"If I Was Black I'd Move To Atlanta and Live Like A King", Says Another New Yorker At Dive Bar

No hate but I think ATL prob has the most people wearing J's than any place.

Also if it's so easy to open n run a biz then how is anyone caking if everyone has a biz down there?

Not sure if this is ATL or not but I would not move any place where the dominant population isn't progressive just all on some syrup, weed, rap, hella impressionable by hip hop culture, smoke weed all day, rather hit licks than get a job, getting mad women preg, etc. ain't nothing cute or progressive about that at all. Not saying this is ATL but it's plenty of south spots like this that I wish would cease to exist.

Man if you work and pay bills you shouldn't even bump into those types. I could see if maybe you are older and go to grad school or work on a campus.

Not an accurate representation below

Last edited:
No hate but I think ATL prob has the most people wearing J's than any place.

Also if it's so easy to open n run a biz then how is anyone caking if everyone has a biz down there?

Not sure if this is ATL or not but I would not move any place where the dominant population isn't progressive just all on some syrup, weed, rap, hella impressionable by hip hop culture, smoke weed all day, rather hit licks than get a job, getting mad women preg, etc. ain't nothing cute or progressive about that at all. Not saying this is ATL but it's plenty of south spots like this that I wish would cease to exist.

You really thought this was an intelligent post, didn't you?

:lol:

Please let us know where you're from?

hahaha. the way everyone talks about Atlanta on NT you would assume we Atlantans are all black.
I am white and from Atlanta. Lived here 20 years...

Been on NT since I was 14 or so - I am 26 now. 

Anyway, Ive only lived in the city 2 years out of the 20, but have spent a lot of time there so I know it like the back of my hand.

I live in Alpharetta now, lots of opportunity out here as well as the city as a whole, but the cost of living is definitely on the rise. Compared to NYC rent is still cheap, but as somebody noted, if you want to live in a safe and desirable area, you're still going to paying some decent $$$$.

I am white and from Atlanta. Lived here 20 years...

Been on NT since I was 14 or so - I am 26 now. 

Anyway, Ive only lived in the city 2 years out of the 20, but have spent a lot of time there so I know it like the back of my hand.

I live in Alpharetta now, lots of opportunity out here as well as the city as a whole, but the cost of living is definitely on the rise. Compared to NYC rent is still cheap, but as somebody noted, if you want to live in a safe and desirable area, you're still going to paying some decent $$$$.

yea Compared to NYC ATL is dirt cheap but ATL companies aren't paying NYC salaries so unless you get an out of town salary then it isn't always easy breezy getting a "dope crib"

yea Compared to NYC ATL is dirt cheap but ATL companies aren't paying NYC salaries so unless you get an out of town salary then it isn't always easy breezy getting a "dope crib"

Not trying to be a jerk, but you know the median income for both cities are actually very similar.

If you search Median household income in NYC it's around 52k and I think Atlanta is 50.

Not trying to be a jerk, but you know the median income for both cities are actually very similar.

If you search Median household income in NYC it's around 52k and I think Atlanta is 50.

So you are trying to make an argument jobs in NYC pay the same as in ATL? lol if you want to believe that go for it.

Aye Lucky, about when did you start noticing the fake butts popping up around the city?

Everytime I come down there, I see at least 3-5 OBVIOUSLY fake butts

Wait wut? :lol:.

You think the DOMINANT population of ATL is people who don't have jobs, sip lean, rap, wear J's and smoke weed?

There are other parts to life other than what you think trap rap is like. Get out the house man :lol:

You need to read again or work on your reading comprehension. I never said that.

Every time I go down there all I see is fake booties, gold teeth, gays, dreads, weaves everywhere, J's...starting at the airport with the folks who be pressing u about which line to stand in for screening. :lol:

On everything I can come from any remote place in the world blind folded n drop me off at Hartsfield airport and I swear I would know where I was instantaneously once blind fold removed. Prob would know just off all the "shawty" slang I would hear. :smh:

Last edited:
Every time I go down there all I see is fake booties, gold teeth, gays, dreads, weaves everywhere, J's...starting at the airport with the folks who be pressing u about which line to stand in for screening. :lol:

On everything I can come from any remote place in the world blind folded n drop me off at Hartsfield airport and I swear I would know where I was instantaneously once blind fold removed. Prob would know just off all the "shawty" slang I would hear. :smh:

you must be handing out in the employee lounge because majority of the people in Hartsfield aren't even from ATL being that it is a major hub for connector Delta flights.

So you are trying to make an argument jobs in NYC pay the same as in ATL? lol if you want to believe that go for it.

My point is that the median income is about the same. So something doesn't add up.

I can say for jobs I've been searching for the salary isn't that far off from DC. Maybe 3-5k less.

My point is that the median income is about the same. So something doesn't add up.

I can say for jobs I've been searching for the salary isn't that far off from DC. Maybe 3-5k less.

NYC has a Higher COL than DC and DC has a higher COL than ATL.

A Job that pays 100k in NYC may pay 85 in DC and 70 in ATL.

That being said in ATL 60-75k you can pretty much live most places (rent) if you dont have a ton of debt, while in NYC (Manhattan at least) 60-75k will have you in some tiny hole in the wall 300 sqft studio.

NYC has a Higher COL than DC and DC has a higher COL than ATL.

A Job that pays 100k in NYC may pay 85 in DC and 70 in ATL.

That being said in ATL 60-75k you can pretty much live most places (rent) if you dont have a ton of debt, while in NYC (Manhattan at least) 60-75k will have you in some tiny hole in the wall 300 sqft studio.

I wasn't arguing that at all.

My point was that median income in NYC doesn't align with COL unlike other high cost areas (DC & San Fran). Which is why I always wonder are people really getting paid that much in NYC.

I'm agreeing with you, I was just questioning the whole NYC salary thing.

Either way you're living better in the South even making 20% less. My coworkers are making 60k and still have 3 roommates and sharing a bathroom for $1200/month in DC. It's wild out here.

Last edited:
I wasn't arguing that at all.

My point was that median income in NYC doesn't align with COL unlike other high cost areas (DC & San Fran). Which is why I always wonder are people really getting paid that much in NYC.

I'm agreeing with you, I was just questioning the whole NYC salary thing.

Either way you're living better in the South even making 20% less. My coworkers are making 60k and still have 3 roommates and sharing a bathroom for $1200/month in DC. It's wild out here.

the thing is folks cant afford to live in NYC so the median income isn't correlating with the cost of housing as it should. With ATL a lot of people who say they "From the A" dont even live in ATL lol. The actual city limits of ATL is tiny and many folks can't afford to live in town. Most these folks who brag about the big house they got dirt cheap in ATL dont live in ATL they live in the burbs most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom