Introducing NikeTalk Mobile

tumblr_m67jxdE9I81rzc373o2_500.jpg

now i can do something at work other than work haha

:nthat:

now people can stop crying about this whole mobile thing as if it was so hard to use NT on the iphone
eyes.gif

im still waiting on the NT new era tho... id take that over a mobile site anyday of the week and im sure others agree with me.
Just because other people would agree with me, doesn't make you right.

What benefits more members... a hat which a few hundred members would buy? Or a mobile site that would benefit all NTers who have smartphones and want to browse on their phones?

One is a cool piece of apparel and the other is a sorely needed addition to an internet forum. It's not impossible to browse NT on a phone, I've done it for years. But if there's a way to make it better and easier, then that's far more important than some hat.

this site has improved so much over the past 4 months, safe to say ill be here for another 4 years

The NEW NT is exceeding expectations!
Been here for about 4/5 years now.
Love this place even more then I did when I first encountered this back in 07'!

Looks dope. I'm anticipating making a homescreen icon for NT after all these years.

Great news, thanks! It is amazing to see this site grow since Day 1 and I can only imagine where it will go from here.

Is there a specific reason for this? What other factors help determine how much revenue NT generates?
There are plenty of factors, but to simplify: 

1.  It's flat out more expensive to run the site here.  That's to be expected.  A Bentley costs more to maintain than a bicycle.

2.  We're missing certain types of ads that used to generate a substantial amount of money.  For example, Yuku used to run viglink code on the front page that would automatically affiliatize certain keywords, including the word "Nike" on the front page in the forum descriptions.  While lucrative, it's tacky as hell and that stuff was running without our consent.  

The goal is to eventually make up the difference through quality.  The GMP contest we ran in July is an example of something we can do that provides a benefit to the end user while, at the same time, helps us raise extra money for charity.  I'm hoping that the new mobile site will also help, if not by increasing page views and content then by giving users one less reason to run ad blockers, etc.  Otherwise, mobile's a bit of a loss leader in that you're running lower end ad units there than you are on the desktop client.  

Honestly, I'm not sure how exactly mobile will impact our revenue.  It could wind up costing us money, honestly, if it means that a larger share of views goes to a format which yields less per page.  

Ultimately, if we don't have happy, engaged users then everything else is moot.  The health of the community is what matters most.  Without that, NikeTalk is.... well.... SneakerTalk. 
With all the recent improvements for NT.....any chance you guys can develop something to help the Wizards get that first W?
Funny you mention it...  

This is still very much in the conceptual stage, but the crew over in R&D have been devising something that, if properly equipped, would theoretically enable Wizards' owner Ted Leonsis to fire Ernie Grunfeld.  They're called testicles[emoji]8482[/emoji].  

We're hoping that, through a sustained program of gene therapy and humiliating losses, the subject could eventually grow a pair, but, as the season wears on, we fear a transplant may be our only option. 

Potential donors are urged to contact 301-NBA-DUNK.  
I suggest a niketalk shirt 
Been there, done that.
Would give kudos, but I can't even do that from this remedial piece of junk.
You can do that on the new mobile site, too. 

Back
Top Bottom