Investment Bankers or Anyone In the Field....

I hear there is some serious money in this field.
Anyone care to shed some more light if they are in the business or know someone who is? 
nerd.gif

I hear there is some serious money in this field.
Anyone care to shed some more light if they are in the business or know someone who is? 
nerd.gif

Yeah, one of the most important lessons in Investment Banking taught me that 15 minutes can save you 15% or more on car insurance by switching to Geico.

Yeah, one of the most important lessons in Investment Banking taught me that 15 minutes can save you 15% or more on car insurance by switching to Geico.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Is money your only motivation?

No, not really. I mean I by all means wish to be successful, but I've read into the occupation and it seems like I would be a decent fit overall.
I'm in the midst of getting a finance degree, but I know I would need an MBA.

No, not really. I mean I by all means wish to be successful, but I've read into the occupation and it seems like I would be a decent fit overall.

Originally Posted by CampbellSoup

If by perfect fit you mean spending 80 hours a week doing spread sheets and typing prospectuses than yes.  You don't need an MBA though, a BBA will suffice for lower level banking.  Eventually you may have to go back to school though.

If by perfect fit you mean spending 80 hours a week doing spread sheets and typing prospectuses than yes.  You don't need an MBA though, a BBA will suffice for lower level banking.  Eventually you may have to go back to school though.

Originally Posted by DB WEST

I know the hours can be long, but there are rewards and bonuses to be had. Do you know someone in the field?

I know the hours can be long, but there are rewards and bonuses to be had. Do you know someone in the field?

Yes but how will this help yo?

Yes but how will this help yo?

Yes lots of money but lots of hours.
Some of the dudes at the firm I work at are there day and night.

Yes lots of money but lots of hours.
Some of the dudes at the firm I work at are there day and night.

Yeah, I have a few relatives/family friends in the field.  Also, a few of the people I know in my student organizations have received full-time offers.  I'm only an undergrad myself though.  Make sure you research into different finance positions though, there are a few different options that will give you a better work/life balance like sales or trading which I've been thinking about pursuiting.

Yeah, I have a few relatives/family friends in the field.  Also, a few of the people I know in my student organizations have received full-time offers.  I'm only an undergrad myself though.  Make sure you research into different finance positions though, there are a few different options that will give you a better work/life balance like sales or trading which I've been thinking about pursuiting.

I am still an undergrad as well, but keep in contact with me. I'm still trying to determine which way to head in the finance world. I appreciate the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom