Internet giants seriously considering 'nuclear option' to stop SOPA

Originally Posted by theDEEK

Some of my favorite streaming sites like the wire and the hub even took part in the protest. They only did a google though by blacking out the logo and leaving the goods open though.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
this. i was on tblop like 
eek.gif

In all honesty, the fact that it came down to this shows how screwed we are. Just imagine how many other bills already passed that went unprotested and unchallenged. That they even considered it is far too much of a problem. Hopefully some kids out there got inspired by this to want to participate in our legal system tI curb these sorts of abuses. This was an incredibly important day in American history.

The sad thing is that we're all on this site and supporting Nike with thousands of dollars a year - while they're one of the few companies supporting SOPA.
30t6p3b.gif

The number of pages on this thread and little movement from FB friends(2,600+) goes to show how ignorant and careless our humanity is.

Originally Posted by Fully Calibrated

The number of pages on this thread and little movement from FB friends(2,600+) goes to show how ignorant and careless our humanity is.

I signed the petition and watched the videos and educated myself but i don't really know what to believe I think that is the problem.  People are saying "it will be vetoed" "the bill is being reworked to clearly state what it can and can't do" and then there are people saying "the internet as we know it will change forever" "this will pass and we will all be screwed and going to jail for 5 years for posting a tweet to pirated music"

Just the extreme's that people have been talking in about this bill has really put me in the middle.  I like to think i am not too careless.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

In all honesty, the fact that it came down to this shows how screwed we are. Just imagine how many other bills already passed that went unprotested and unchallenged. That they even considered it is far too much of a problem. Hopefully some kids out there got inspired by this to want to participate in our legal system tI curb these sorts of abuses. This was an incredibly important day in American history.
You're right man. It's pretty sad that the 1st non-internet awareness I had about this was today in the Houston Chronicle. I saw nothing on tv addressing it, and
with the amount of people on tv who get a lot of their press from the internet, that's pretty telling.

[table][tr][td]
off_line.gif
sillyputty[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 01/19/121:55 AM
[/td][td]
4+ Million signed Google's Petition

I'm honestly not impressed by that number.
[/td][/tr][/table]

That's it????
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Felt good writing to one of my main representatives though.

Back
Top Bottom