Iron Man 3 (Movie Thread)-05/03/13 - New Trailer pg12 - Suits on Suits on Suits

One thing I learned from Nolan's trilogy is that you can make a great comic book movie even if it's not entirely accurate. I haven't been keeping up with this thread so I was a bit surprised when it was called the iron patriot and not some random suit like we all thought before. If Stark is the one who wears it, then so be it. I just want an enjoyable film.

Iron Patriot = Painted War Machine suit and it'll still be worn by Rhodes.

That's old news. People already discovered during the first trailer and set of photos that the suit says "James Rhodes" on the left side of his chest.

Ugh, looks like Extremis will only be used as a virus to make Guy Pearce's character superhuman strength, he just looks disfigured from the Lego toys. Looks like there won't be an Extremis suit, just a deep space suit which will likely just be a teaser for after the credits.

Ugh, looks like Extremis will only be used as a virus to make Guy Pearce's character superhuman strength, he just looks disfigured from the Lego toys. Looks like there won't be an Extremis suit, just a deep space suit which will likely just be a teaser for after the credits.
If this is true...That is pretty disappointing.

I have a feeling they'll tweak the extremis armor into just a 2.0 version of the last armor in the Avengers........ which actually makes it not Extremis at all, but hopefully you get what I'm trying to say

I have a feeling they'll tweak the extremis armor into just a 2.0 version of the last armor in the Avengers........ which actually makes it not Extremis at all, but hopefully you get what I'm trying to say

I got what you're saying but yah it'll be very disappointing considering I really wanted to see the nano-tech Extremis suit from from within his bones. But like I suspected earlier when I doubted they would do it, it just means it's a point of no return once they got Extremis with the suit, it's just too cool and the epitome of his suits (in my opinion at least).

Mandarin be stylin!
I've seen an expanded version of this pic by like 100 pixels on the bottom and sides, and theres a Capt America helmet to his right by his elbow and Iron Man's helmet at his feet 
nerd.gif

but I'm not sure if its real or not. Will search for it again

EDIT: ya I can't find it

EDIT AGAIN: Found it

Last edited by a moderator:
Deep Space & Hulkbuster Suit Concept Arts
So if there is a Hulk Buster armor...Does that mean that Hulk could be in this film?? Also, I can't wait to see how the story leads Iron Man into space. After reading Nova #1 last week and the re-release of Guardians of the Galaxy...I'm juiced.

Mandarin be stylin!

I've seen an expanded version of this pic by like 100 pixels on the bottom and sides, and theres a Capt America helmet to his right by his elbow and Iron Man's helmet at his feet 
nerd.gif

but I'm not sure if its real or not. Will search for it again

EDIT: ya I can't find it

EDIT AGAIN: Found it

He did have that Capt. America Shield tattoo on his neck, remember.

Deep Space
So if there is a Hulk Buster armor...Does that mean that Hulk could be in this film?? Also, I can't wait to see how the story leads Iron Man into space. After reading Nova #1 last week and the re-release of Guardians of the Galaxy...I'm juiced.

Likely not in this film but it's been rumored that Phase 3 involves Planet Hulk story line and in his return to Earth would require a Hulkbuster.

The Hulkbuster doesn't even make sense, why does it have a hunchback? The suit looks like it is suppose to be worn by the Hulk himself but that isn't what the suit is for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom