Investment Bankers or Anyone In the Field....

northwestern ug. poli sci and econ. 3.6-3.7 gpa.. can't remember

i'm in energy at a bb.

i got into booth and a few other schools for mba, but decided against it and am doing the cfa route instead. my reason for this was generally people get their mbas to network again. that being said however, i have a pretty deep network and saw no reason to do it. also, some of you asked why i'm an associate and not in p/e hedgies... most people that go into ib wanna jump out to the buyside later, but for some reason, my goal was to be an md (corny...) and until i see my chances for advancing within my bank decline, i plan on sticking with that goal.

a lot of you have mentioned the 100+ week of work. yes its true, but as with a lot of things, you have to make sacrafices. your social life will detriorate... but for me, i enjoy finance so much it's a mere afterthought most of the time.

if you want to learn more about ib, read the book monkey business. there are exaggerations in the book, but you'll be able to discern the real from fake...

for you undergrads, generally accepted minimums are 3.5+ gpa and top 30 university. there are always exceptions to this however such as 3.3 gpa, but athelete, or 3.4 gpa but you sit on the board of a non profit, etc. you just have to show them that you're committed through your resume.

continue to fire away, i'll look at this tonight

Back
Top Bottom