I'm a New Comedian- Help Me Out-Update-New Vid Page 1-Time Square Comedy

the nervousness, also to many awkward un-needed hand movement gestures. Also get on your timing game, and fluctuation of center words/emphasis on certain aspects/sections of a joke. Slow it down a tad, no need to be the twister of comedy. But all in all if you never even did it before pretty good. Also should work on set routine and craft/hone in on it and make it tailored to your best aspects. This will separate you from others. Most great standout comedians have a particular aspect etc speciality that differentiate them from the rest.

the nervousness, also to many awkward un-needed hand movement gestures. Also get on your timing game, and fluctuation of center words/emphasis on certain aspects/sections of a joke. Slow it down a tad, no need to be the twister of comedy. But all in all if you never even did it before pretty good. Also should work on set routine and craft/hone in on it and make it tailored to your best aspects. This will separate you from others. Most great standout comedians have a particular aspect etc speciality that differentiate them from the rest.

Stand up is a very hard thing to do. You have to be REALLY funny to pull it off and even the good comedians arent always good at it. With that being said you def did your thing. I enjoyed it and thats saying a lot bc it seems like most stand ups arent really that funny

Stand up is a very hard thing to do. You have to be REALLY funny to pull it off and even the good comedians arent always good at it. With that being said you def did your thing. I enjoyed it and thats saying a lot bc it seems like most stand ups arent really that funny

A lot of good pointers in here, I would say speak up. Also, work on varying your tone to accent the different parts of your jokes. Just don't make it formulaic to the point your jokes all have the same rhythm.

Props for going for it. Keep at it. You have something to work with.

A lot of good pointers in here, I would say speak up. Also, work on varying your tone to accent the different parts of your jokes. Just don't make it formulaic to the point your jokes all have the same rhythm.

Props for going for it. Keep at it. You have something to work with.

good stand up... give the crowd some time to enjoy the laugh, before the next punch.
wink.gif

Obviously cut down on the "umms", try to move slightly... at least your feet a little because you look very stiff and that can come across as nervous.

Definitely keep your rhythm and try not to rush through it. Of course, you only have a limited amount of time so you want to squeeze in as much as possible but see if you can cut down and edit parts of your set.. maybe an unnecessary line here and there that wasn't a huge laugh.

Much respect and credit for even getting up there, I've wanted to do it for awhile but haven't actually sat down and put pen to paper to try. Keep it up and the comfort level will increase.

Obviously cut down on the "umms", try to move slightly... at least your feet a little because you look very stiff and that can come across as nervous.

Definitely keep your rhythm and try not to rush through it. Of course, you only have a limited amount of time so you want to squeeze in as much as possible but see if you can cut down and edit parts of your set.. maybe an unnecessary line here and there that wasn't a huge laugh.

Much respect and credit for even getting up there, I've wanted to do it for awhile but haven't actually sat down and put pen to paper to try. Keep it up and the comfort level will increase.

The 'umms' and 'likes' definitely gotta be cut down alot
laugh.gif

But I thoroughly enjoyed your set
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I like how you play aloof to the fact that you're a comic on stage to the audience.
laugh.gif

The 'umms' and 'likes' definitely gotta be cut down alot
laugh.gif

But I thoroughly enjoyed your set
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I like how you play aloof to the fact that you're a comic on stage to the audience.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom