyone say kobe was better than jordan?

oh.
You guys were talking about Jordan had more regular season misses than Kobe.

How many scoring titles does Jordan have? How many does Kobe have? At what percentages do they shoot?

YEAH LETS CHANGE THE TOPIC WHEN IM WRONG!

you accuse kobe fans of manipulating the argument to his favor, but you do the same to discredit him.

Last edited:
YEAH LETS CHANGE THE TOPIC WHEN IM WRONG!

you accuse kobe fans of manipulating the argument to his favor, but you do the same to discredit him.
I think quik is actually a diehard kobe fan on a mission to make all kobe haters look bad. I mean no one can be THIS bad at understanding english right? 

Congrats to kobe for passing wilt for 4th all time scoring..he must be doing work to still be playing at this level,RESPECT

Naw man Bill has him top 20 now,

And actually yes I do agree with it. The 2 rings post Shaq where the second best player had a never ever won a playoff game before he played with Kobe can't be denied.

If I was a Kobe a fan I would beat that point into the ground.

Like the only reason I'm in this thread is to go at the dudes that try to put in him top 5 all time, say he's the best player ever and the one's that don't admit he's overrated as far as what he is right now.
i am a laker fan and i think kobe is top 10. based on what you mentioned, am i overrating him?

Overrated? Hell no. For the 10th or 11th time.
Top 5? Arguable.
Top 10? Hell yeah.
INSIDE of the top 10 for sure.

Top 5? Arguable.
Top 10? Hell yeah.
Nailed it.

Kobe is FAR from overrated, and I'm not a huge Kobe fan myself, but I respect his game and his attitude towards the game. We've never seen a player with a extremely high workload and IQ for basketball since Jordan. He's not Jordan, but damn near next to him and we all know MJ isn't overrated either.

Kobe is good money. He will go down as one of the best to ever do it. He's top 3 in my book.

Top 5? Arguable.
Top 10? Hell yeah.
Nailed it.

Kobe is FAR from overrated
, and I'm not a huge Kobe fan myself, but I respect his game and his attitude towards the game. We've never seen a player with a extremely high workload and IQ for basketball since Jordan. He's not Jordan, but damn near next to him and we all know MJ isn't overrated either.

Kobe is good money. He will go down as one of the best to ever do it. He's top 3 in my book.

The irony

Why don't you guys agree to disagree? Too much effort being spent trying to argue a point to a side that refuses to listen.

You think he's overrated? Fine. You think he's the GOAT? Fine. Nothing anyone says will change how you feel about the man.

This thread is almost at a 150 pages and nothing has changed. :lol: I think it's safe to assume that nothing will change.

Thread reminds me of the "2 or 288" math problem thread we had in General a couple years back. :lol: :x

Last edited:
[quote name="ohmygosher"]Why don't you guys agree to disagree?[/quote]"These morons have lost their minds. I must convince them of their LUNACY and convert them to seeing things MYYY way, the logical way."

That's why. Folks on here online in LIFE just take too much pride in the possibility of switching someone to their own way of thinking, and take too much offense to someone thinking the complete opposite of what they think. [quote name="ohmygosher"]You think he's overrated? Fine. You think he's the GOAT? Fine. Nothing anyone says will change how you feel about the man.[/quote]Yyyyep.

Yyyyep.

Nnnnope. :lol:[quote name="ohmygosher"]This thread is almost at a 150 pages and nothing has changed. :lol: I think it's safe to assume that nothing will change.[/quote]Pretty much.

"Well, what the hell, ska? Why have you allowed this thread this whole time if you didn't even think it was going to go anywhere?"

Pretty much to keep critics... or at least help keep critics... from ruining other NBA related threads. When I first saw this thread, my initial thought was "Brilliant. Now we all have a place to tell them to post in if they are incessantly criticizing Kobe in other threads and disrupting the flow of conversation in other threads."

Vince Carter has scored more points than Larry Bird.

Meh.

Lol, right!

The main thing is that nobody is highlighting how long it's taking bryant to do this. Yes, if he plays next season he will pass Mike but Mike didn't take 18 seasons to get those numbers, lol! I would say in about 13 seasons Mike got the bulk of that. This guy bryant is inefficient. It's like some of you praise the guy regardless if he is efficient or not. Just like the rings you try to compare to Mike's. Mike was the Alpha dog for all of his rings n never took an L n all finals mvp's from 91 to 98. Bryant was the alpha dog for 2 rings n won 5 from the 2000's to 2010 with gaps. Those do not compare plus they were not two three peats. All that makes a difference when comparing rings.

Bryant is a really good player just leave it at that n stop comparing him to Mike or like he is somehow eclipsing Mike by taking hella longer to score more points while chucking more than anyone breathing. But yall respect that, smh

Last edited:
Lol, right!

The main thing is that nobody is highlighting how long it's taking bryant to do this. Yes, if he plays next season he will pass Mike but Mike didn't take 18 seasons to get those numbers, lol! I would say in about 13 seasons Mike got the bulk of that. This guy bryant is inefficient. It's like some of you praise the guy regardless if he is efficient or not. Just like the rings you try to compare to Mike's. Mike was the Alpha dog for all of his rings n never took an L n all finals mvp's from 91 to 98. Bryant was the alpha dog for 2 rings n won 5 from the 2000's to 2010 with gaps. Those do not compare plus they were not two three peats. All that makes a difference when comparing rings.

Bryant is a really good player just leave it at that n stop comparing him to Mike or like he is somehow eclipsing Mike by taking hella longer to score more points while chucking more than anyone breathing. But yall respect that, smh

The time factor is irrelevant to me. He didn't start logging major minutes until 1999-00 so the time factor doesn't really say anything to me because his role in his first 3 seasons was different

Vince Carter has scored more points than Larry Bird.

Meh.

Lol, right!

Jordan did his in 24537 shots.

Kobe is 859 to pass with 352 less shots..

If you look at last season the lockout shortened year, he scored 1616 points in 1336 shots.... By that measure he scores 1 point every 1.209 shots.. That's also him shooting 2.7% worse than his career level..

You carry that 1 point for every 1.209 shots over and Kobe scores the go ahead bucket 710 shots from now.

It would take Kobe 358 more shots than Jordan to get to 32,293 and 3rd all-time.... 358 shots if you go to his largest FGA attempt season in the past 5 years, which was last year (23 FGA / game) 358 shots = 15.5 games. We are talking about an extra 16 games worth of shots.

Not really as wide of a gap as you are making it look.

Last edited:
This thread should be locked...hell naw Mamba not overrated. 5 rings gold medal clutch

this was a waste of space...kobe haters need new hobbies bc watching basketball not working out for them

[quote name="MoonMan"]Ska what do you know about basketball... Mr. Kobe should have more assists than shot attempts.

View media item 341317[/quote]Funny how folks love to snicker and giggle at this like some school girls in the bathroom together, but nobody has stopped to realize how every game we have won ever since I said that has been with Kobe's shot attempts closer to his assists than the games we lose. 17 FGA & 13 dimes? We win. 22 FGA & 4 dimes? We lose.

Been happening almost Every. Single. Game.

I wouldn't expect any sort of intelligent observation from you, though, ol' 'piggybacking onto someone else's point' self. I'll holler at you next time you're trying to bust me out. and for what? Just because I'm not a fan of someone you admire? Them feels. :lol: Keep doing it, pimping. :smokin I love my fans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom