In the past year, how many times have you thought about suicide?

People saying suicide is a move of a coward, but your logic doesn't add up

We are all going to die eventually, all you are doing by not committing suicide is postponing the inevitable

It's not cowardly, please designate a better term that accurately fits the situation

We are all going to die eventually, all you are doing by not committing suicide is postponing the inevitable

It's not cowardly, please designate a better term that accurately fits the situation

Originally Posted by glasses

I think its a move a coward because you're not brave enough to take on the situation/challenge/task the next day.
lol tough times here, in america, aint nothing compared to people over seas or down in south america.. 

and your second point.. what would be the reason for living anyway then ?

what would be a good reason for suicide?

I think its a move a coward because you're not brave enough to take on the situation/challenge/task the next day.
lol tough times here, in america, aint nothing compared to people over seas or down in south america.. 

Originally Posted by supahoopa

People naturally lack the ability to look at something from another person's perspective. Depression is pathologic, and suicidal thoughts come with severe depression.

Reasons people commit suicide
1. pathological depression....may have no discernable reason for feeling that low. Sometimes it has to do with chemical imbalances

2. Life stressors: losing job, wife, everything....basically taking one L after another and feeling like there's no point in continuing. People are different, some people are naturally better fit to deal with emotional stress than others. I happen to be one of them, no matter how bad things get I just kinda brush it off.

People don't take their life because they get up in the morning and have an epiphany that they "feel like it".  

It is easy to sit there and judge and call someone a coward if you're not in their shoes.

People naturally lack the ability to look at something from another person's perspective. Depression is pathologic, and suicidal thoughts come with severe depression.

1. pathological depression....may have no discernable reason for feeling that low. Sometimes it has to do with chemical imbalances

2. Life stressors: losing job, wife, everything....basically taking one L after another and feeling like there's no point in continuing. People are different, some people are naturally better fit to deal with emotional stress than others. I happen to be one of them, no matter how bad things get I just kinda brush it off.

People don't take their life because they get up in the morning and have an epiphany that they "feel like it".  

It is easy to sit there and judge and call someone a coward if you're not in their shoes.

Originally Posted by NjCollector

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by I am StewRat

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I think about it a lot. Life has been hard this year, but something keeps me going. Maybe it's the pursuit of happiness which I have yet to obtain. Maybe it's love.

Maybe I'm too much of a coward to take the coward's route. IDK.

What about you?
too many times

to all you immature people who are making jokes about suicide, understand its not like people are just offing themselves because they feel sad. its a constant feeling of hopelessness (that the feelings will improve), loneliness (it's hard to tell someone how youre feeling, esp. when youre feeling suicidal), helplessness (people you love seeing you so down makes you feel even worse)   there are good times and there are bad times, but when the good is outweighed by the bad you start questioning what the hell you're even doing here........
ohwell.gif

its just unbearable sometimes

I could not have said it better.
Damn yall, if you in NJ i{ll treat you to a good time, grinding on bishes haha. No reason to contemplate this, at a young age bro. Not to put it in your face or anything, but my life is great and anyone who is negative i automatically ignore or stop associating with him-her. Go to workout or join a boxing dojo, helps alot with stress and keeps you in shape, having nothing to llose but $.

It isn't like I'm saying that life is awful, woe is me, blah blah blah, but at certain times the pressure on a person can get to them. This is what I'm assuming the other poster meant when he said "the good outweighs the bad." It's just thoughts, not action. Also, it isn't so much when you're around other people as when you're alone. At least in my opinion this stuff is true, but it's probably different for everyone.

Originally Posted by NjCollector

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by I am StewRat

I think about it a lot. Life has been hard this year, but something keeps me going. Maybe it's the pursuit of happiness which I have yet to obtain. Maybe it's love.

What about you?
too many times

to all you immature people who are making jokes about suicide, understand its not like people are just offing themselves because they feel sad. its a constant feeling of hopelessness (that the feelings will improve), loneliness (it's hard to tell someone how youre feeling, esp. when youre feeling suicidal), helplessness (people you love seeing you so down makes you feel even worse)   there are good times and there are bad times, but when the good is outweighed by the bad you start questioning what the hell you're even doing here........
ohwell.gif

its just unbearable sometimes

I could not have said it better.
Damn yall, if you in NJ i{ll treat you to a good time, grinding on bishes haha. No reason to contemplate this, at a young age bro. Not to put it in your face or anything, but my life is great and anyone who is negative i automatically ignore or stop associating with him-her. Go to workout or join a boxing dojo, helps alot with stress and keeps you in shape, having nothing to llose but $.

It isn't like I'm saying that life is awful, woe is me, blah blah blah, but at certain times the pressure on a person can get to them. This is what I'm assuming the other poster meant when he said "the good outweighs the bad." It's just thoughts, not action. Also, it isn't so much when you're around other people as when you're alone. At least in my opinion this stuff is true, but it's probably different for everyone.

I've been @*$#+#! up in school and might not graduate. Once I found that out it really messed with me. 

I've been @*$#+#! up in school and might not graduate. Once I found that out it really messed with me. 

What about you?
dont talk about it...be about it OP

stop bein a sissy n be "bout that life"

What about you?
dont talk about it...be about it OP

stop bein a sissy n be "bout that life"

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Word.
I've never gone to a doctor but i honestly believe I suffer from some form of depression caused by a chemical imbalance.  My life is great and I appreciate everyone in it, but I can trace my suicidal thoughts back to when i was 8 years old (i'm 20 now).  At a age that young i would think having that feeling of wanting to kill yourself has to involve some type of imbalance because there were no outside factors goin on at that time that could have caused such feelings.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Word.
I've never gone to a doctor but i honestly believe I suffer from some form of depression caused by a chemical imbalance.  My life is great and I appreciate everyone in it, but I can trace my suicidal thoughts back to when i was 8 years old (i'm 20 now).  At a age that young i would think having that feeling of wanting to kill yourself has to involve some type of imbalance because there were no outside factors goin on at that time that could have caused such feelings.

diagnosed with dysthymic depression a year + a half ago

it's a form of clinical depression, but instead of having really bad lows some of the time

i'm down most of the time, but when i'm not, life couldn't be sweeter

it's like a yo-yo

Back
Top Bottom