If everyone didn't grab EVERY release, maybe JB would care about Quality.

It's not a lost cause. i think it all leads back to the hype. hype tells people we have to have em. But you really don't "have to" have em. If we could somehow stop the hype. And I understand if people buy 1 pair or 2 pairs. But 3-6 pairs?? especially the retros being put out nowadays...

Originally Posted by FDUB

It's Capitalism.. Cut cost on materials and raise the price. As much as I love sneakers and against the low quality shoes, I think it is pretty genius for Nike to do this..   
This.  It's business.  They don't care about the core small percentage that loves Jordans and will likely cop either way.  JB wants to cut costs and lure in new buyers.  These new buyers won't care about how the quality used to be since they will only know the current quality or lack there of.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Sadly at this point it is a lost cause. JB is thriving off of hype alone. Normal GR's are selling out on day of release. JB is at it's highest point of hype, ever. I'm in high school and notice this first hand, everybody wants to be a shoe head. So if the OG collectors don't purchase a pair a hypebeast gladly will seeing as how they don't know the difference of OG's and older retros.
A perfect example is the White Cement 4's. Some people haven't even held let alone seen a pair from '99 or '89. These youngsters nowadays don't know what the quality was like when JB was once great. They also immediately think that because they bought any pair of Jordans at Footlocker they're automatically worth double what they paid.
laugh.gif

I for one will not stand for these poor quality retros. If it's a good quality retro however I have no problem purchasing them (Chi X's). If I don't like the quality or changes made to a retro I just wont buy a pair, more money in my wallet.
It's interesting to get a perspective from someone who is in high school.  It's crazy how the emergence of resellers has taken over the sneaker culture and that some people buy Jordans to make a quick buck.  Not to date myself, but when I was in high school the OG XIs came out.  There was interest, but nothing like the hype that surrounds every release nowadays.  When I was in college I remember walking into Athlete's Foot and picking up the first retro of the Concords AFTER the release date and then seeing Chick's Sporting Goods selling the Space Jams early.  Those days are long gone and I am amazed to see the interest in Jordans at such an all time high, be it because it is the fad or for reselling purposes.  I agree with the previous post, it's business and what Nike/JB has achieved is pure genius.  If you had a business model where you could maximize as much profit as possible while reducing costs, all the while knowing the product will sell out, it's a no brainer Nike/JB produce and price the newer retros the way they do.      

roll.gif
A "boycott" of certain releases will not help. You know how long this type of talk has been happening? You might get the point across with the NT/shoe head crowd, but you still have the general adults and children who will buy. Like what others have said, it's a lost cause. Unless you find away to hijack every Nike/Jordan delivery truck delivering shoes.
laugh.gif

Nike can replace the leather with literally plastic (unlike the crappy synthetic leather they already use) and people would still buy them even at the inflated cost. It'll only get worse from here.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

blah blah blah blah

its the same old song and dance

you dont like the quality

its you yourself who should stop buying
i already know what i getting for my money
THIS!!

If you don't like the quality don't buy the shoe. If (insert how many pairs they create) amount of people like the quality enough to drop $160 they will. Protest with your wallet not mine.

pimp.gif

most sneakerheads dont even cop current releases anymore
its mostly the little hypbeast on ISS and tumblr + resellers

I am in the super minority, but I will not buy trash retros any longer. Throw it down like you did on the Playoff XIII's and Bordeauxs and I'll copp.

Sad but its true, i don't buy a new JB release unless i absolutely love the sneaker, and they will keep making bad quality as long as people keep buying them.

I hope OP now realizes that hypebeast are the ones getting the most of these releases now... Not so much true collectors... So its really out of anyone's hands at this point...

Back
Top Bottom