In the frat pledging process, what if you REFUSE to do some of the things they ask? What happens?

I've had friends who refused to do things and still got in but like everyone said each frats different.

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by TheeQuickness

Too many people believe in all the bogus stories put up on the internet. Those are just there to scare you. 
yeah, these are all bunk..
eyes.gif

http://hazing.hanknuwer.com/hazingmain.html

and aside from deadly or harmful incidents, i have been told PERSONALLY about hazing experiences of various friends. yes, some downright nasty/gay/humiliating stuff goes on. maybe not in your particular frat at your school, but don't deny that it happens.

I'm not denying hazing occurs. I know it does, hell I've been through it.

I guess I should have been more specific. Stories like the elephant walk or the biscuit circle was what I was referring to. I'm pretty sure at one point or another that form of hazing has existed.

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by TheeQuickness

Too many people believe in all the bogus stories put up on the internet. Those are just there to scare you. 
yeah, these are all bunk..
eyes.gif

http://hazing.hanknuwer.com/hazingmain.html

and aside from deadly or harmful incidents, i have been told PERSONALLY about hazing experiences of various friends. yes, some downright nasty/gay/humiliating stuff goes on. maybe not in your particular frat at your school, but don't deny that it happens.

I'm not denying hazing occurs. I know it does, hell I've been through it.

I guess I should have been more specific. Stories like the elephant walk or the biscuit circle was what I was referring to. I'm pretty sure at one point or another that form of hazing has existed.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Anyone know what the frats in University of Arizona are like?
College in AZ = {(|)}
Frats in AZ Get Plenty {(|)} {(|)} {(|)}
I went to u of a and was in the greek system.  10% of the campus is greek which makes it a lot more fun.  It gets softer every year but the school in general is fun so being in house just makes it that much more enjoyable. And yes there are a lot of sorostitutes who like to "have fun."

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Anyone know what the frats in University of Arizona are like?
College in AZ = {(|)}
Frats in AZ Get Plenty {(|)} {(|)} {(|)}
I went to u of a and was in the greek system.  10% of the campus is greek which makes it a lot more fun.  It gets softer every year but the school in general is fun so being in house just makes it that much more enjoyable. And yes there are a lot of sorostitutes who like to "have fun."

Originally Posted by SKYFLYDUl

In most cases if you refuse, you don't continue. But you also have to think about the scenario; what if you're asked to do something illegal? Some fraternities will test your judgment and not always the 'down' factor. You can get any hoodlum to pledge, but you got to find a bro to cross.

The first sentence of this post is true to a certain degree. You CAN get kicked off during Pre-Line but once your money is paid you CAN'T (unless its something to the extreme).  If you decide to drop under your own will after you've paid your money thats on u.....dumb decision though IMO.

Originally Posted by SKYFLYDUl

In most cases if you refuse, you don't continue. But you also have to think about the scenario; what if you're asked to do something illegal? Some fraternities will test your judgment and not always the 'down' factor. You can get any hoodlum to pledge, but you got to find a bro to cross.

The first sentence of this post is true to a certain degree. You CAN get kicked off during Pre-Line but once your money is paid you CAN'T (unless its something to the extreme).  If you decide to drop under your own will after you've paid your money thats on u.....dumb decision though IMO.

Back
Top Bottom