IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

:smh:Man you are arguing about OTHER things that I never even brought up in this topic. Dude you are straight up showing how much of a Kobe rider you are by mentioning things I didn't even bring up! :lol: at bringing up "assists" and "ballhogging" as if I EVER mentioned that in this thread.
All i said was kobe has been THE most fortunate player and you got all butt hurt, as usual when someone says something that sounds like it's not giving kobe "enough credit."
Again, YES, players have played with other great players before BUT NOBODY has been fortunate enough where they've played with other GREAT players from OTHER eras. Only YOUR boy kobe has played with the TWO best centers in TWO different eras. That's like if Magic was to play with Kareem and then be "FORTUNATE" enough to play with Shaq as well.
Then you bring up reasons as to why he got to play with these great players as if I give a damn. All i said was he HAS and has been fortunate enough to...end of story.

THIS is the point all these kobe fans seem to always look over and when you bring it up, they think you're just hating. I said it before. Kobe has been THE most fortunate superstar ever. Reason being is there's been 3 different eras where he's had a "Big 4" so to speak. Started off the year he had Eddie Jones, Nick Van Exel and Shaq make the all star team. Moved onto Shaq, Kobe, GP and Malone. Then now he's playing with Dwight, Pau and Nash.
Normally, maybe, if lucky, a player gets a "Big 3-4" ONCE in their career. This dude Kobe has had it happen THREE times!! Is kobe a great player? Yes, but please do not look over the fact that when compared to his peers, he's definitely been WAAAAAY more fortunate.

He may be lucky but he didn't win championhips when he had those big 3-4

Think about it.

Kobe is easily top 10 Greatest of All Time. And can be argued to be number 5
I'm not sure how or why any of you dudes are trying to throw Kobe's name into the Top 5 list.  Kobe is great, no doubt about it but he is highly overrated............highly.  We'll put him in the Top 10 list and that will be about it. 

So he's somewhere between 5 and 10 ALL TIME, in your own words, yet he's overrated? Highly?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So he's somewhere between 5 and 10 ALL TIME, in your own words, yet he's overrated? Highly?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Perception wise, yes Kobe is HIGHLY overrated. 

How exactly is a Top 10 player EVER overrated?

Am confused...

The crazy thing is most of you are ADMITTING that he's Top 10, but he's overrated...

laugh.gif

I'm FAR from a Kobe fan/supporter btw

How exactly is a Top 10 player EVER overrated?

Am confused...

The crazy thing is most of you are ADMITTING that he's Top 10, but he's overrated...

laugh.gif

I'm FAR from a Kobe fan/supporter btw
Talent wise only Kobe is a Top 10 player, that is for sure.  I personally think some of his "accomplishments' are overrated but that's just me. 

Kobe demand trade tarnish his legacy? Really? :smh:

Why would Kobe want to play with a group of players like Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Odom, Vujacic, Chris Mihm, Turiaf, Luke Walton?

No smart player would want to waste their prime years playing with a bunch of scrubs and not going anywhere

I don't care how good you are. Nobody was going to win anything with those scrubs players in 2005-1007 while playing on the West conference

Seriously. If your goal is to win a championship. You're going to play with Kwame Brown, Luke Walton and Smush Parker as your starter? Ask yourself that question

Just like a job or career. If you can't get anywhere with your current job. Are you going to do something different? Or are you going to stuck doing the same thing and not getting anywhere?

So what about his team now? hell for the last 2 seasons???

Its all on beandip to deliver a chip. He has a top 5 PF. and the 2nd best big in the NBA.

Remember kobe said himself "its my team" he better get 100% of the blame if he 3peats again.

Last edited:
Reasonable...

theyre other ridiculous statements being made in this thread as well

wasnt just referring to you...

Beandip isnt top 10.

my list not in order

Wilt
Bill
Duncan
Bird
Magic
Shaq
Jordan
Kareem
Oscar
Bron

:smokin

Last edited:
Wow, reading all the hate on Kobe, lets me know many of you do NOT watch baskeball. NO ONE in NBA history as more milage then Kobe and he is still putting in work on these guys now a days. He CLEARLY gave away the scoring title to KD last year, Kobe is CLEARLY the most criticized basketball player, critics (HATERS), say "he isn't scoring enough" if he is getting many assist, then they say "he is scoring too much" when he tourches teams. Seriously people open your eyes. NO ONE in the league has a better WORK ETHIC, NO ONE in the league is more COMPETITIVE, and I am going to say it right here and RIGHT NOW, NO ONE is closer to the greatest basketball player of all time Michael Jordan, than Kobe. Oh yeah for the lebron lovers, when he loses his atheletic abilites (I will say lebron is the MOST atheletic person in all of sports we have and probably will ever see) he will NOT have what ONLY Jordan and Kobe have the mental science and killer instinct and drive to win. You can quote me on this! Period.

All of what you said is true. The point is that other players who are equally or possibly more talented than Kobe did the same thing and didn't have the fortune of having their wishes granted.
They are looked at as nothing more than selfish, volume scorers who didn't win while Kobe isn't looked at in nearly the same light. At least that's how I see it.

I don't see it. Which star didn't get their wish granted?

When Vince Carter ask to be traded. He got his wish. Same with Tmac. AI. Lebron. etc None of them stay with their first team.

Paul Pierce would have leave eventually had he fail to recruit Ray Allen and KG.

Kobe could have easily sign with the Clippers in 05 or leave in 07.

Again. No star would want to waste their prime playing for nothing. You think MJ would have play with the 84-87 Bulls forever and not get to anywhere? Could you imagine if Pippen never get drafted by the Bulls? MJ could have gone maybe 9-10 years without a ring and eventually would have ask to be traded to a better team.

Paul, Pierce.
Kobe Bryant, is now being compared to Paul, Pierce.
Their games are so similar. I mean, Paul clearly had the same liftt at the rim that Kobe did when they were younger.
Paul was as quick as Kobe was.
Paul had the handles Kobe did all these years.
Paul had the same range from anywhere on the court, surely.
Paul could create his shot from any angle on the floor like Kobe
Paul had the footspeed that Kobe did to guard the likes of a prime AI back in 01 and beyond
Paul was clearly as refined as Kobe was, when they were 21-22-23 and beyond.....
Paul was every bit the passer Kobe was, averaging 5 assists once in his career. Kobe has 8 such seasons, with 2 at 4.9 and he currently is at 5+ this year, which would be his 9th. (this from a career ballhog as he is known around these parts)
Paul was clearly the pure scorer that Kobe was
Pretty much the entire basketball world has Kobe somewhere within the top 5-10 basketball players of all time. But NT, NT thinks of him as nothing more than a more accomplished Grant Hill, Jerry Stackhouse, Vince Carter, T-Mac, AI, Paul Pierce, Carmelo, D-Wade, dime a dozen type perimeter players. :lol: :lol:
Magic spent his ENTIRE career with KAJ + Worthy. 2 other HOFers. As well as a HOF coach for the majority of that run.
However
NT wants to discredit Kobe for playing 6 seasons with Shaq, and 5-6+ with Pau. (I don't include the first two seasons Kobe sat on the bench in 97/98)
Everyone gives Magic the credit as a top 3-5 all time player, but people are in here calling Kobe Paul ******g Pierce when Kobe is actually right in the discussion as Greatest Laker of all Time.
After this season and next, Kobe is going to be in the neighborhood of 33,000 points (3rd all time) 6,800 rebounds, 6,000 assists, 1,700 3's, 1,800 steals, and averages of 25.5, 5.3 and 4.7 with a steal and a half a game on top of being the all time leading playoff scorer, with around 6K points, and about 1,100 rebounds and assists each, in fact he could finish his career in the top 5 ALL TIME in playoff assists, behind Magic, Stockton, Nash, and maybe Kidd (whom he could surpass) :lol:
So yeah, Paul Pierce tho. Same game. :rolleyes

lol at the sarcasm

Last edited:
I don't think Kobe is overrated.  His body of work speaks to that fact, its hard not to put him in the top 5 when his career is over with.

I guess people don't WATCH the mamba put in work every night
mean.gif
If by "work" you mean watching Kobe walk off the court before the game is over leaving his team out there in disgust just a few days ago then yeah champ, I and others have watched Kobe put in "work".

Back
Top Bottom