Iron Man 3 (Movie Thread)-05/03/13 - New Trailer pg12 - Suits on Suits on Suits

Spoilers for the Avengers 2 film?

They have 4 toys and 3 of them we have seen, Gold IM, War Machine and Iron Patriot:

But then there is a 4th toy: the Deep Space Suit. The other 3 suits are in film so the 4th might be his final suit instead of an extremis one? It might lead to a Guardians of Galaxy cameo or possibly a space exploration at the end credits where he encoutners Thanos? Interesting to say the least.

Maybe the Guardians of the Galaxy will make the cameo in IM3?

Now, in an interview with EW, Robert Downey Jr. was asked about potential cameos in Iron Man 3 and he said this:

"Everywhere you look now in every Marvel movie there are opportunities where certain new pals of his (Tony's) could be useful. So they’re in the atmosphere, so to speak, but I wouldn’t expect to see them on the ground in this one."

That Deep Space suit looks nice. I would love to see IM3 incorporate The Guardians of the Galaxy, along with other Marvel characters that we'll hopefully see in the near future.

I wonder if the S.H.I.E.L.D. tv-show will tie in with the upcoming films. I hope so.

Well Gardians of the Galaxy film this summer, so I hope they incorporate it into this movie to give casual fans who dont know, a chance to see them before the movie next year.

so a dude i kno (asian) posted on fb his displeasure about how mandarin was white. a quick check showed mandarin to be of chinese and english descent. anyone else find it offensive they have a white guy playing this character?

not sure how to think about this..

so a dude i kno (asian) posted on fb his displeasure about how mandarin was white. a quick check showed mandarin to be of chinese and english descent. anyone else find it offensive they have a white guy playing this character?

Um you're reaching.
Ben Kingsley played a very famous Indian historical figure (Ghandi) - and won an oscar for it. If there is any man out there who with enough credibility as an actor to portray a foreign person, it's Ben Kingsley

EDIT:
He's also not white. Kingsley was born Krishna Pandit Bhanji in Snainton, North Riding of Yorkshire, near Scarborough, the son of Anna Lyna Mary (née Goodman), an actor and model, and Rahimtulla Harji Bhanji, a medical doctor.[2]

Last edited:
Code:

I can understand people being upset or whatever but DAMN can people just sit back and enjoy a movie without getting up in arms about something that's really not THAT serious

Well..i'd normally agree but lol his name is MANDARIN! That'd be like allowing a non-of that ethnicity guy to play the SWAHILI, or the HINDI, or something. Just seems wrong. Should of let Han from Fast and Furious hit the roids, get swoll and give it a shot.

Well..i'd normally agree but lol his name is MANDARIN! That'd be like allowing a non-of that ethnicity guy to play the SWAHILI, or the HINDI, or something. Just seems wrong. Should of let Han from Fast and Furious hit the roids, get swoll and give it a shot.
So, you're saying you'd prefer a mediocre actor in Sung Kang (Han) than a Oscar-award winning actor in Ben Kingsley? Cool, man.

My thoughts on the trailer...I really wish there was a longer trailer. And a side note, I wish there was a Wolverine trailer =(

Idris Elba played a Norse god in Thor...it's not that big of a deal...these movies aren't supposed to be exact interpretations of the comics.

Idris Elba played a Norse god in Thor...it's not that big of a deal...these movies aren't supposed to be exact interpretations of the comics.

apples to oranges. The gods arent actually norse, theyre aliens.

Mandarin is actually human

So they're really gonna call that suit the Iron Patriot? If only Marvel had the rights to all it's characters. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom