"If I Was Black I'd Move To Atlanta and Live Like A King", Says Another New Yorker At Dive Bar

No hate but I think ATL prob has the most people wearing J's than any place.

Also if it's so easy to open n run a biz then how is anyone caking if everyone has a biz down there?

Not sure if this is ATL or not but I would not move any place where the dominant population isn't progressive just all on some syrup, weed, rap, hella impressionable by hip hop culture, smoke weed all day, rather hit licks than get a job, getting mad women preg, etc. ain't nothing cute or progressive about that at all. Not saying this is ATL but it's plenty of south spots like this that I wish would cease to exist.

I enlarged it for you sir and I underlined it also. Only thing left for me to do is to teach you how to read or use braille. Learn how to read before you bust back sir. :smh:

You can't be this slow. Buckhead is actually in the city of Atlanta first of all. You also got ALOT of learning and growing up to do.

Secondly, you said out your own mouth that the you wouldn't live in a city like ATL where the "dominant population is on some syrup, weed, rap, hella impressionable by hip hop culture, smoke weed all day, rather hit licks than get a job, getting mad women preg, etc. "

You realize how foolish you sound when you say the "DOMINANT POPULATION"? Like that's a very close minded and narrow view. I honestly don't think it's worth schooling you...because you honestly couldn't grasp the concept of subcultures within cultures.

What you described is a stereotype of inner cities in America. Even withinin inner cities in America...that is not always the "dominant culture". You probably don't realize that Atlanta culture has more to it than a very small segment of a culture you know obviously nothing of.

That's enough words typed for me tonight. I need to continue my streak of yambs. Will be back in the am :lol:.

Please log off. You sound silly :smh:

Reading comprehension needs you boi. Two times I used the word not to connotate that I in fact was not making an assumption or generalization but you still insisted on reading what you wanted to see. Leads me to the next fact that hit dogs will holler. :wink:

A lot is extremely subjective. But I have to agree 60/80 isn't a lot, 100 is getting close.

And 80k is not Porsche money in the burbs of MD

Of course you're not going to be an instant millionaire. Problem is the lifestyle we choose to live and the debt. They say if you make 40K a year we are millionaires in our lifetime.

If you were debt free and made 60K-80K a year, you got that Porsche money. Let alone, 100K. :lol:

Never thought the day I hear 80K to 100k + ain't good money.

My step brother is debt free, makes 80K a year. He lives in College Park, MD. Own two homes(he rents out), a luxury car and a truck. He Travels all the time. No kids and never been married. He living like a king. Invest his money all the time. He lives off this 70/30 rule. Save 70% and live off 30%. He lives a simple lifestyle, not over the top with it.

It's always the broke people that always try to live this lavish lifestyle that can't afford it, while packing on debt. A whole lot of people in Atlanta are like this.

Drives a 2016 Benz but live with their moms. Or, in designer gear but can't afford to pay rent. Popping bottles in the club but roommates with 3 other guys. Females with red bottoms on but selling *****. Women driving Benz but the crib is empty on an air mattress... :lol:

But I always tell people, invest. Scared money don't make no money. Take half that tax money, save it and invest the rest.

*side note* if ever tax season you taking your tax money and trying to flip it on a pack, then you're not a good hustler..shouldn't take tax season to be your come up. :lol:.

Check out RobinHood app and get your hustle on.

Last edited:
I was on a layover at ATL a couple months ago, and got on Tinder and I had so many matches I felt like Tyson Beckford or something.

Of course you're not going to be an instant millionaire. Problem is the lifestyle we choose to live and the debt. They say if you make 40K a year we are millionaires in our lifetime.

If you were debt free and made 60K-80K a year, you got that Porsche money. Let alone, 100K. :lol:

My step brother is debt free, makes 80K a year. He lives in College Park, MD. Own two homes(he rents out), a luxury car and a truck. He Travels all the time. No kids and never been married. He living like a king. Invest his money all the time. He lives off this 70/30 rule. Save 70% and live off 30%. He lives a simple lifestyle, not over the top with it.

But I never said it wasn't good money. It's great money. But to me it isn't A LOT.

Two other points... 1. It's much easier to position yourself when you're debt free and come out of college making 40-50-60-70, and more within the next few years. How many people are lucky enough these days to say that's the case though? I didn't have that luxury, I put myself through school and have been on my own since 18. Not everyone just has no debt. 2. You said he doesn't live a lavish lifestyle. Which goes along with my point that if you have that money leftover, you're cutting expenses everywhere else. We're on a sneaker forum where dudes drop 500-1k on shoes. I don't think meager lifestyle is in many of our vocabularies. Sure, it's doable. But everyone is in here acting like 60-80k is a quarter mill. It's not, so let's stop that act.

Last edited:

But I never said it wasn't good money. It's great money. But to me it isn't A LOT.

Two other points... 1. It's much easier to position yourself when you're debt free and come out of college making 40-50-60-70, and more within the next few years. How many people are lucky enough these days to say that's the case though? I didn't have that luxury, I put myself through school and have been on my own since 18. Not everyone just has no debt. 2. You said he doesn't live a lavish lifestyle. Which goes along with my point that if you have that money leftover, you're cutting expenses everywhere else. We're on a sneaker forum where dudes drop 500-1k on shoes. I don't think meager lifestyle is in many of our vocabularies. Sure, it's doable. But everyone is in here acting like 60-80k is a quarter mill. It's not, so let's stop that act.

You're right, 80K to 100K is a great salary, but it's not a lot when a Google intern can make 80k a year.

When I worked at the airport TSA the Managers were making 80k with no college experience.

I subjectively agree with point 2.

However, that proves my argument for point 1. Priorities. I thought the exact same way until my mentor told me his story. Dude been on his own since 16. He came from overseas working in a hut peeling sugar canes. Family had nothing. Came to America and put himself through school while selling bibles door to door. :lol:. I thought they were free. After finishing school he landed a job making 20K a year and for the first 2-3 years he paid off his student loans and brought a used car cash. Everything is history.

Moral of the story, sacrifice for long term rewards. We live a short term society. Instant gratification. Got to change that.

Last edited:

However, that proves my argument for point 1. Priorities. I thought the exact same way until my mentor told me his story. Dude been on his own since 16. He came from overseas working in a hut peeling sugar canes. Family had nothing. Came to America and put himself through school while selling bibles door to door. :lol:. I thought they were free. After finishing school he landed a job making 20K a year and for the first 2-3 years he paid off his student loans and brought a used car cash. Everything is history.

Moral of the story, sacrifice for long term rewards. We live a short term society. Instant gratification. Got to change that.

I can't really disagree with what you're saying. Guy grinded and took care of his debt, everyone's situation is different. And just for the sake of discussion, not everyone is living for 20+ years down the road, or even long term. Different people, different mindsets.

I digress...My point is 60-80k is not what I think of as "Porsche money". I know a millionaire who rides a 911 turbo and his wife has a brand new Cayman...that's "Porsche money" my friends. Oh yea and just as a sidenote to rustle some jimmies.. They're both leased :rofl:

I can't really disagree with what you're saying. Guy grinded and took care of his debt, everyone's situation is different. And just for the sake of discussion, not everyone is living for 20+ years down the road, or even long term. Different people, different mindsets.

I digress...My point is 60-80k is not what I think of as "Porsche money". I know a millionaire who rides a 911 turbo and his wife has a brand new Cayman...that's "Porsche money" my friends. Oh yea and just as a sidenote to rustle some jimmies.. They're both leased :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

I digress...My point is 60-80k is not what I think of as "Porsche money". I know a millionaire who rides a 911 turbo and his wife has a brand new Cayman...that's "Porsche money" my friends. Oh yea and just as a sidenote to rustle some jimmies.. They're both leased
roll.gif
I wouldnt consider that "porsche money" at all but you can buy a 10 year old cayman or boxster for $25k and less. That millionaire family could be driving camries and it wouldnt prove anything different. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom