In the frat pledging process, what if you REFUSE to do some of the things they ask? What happens?

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Originally Posted by iAllan

My friend depledged Skulls and had to shave his head because they played "the waffle" and he lost and refused to eat the waffle afterwards.

Some frats are just more lenient than others, it all depends.

*Looks up "The Waffle"*

I've been dying to use that gif

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

^ search waffle game on urban dictionary
294q5q0.jpg

Your friend is gay.

roll.gif

In most cases if you refuse, you don't continue. But you also have to think about the scenario; what if you're asked to do something illegal? Some fraternities will test your judgment and not always the 'down' factor. You can get any hoodlum to pledge, but you got to find a bro to cross.

In most cases if you refuse, you don't continue. But you also have to think about the scenario; what if you're asked to do something illegal? Some fraternities will test your judgment and not always the 'down' factor. You can get any hoodlum to pledge, but you got to find a bro to cross.

A lot of dudes don't really understand that the pledging process is one of the best parts. Sure it sucks at times but you become much closer with all your brothers and you also learn about yourself. And some frats do gay *#+%, mine isn't one of them. No elephant game or cookie or biscuit or any of that gay *#+%. We came to get *%#$$ not +%%!

I'd say pledgeship was very much worth it because
A. living in the frat is 2k cheaper per semester than any dorms
B. On a wed/thurs/fri/sat, I don't need to leave my house because hundreds of girls come there + private property, havent had a party broken up
C. everyone in your frat is one of your best friends
D. NETWORKING
E. sorority girls > _________

And now that my pledgeship is over, the perks are very much worth every minute of pledgeship
pimp.gif

A lot of dudes don't really understand that the pledging process is one of the best parts. Sure it sucks at times but you become much closer with all your brothers and you also learn about yourself. And some frats do gay *#+%, mine isn't one of them. No elephant game or cookie or biscuit or any of that gay *#+%. We came to get *%#$$ not +%%!

B. On a wed/thurs/fri/sat, I don't need to leave my house because hundreds of girls come there + private property, havent had a party broken up
D. NETWORKING

And now that my pledgeship is over, the perks are very much worth every minute of pledgeship
pimp.gif

Frats are cool, but they're not really worth it all that much if you live at home and none of your friends went away to school. Some of the stuff in the pledge process sounds fun as hell, though, like having to steal diplomatic license plates and popular street signs.

Frats are cool, but they're not really worth it all that much if you live at home and none of your friends went away to school. Some of the stuff in the pledge process sounds fun as hell, though, like having to steal diplomatic license plates and popular street signs.

I'm not from the States so can someone explain to me the benefits of joining a frat? And do people that join have to be academically superior to be able to join?

I'm not from the States so can someone explain to me the benefits of joining a frat? And do people that join have to be academically superior to be able to join?

Originally Posted by HKM206

A lot of dudes don't really understand that the pledging process is one of the best parts. Sure it sucks at times but you become much closer with all your brothers and you also learn about yourself.

D. NETWORKING

And now that my pledge ship is over, the perks are very much worth every minute of pledge ship
pimp.gif
Maybe some of that is true, but  i cant fully support that. I get that when you're pledging with your LBs' and you get hazed up its to bring you closer with them (just like basic training) I get that there are benefits where someone can give you career opportunities, get you a foot in the door, ect. I get that you always have those set amount of girls that only mess with frat dudes and girls flock to frat dudes as well because you have the popularity factor too.

BUT you are forced to call and rely on your "brothers" and you haven't even qualified them as real friends yet. Your LB could be the biggest a-hole on the planet and he'll always come to you for help, a ride, ect. You also have the fact that while you are on line,  you are a slave to another person. Granted its for the higher purpose, but still eff that, i wont ever sacrifice my integrity to be apart of an organization that has deviated so far from the original purpose its laughable. I know all of these frats ask you to do something humiliating. If that wasn't enough, you also have to drop some guap, not much but it doesnt help convince one to join either.

I don't hate frats, its just that i dont like it when peeps try to defend frats like they have a higher purpose other than get you loose-cheek-high-mileage-box and popularity. Call it what it is, but don't disguise it. With that being said, if you really want the benefits then hope one of your friends joins a frat because then you get ALL of the benefits without any sacrifice. I'm a prime example.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

^ again, it depends on which frat you join. different frats, different standards.

Originally Posted by HKM206

A lot of dudes don't really understand that the pledging process is one of the best parts. Sure it sucks at times but you become much closer with all your brothers and you also learn about yourself.

D. NETWORKING

And now that my pledge ship is over, the perks are very much worth every minute of pledge ship
pimp.gif
Maybe some of that is true, but  i cant fully support that. I get that when you're pledging with your LBs' and you get hazed up its to bring you closer with them (just like basic training) I get that there are benefits where someone can give you career opportunities, get you a foot in the door, ect. I get that you always have those set amount of girls that only mess with frat dudes and girls flock to frat dudes as well because you have the popularity factor too.

BUT you are forced to call and rely on your "brothers" and you haven't even qualified them as real friends yet. Your LB could be the biggest a-hole on the planet and he'll always come to you for help, a ride, ect. You also have the fact that while you are on line,  you are a slave to another person. Granted its for the higher purpose, but still eff that, i wont ever sacrifice my integrity to be apart of an organization that has deviated so far from the original purpose its laughable. I know all of these frats ask you to do something humiliating. If that wasn't enough, you also have to drop some guap, not much but it doesnt help convince one to join either.

I don't hate frats, its just that i dont like it when peeps try to defend frats like they have a higher purpose other than get you loose-cheek-high-mileage-box and popularity. Call it what it is, but don't disguise it. With that being said, if you really want the benefits then hope one of your friends joins a frat because then you get ALL of the benefits without any sacrifice. I'm a prime example.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

^ again, it depends on which frat you join. different frats, different standards.

true, but in most cases the frats (white or black) make you sacrifice your dignity in some form. Usually the ones that don't are the lame ones that no one likes.
grin.gif

true, but in most cases the frats (white or black) make you sacrifice your dignity in some form. Usually the ones that don't are the lame ones that no one likes.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

lotta frats nowadays have a no hazing policy, i believe it's actually illegal now

this.  frats are full of tools though, i have no idea why you'd wanna join. 

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

lotta frats nowadays have a no hazing policy, i believe it's actually illegal now

this.  frats are full of tools though, i have no idea why you'd wanna join. 

Back
Top Bottom