If everyone didn't grab EVERY release, maybe JB would care about Quality.

Originally Posted by OneManDeep

If everyone would stop grabbing these low quality retros, maybe JB would be forced to step up. Everyone complains about quality (Joqdan, stitching,Champio_ship), yet you grab MULTIPLE pairs as soon as the shoe drops. As a result JB gets there money and could care less about quality. If a stand was made, shoes would sit so long that they went to outlets and we bought there for almost HALF the price. Instead we get less quality and the company has the nerve to charge us MORE. A $105-135 quality OG vs a cheap $160-180 retro or retro+? And we are all guilty of letting them rip us. IT HAS TO STOP.. imagine where these prices will be at in the coming years. They are going to hold out on the Bred 11s until they can drop them for $200 on release. I know that the reality of so called "sneaker-heads" not buying on release is far-fetched, but hopefully this will open a few blind eyes. We have to start somewhere 
U HIT IT RIGHT ON THE NAIL,BIG HOMIE! GOOD POST,FAM! HOLLA...
CED B.

We can start by getting rid of the resellers. Don't buy for more than $40 over retail on general releases.

Originally Posted by fherjohn

We can start by getting rid of the resellers. Don't buy for more than $40 over retail on general releases.
Even better would be to skip buying this low quality junk at retail and wait for it to be RTVed or sent to the outlets. Low quality retro product at sub $100 prices could be considered fair, low quality retro product at $160 is highway robbery.

Originally Posted by vood99

Even better would be to skip buying this low quality junk at retail and wait for it to be RTVed or sent to the outlets. Low quality retro product at sub $100 prices could be considered fair, low quality retro product at $160 is highway robbery.

So true. But it seems that people like to get rob... 

Originally Posted by eltouha

wait.... did he say slavery?

I did not compare jordans to slavery.. calm down. I was referring to someones ITS POINTLESS TO FIGHT BACK style attitude. saying that if everyone had that attitude, wrongs would never get made right.

run for office...

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

blah blah blah blah

its the same old song and dance

you dont like the quality

its you yourself who should stop buying
i already know what i getting for my money
THIS!!

If you don't like the quality don't buy the shoe. If (insert how many pairs they create) amount of people like the quality enough to drop $160 they will. Protest with your wallet not mine.

Originally Posted by solejordan

If everyone would stop grabbing these low quality retros, maybe JB would be forced to step up. Everyone complains about quality (Joqdan, stitching,Champio_ship), yet you grab MULTIPLE pairs as soon as the shoe drops. As a result JB gets there money and could care less about quality. If a stand was made, shoes would sit so long that they went to outlets and we bought there for almost HALF the price. Instead we get less quality and the company has the nerve to charge us MORE. A $105-135 quality OG vs a cheap $160-180 retro or retro+? And we are all guilty of letting them rip us. IT HAS TO STOP.. imagine where these prices will be at in the coming years. They are going to hold out on the Bred 11s until they can drop them for $200 on release. I know that the reality of so called "sneaker-heads" not buying on release is far-fetched, but hopefully this will open a few blind eyes. We have to start somewhere 

JB gets their money long before the consumer buys the product so either way they dont lose.

It's the retailer that loses

uh.......... when the retailer starts to lose so does nike/jordan brand. they both lose. retailers will stop buying from nike/jordan due to horrible sales. not sure what planet you live on. 
but like everyone said already it will never end until the fad of retro/jordan brand is over. 

the brand doesnt sell off the legacy of jordan it sells because it is whats in right now. 

Originally Posted by solejordan

JB gets their money long before the consumer buys the product so either way they dont lose.

It's the retailer that loses

this is the truth
why you think mom and pop stores at least in nyc take advantage 

they will give you the same old song and dance how nike makes them buy crap just to get the shoes that really sell 

nike gets paid on wholesale price and what the outlets are for the most part a goldmine for them 

everything in the outlets has already been paid for 

EXACTLY! You must have been a retail employee prior. If more people knew that if you dont buy, it just gets RTVd and sold at outlet prices, maybe they would understand my point more. An overpriced retro at 160, would turn into an outlet release for under 100. Funny thing is there would be outlet campers

sounds good but in reality it would take MANY celebrities that can influence the MASSES to preach jordans suck in quality
But the POWERS that be aint havin that
i agree with you though, but 98.5% are not ready to be unplugged.

The only way I think JB will step up quality is if an athlete were to wear the shoes, play in them and hopefully fall apart on the athletes feet. Then the media will start to play the video over and over again and embarrass JB. That might be the only way.

It's Capitalism.. Cut cost on materials and raise the price. As much as I love sneakers and against the low quality shoes, I think it is pretty genius for Nike to do this..   

EXACTLY! You must have been a retail employee prior. If more people knew that if you dont buy, it just gets RTVd and sold at outlet prices, maybe they would understand my point more. An overpriced retro at 160, would turn into an outlet release for under 100. Funny thing is there would be outlet campers
I've done my fair share of retail in my youth. If retro product consistently hit the outlets (and I'm talking every single release, not just the retro+ stuff) then the likelihood of outlet campers would be low too.

1znn70p.jpg

1. Many of us skipped many releases either
Because of low quality in terms of materials
Or paintjob or shape.
2. The quality actually improved since 2010
Compared what we got from jb for almost
10 years.
my recent retros like the aj11 lows i.e.,
Stealth 3 and chicago 10 are satisfying.
the leather and shape are not only more
Consistent but also better than most
Retros released since 2002.

Originally Posted by SoSickening

1znn70p.jpg

lol!  %*%
roll.gif

Sadly at this point it is a lost cause. JB is thriving off of hype alone. Normal GR's are selling out on day of release. JB is at it's highest point of hype, ever. I'm in high school and notice this first hand, everybody wants to be a shoe head. So if the OG collectors don't purchase a pair a hypebeast gladly will seeing as how they don't know the difference of OG's and older retros.
A perfect example is the White Cement 4's. Some people haven't even held let alone seen a pair from '99 or '89. These youngsters nowadays don't know what the quality was like when JB was once great. They also immediately think that because they bought any pair of Jordans at Footlocker they're automatically worth double what they paid.
laugh.gif

I for one will not stand for these poor quality retros. If it's a good quality retro however I have no problem purchasing them (Chi X's). If I don't like the quality or changes made to a retro I just wont buy a pair, more money in my wallet.

The amount of people who couldn't care less about the quality far outweighs the ones who do. An absolute lost cause. I would love to have premium leather on my retros. But I know that the selling formula for Jordan brand has been working without fail for the last 10 or so years. Not even the recession stopped shoes from selling out. If the greatest financial crisis of the last 20 years couldn't stop people from buying retros, what chance does a sneaker forum have?

Not trying to be an %%+. Just being absolutely realistic.

Everyone's all talk in here, no one takes initiative. That's the problem with this generation, the generation prior to ours didn't hoard shoes like the majority of you do. JB takes advantage of this and therefore do as they please. I stick to buying one to two pairs a year out the store, and that's how it should be.

bo aint lyin, I work for Foot Locker and every time we get the shipments in I'm appalled every time.

Originally Posted by airdhazzal

Everyone's all talk in here, no one takes initiative. That's the problem with this generation, the generation prior to ours didn't hoard shoes like the majority of you do. JB takes advantage of this and therefore do as they please. I stick to buying one to two pairs a year out the store, and that's how it should be.

you are right on one hand but wrong on the other. i can agree to an extent but i couldnt buy one or two a year, there are certain things i actually like by JB. sometimes the quality is up to par and it happens to be something i want/didnt have/ couldn't afford prior. I wouldnt say the problem is everyone that buys shoes, i would more lean to everyone that grabs anything hyped+those that buy and think they can sell for some huge profit

Originally Posted by sentinel se7en

The amount of people who couldn't care less about the quality far outweighs the ones who do. An absolute lost cause. I would love to have premium leather on my retros. But I know that the selling formula for Jordan brand has been working without fail for the last 10 or so years. Not even the recession stopped shoes from selling out. If the greatest financial crisis of the last 20 years couldn't stop people from buying retros, what chance does a sneaker forum have?

Not trying to be an %%+. Just being absolutely realistic.
Oh you are from from being an @++hole, your statement is a contribution to the conversation. Atleast its not some foolish gift posted by a moron, or another idiotic comment. Now the recession affected corporations mostly. Second, im not in hope that this one post will be the revolution that ends this, just a small start to atleast affect a few people who will in turn relay the thought to a few other people and so on. More than anything im just expressing my personal opinion

Back
Top Bottom