"If I Was Black I'd Move To Atlanta and Live Like A King", Says Another New Yorker At Dive Bar

So I was just looking at Oakland City and Bush Mountain neighborhoods on Google Maps.
Atlantans, are these the areas where I could live like a king? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
So many things goes into answering that question. You can get a great high rise condo in the heart of the city for about 2k, or you could get a great sized home outside the perimeter. What constitutes living like a king to you fam

:lol:

Dopeness how much you paying for rent/mortgage and sq footage?

Last edited:
So many things goes into answering that question. You can get a great high rise condo in the heart of the city for about 2k, or you could get a great sized home outside the perimeter. What constitutes living like a king to you fam
How many bedrooms is the condo? And I'm gonna be traveling internationally for the next few years, so I want to be comfortable financially.

laugh.gif

Dopeness how much you paying for rent/mortgage and sq footage?
Now? Here in New York?

Last edited:
You can get a 2 bedroom apt in Doraville (15 mins from downtown) for $800-850 a month. Gated community. And close to Follies :pimp:.

True story

You can get a 2 bedroom apt in Doraville (15 mins from downtown) for $800-850 a month. Gated community. And close to Follies
pimp.gif

True story
laugh.gif
 Follies is a strip club. I'm happily married breh. But I'd be looking for a four bedroom in a good K-12 school district.

Although I can be wrong, South Fulton, Atlanta looks like the place to live like a king. 
nthat.gif

Yes! I'm not sure why he pointed out being black as the only tipping point for moving to ATL but as a black man out here...this place is MAGIC!!!! It's ridiculous. Cost of living is low. The city is BEAUTIFUL but only second to the WOMAN! So many woman out here it's ridiculous and they're all looking to for men, any man. World's busiest Airport, awesome Aquarium, home of coca cola, the AUC (Atlanta University Center). This is the Mecca for young blacks of course, I won't lie but there is a nice diversity out here. Asians run Cobb county and that's a beautiful place. Hispanics are on the Eastside as well. Whites are all in midtown and buckhead. There's scenery for any and everything you're into and the people out here for the most part are good people. You get southern hospitality with a BIG CITY vibe. It's amazing.

...did I mention the women out here?

I will say this, if your looking for Yambs, atlanta is the place to go. It's near impossible to go to that place and not get hit on by a wide array of women.

kinda wanna visit now lol

Depends on where in south fulton.....usually the southside is rougher in my opinion than the north but prices are also lower....if you do a house make sure its not any subdivision that rents to section 8...northside has better schools

Depends on where in south fulton.....usually the southside is rougher in my opinion than the north but prices are also lower....if you do a house make sure its not any subdivision that rents to section 8...northside has better schools

Rougher? Man stop...is it because south Fulton is 89% Blacks?

My daughter's mother (who's a lawyer) lives on the south side - 5 bedroom house, (2013) built and paying around $1050 a month(including taxes and insurance) with a huge backyard...all the young upcoming families lives on the south side...

My parents lives 2 subdivision down from Denzel Washington who happens to live on the south side of Fulton County.

A lot of celebrities/successful African Americans live on the south side of Fulton county.

You have Camp Creek area - Butner Road...Stonewall Tell area.

Cascade Road area across from Fairburn Road area...

You have deep South Fulton past Hwy 138 on Old National hwy area...

Mableton is coming up to on the westside...

Parts of College Park/East Point is getting re-done...

Some of Lakewood and High Point is seriously coming up

Some parts of Union City...not a lot

Parts of the West End is getting a change but it's slow...if you are investing then yes. To move a family and wait, on the fence because the schools aren't that great.

You can go to Cobb County and parts of Gwinett County (Both have some of the worse traffic jams) Their school system are better...

Alpharetta and up is a good area but it's so far out and 400 traffic is the worse.

Gentrification is so real in the metro area it's not funny...you better get on it soon....

Edgewood, Kirkwood, Reynoldstown, Old Fourth Ward, Capital Hill, Cabbagetown, Grant Park, West Midtown, anywhere around that Beltline (www.beltline.org)

For me I live downtown in a loft..1900sq ft paying under $1500 with a skyline view of the city. 2 mins from the hwy, in the upcoming grant park/capital hill area. Okay schools.

If you concern about schools, they're charter schools here...private school is an option.

Just do your research on the school districts and then make a decision:

http://www.schooldigger.com/go/GA/schoolrank.aspx

Last edited:
Rougher? Man stop...is it because south Fulton is 89% Blacks?

My daughter's mother (who's a lawyer) lives on the south side - 5 bedroom house, (2013) built and paying around $1050 a month(including taxes and insurance) with a huge backyard...all the young upcoming families lives on the south side...

My parents lives 2 subdivision down from Denzel Washington who happens to live on the south side of Fulton County.

A lot of celebrities/successful African Americans live on the south side of Fulton county.

You have Camp Creek area - Butner Road...Stonewall Tell area.

Cascade Road area across from Fairburn Road area...

You have deep South Fulton past Hwy 138 on Old National hwy area...

Mableton is coming up to on the westside...

Parts of College Park/East Point is getting re-done...

Some of Lakewood and High Point is seriously coming up

Some parts of Union City...not a lot

Parts of the West End is getting a change but it's slow...if you are investing then yes. To move a family and wait, on the fence because the schools aren't that great.

You can go to Cobb County and parts of Gwinett County (Both have some of the worse traffic jams) Their school system are better...

Alpharetta and up is a good area but it's so far out and 400 traffic is the worse.

Gentrification is so real in the metro area it's not funny...you better get on it soon....

Edgewood, Kirkwood, Reynoldstown, Old Fourth Ward, Capital Hill, Cabbagetown, Grant Park, West Midtown, anywhere around that Beltline (www.beltline.org)

For me I live downtown in a loft..1900sq ft paying under $1500 with a skyline view of the city. 2 mins from the hwy, in the upcoming grant park/capital hill area. Okay schools.

If you concern about schools, they're charter schools here...private school is an option.

Just do your research on the school districts and then make a decision:

http://www.schooldigger.com/go/GA/schoolrank.aspx
sir i am black and i was referring to the union city/college park/east point which is south fulton and i know those areas aint all that.....all i am telling dude is to research the neighborhood because there are plenty that look good but when you move in its a different deal

i been here 20+ years and never knew anyone that would prefer to live in the southside.....but hey different strokes

So I was just looking at Oakland City and Bush Mountain neighborhoods on Google Maps.

Atlantans, are these the areas where I could live like a king? :nerd:

View media item 1950218
View media item 1950219

Oakland city is on the come up because its near the westside beltline. I saw you mentioned you had kids. its easier to thug out a neighborhood in transition when its just you or your and your wife but with kids you just have to take a tad more precaution, but as others stated south fulton would be more "family ready" than intown neighborhoods in their transition stages BUT getting in early could mean landing in a potential gold mine so its just depends on if you have time to deal with the nuances.

i been here 20+ years and never knew anyone that would prefer to live in the southside.....but hey different strokes

Yeah...

Typically the southern parts of major cities are designed to be worse because of water flow and sewage among the river. And in aylantas case..railroad expansion.

There are def some nice spots in the Southside. I myself have made a vow to never live on the west or south side of any city. East side ***** all day :pimp: :lol:.

In all seriousness, I plan on moving back to ATL in the next year. And am looking at Doraville, Stone Mountain or any of those apartments off Northside drive. Castleberry.

Yall do realize downtown ATL is damn near the hood right? Lol

Man, I'm from Baltimore....most of those areas look like nice areas to me :lol:.

I do know how it works around downtown though. You got your Lil spots close here and there like vine city, the bluff, mechanichsville etc etc that you may want to avoid.

Man, I'm from Baltimore....most of those areas look like nice areas to me :lol:.

I do know how it works around downtown though. You got your Lil spots close here and there like vine city, the bluff, mechanichsville etc etc that you may want to avoid.

Vine city aint even bad anymore the bluff and mechanichsville is another story though lol. But either way if you got common sense you will be straight

Yeah...

Typically the southern parts of major cities are designed to be worse because of water flow and sewage among the river. And in aylantas case..railroad expansion.

There are def some nice spots in the Southside. I myself have made a vow to never live on the west or south side of any city. East side ***** all day
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

In all seriousness, I plan on moving back to ATL in the next year. And am looking at Doraville, Stone Mountain or any of those apartments off Northside drive. Castleberry.
me too my dude....eastside all day.......west/south side is not a part of the city i would tell an out of towner to move to....get used to atl then decide

Back
Top Bottom