Ice hockey 2010 Winter Olympics (CANADA VS. USA GOLD MEDAL 3:15PM EST SUNDAY)

Watching this made me wanna go out and play some hockey man
pimp.gif

US had many chances in that OT but just never converted on fast breaks

Nice to see some people coming in with their arrogant messages regarding Canada.  Awesome stuff

hate to see the olympics end, summer or winter. definitely appreciated while they last. tons of memorable moments not just for canadian athletes, that slovenian girl that won bronze with several broken ribs and a collapsed lung... thats incredible heart.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Ryan Suter, way to chase the puck leaving the Kid wiiiiiiiide open for a clear shot. Terrible screw up on his part. Paul Stastny had to have been the worst player on team USA. Dude was straight garbage all tourney long. Whoever said up there about the Canadians having the future on lock, you are aware that the US squad was the youngest right? Talk about having a bright future.
And we won the WJC (vs. Canada)....there is PLENTY of good YOUNG talent in the US pipeline. 

Gold would have been great for the US...but there is zero shame in getting a silver.  Remember, the US wasn't even picked to medal.  The organizers of the US olympic team booked all the flights for the players for this morning under the assumption that the US wouldn't even be playing in this game.  This was a huge step in the right direction.  We'll see you all in Sochi. 
And I've got mad respect for their program. I think the WJC showed that USA is going to be competing quite a bit in both the junior and senior levels of the sport.
You could tell in this tournament that the Americans have taken huge strides over the past few years. No doubt about it, they are going to be competing at a high level for the next 15 years or so. And DoubleJ's your right, no shame in a silver for that squad. A gold would be great, but considering the development of the program itself, a silver is great to work off of.

I hate to see the olympics end. International competition is so much more intense than regular, IMO. Not just that, but the olympics is just... something else entirely. Hard to describe how much it means to people. Maybe I am biased from thsi year, considering that we were hosting it. But even still, its a celebration. Great to see all countries do well and compete. Didnt think I would enjoy it this much.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Heavy duty failure by the USA
Spoken like someone who doesn't know jack +*+% about Hockey
laugh.gif
exactly what i was gonna say
laugh.gif

I'd love to hear him explain his reasoning behind saying that.

I was happy as hell to see Parise get the tying goal and pissed Crosby won it
laugh.gif
.  Great game to round out what IMO was a great Winter Olympics.  Congratulations to Canada.  They played well and deserved the win after putting it all together after the loss last week.  Most talented team won it.  Miller played phenomenal and he has no reason to hang his head.  Like DJ's said, he is the best goalie in the world.  This team has a very bright future.  The youngest team in the tournamnet and there are a TON of young Americans in the minors and college.  Coming for the gold in 2014.  Once again, congrats to Canada for winning the gold and a lot of respect for giving a round of applause to the American team.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Heavy duty failure by the USA
Spoken like someone who doesn't know jack +*+% about Hockey
laugh.gif
exactly what i was gonna say
laugh.gif

I'd love to hear him explain his reasoning behind saying that.
What's the controversy? The US lost. Sure Canada was the favorite as well as the better team today, but the US was more than well-equipped to win (just as they did in the earlier round). This loss was big despite the promise that the many players on the American team have. If you can't admit this was a big loss for the US then you're in denial.

It was a big loss but I think its big based on the fact its the Olympics and nothing else. Expert analysts predicted a Canada/Russia final and a Sweeden/Finland/US combo Bronze matchup. NO ONE thought they'd get as far as the Gold game, let alone beating Canada and destroying Finland on the way.

NT Hockey Fan Summit, Sochi 2014, Gold Medal Game. I'm gonna start saving my pennies now.
pimp.gif

great game......happy it was not a blow out......nice to see some more people interested in hockey......

now LETS GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!
CORSBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The biggest game in CANADIAN HISTORY!

The most golds ever!!!

wow

GOAT Olympics!!!

WOW. GO CANADA GO !

great game and had the most amazing time with my son...

best part, was my Son and I wearing Crosby gear to the game
( his favorite player and best choice I see )

i didnt see any negative comments.

they must have been obscured by my free Healthcare and the overwhelming gleam of GOLD.

I think these Olympics re-emphasized how inferior the level of hockey is in the NHL compared to international play.

Players are more passionate, everything means so much more, good scheduling, quality hockey, no ******s skating around looking to fight or 'set the tone' by going for a big hit that happens away from the puck.

You watch international hockey and it is exactly what the game is about. Players genuinely care since almost every match is do-or-die unlike in the NHL where way too many games are played...the games are played in a short period of time which keeps fans interested (unlike the NHL playoffs where you sometimes have to wait 10-days to see a team play again)...you have a bunch of quality players that are skilled and are just good all around players...you dont see goons that make the NHL unbearable sometimes.

Anyways, the NHL has won a ton of casual fans over for the time being...now lets see how the ******s in the NHL's New York offices ruin it.

BTW, I read that the World Cup of hockey will be going on in September 2011. The last one was in 2004 in which Canada won in Toronto. The one before it was back in 1996 which the U.S. won.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

NT Hockey Fan Summit, Sochi 2014, Gold Medal Game. I'm gonna start saving my pennies now.
pimp.gif
dude...thatd be epic. i am down to go for sure

Players are more passionate, everything means so much more, good scheduling, quality hockey, no ******s skating around looking to fight or 'set the tone' by going for a big hit that happens away from the puck.

I agree, and you can say that about any sport at the national level.  It's just a different feeling when you put on a jersey representing your home country.  Sports at an international level is just amazing to watch.  Basketball, soccer (can't wait for the world cup this summer), and even hockey is
pimp.gif
.  You can see the comradery with all the players and there ain't nothing like it.

Congrats to the Canadian hockey team and to Canada.  I've been reading a lot of stories about how welcoming the whole country has been.  Whether it's giving people their own tickets to an event or just showing people around the city, you guys have been a class act.  There's nothing like the olympics
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Ryan Suter, way to chase the puck leaving the Kid wiiiiiiiide open for a clear shot. Terrible screw up on his part. Paul Stastny had to have been the worst player on team USA. Dude was straight garbage all tourney long. Whoever said up there about the Canadians having the future on lock, you are aware that the US squad was the youngest right? Talk about having a bright future.
And we won the WJC (vs. Canada)....there is PLENTY of good YOUNG talent in the US pipeline. 

Gold would have been great for the US...but there is zero shame in getting a silver.  Remember, the US wasn't even picked to medal.  The organizers of the US olympic team booked all the flights for the players for this morning under the assumption that the US wouldn't even be playing in this game.  This was a huge step in the right direction.  We'll see you all in Sochi. 

Naw, it is the NHLPA that did the booking from what I understand. It was done strictly off the rankings going in, like you said, though.

Unbelievable game, props to the USA on an amazing tourny. Miller is a stud, you have some crazy talent.

That said, excuse me when I say the gold is back where it belongs.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
at how excited canadians are about winning.

I literally don't know 1 person that was talking about or watching the game.

No I watched in a bar in downtown Toronto, we barley were able to find one, almost all of them were full and we came almost 2 hours before the game started.

Man when USA scored that goal people were about to cry, you have to understand we hate you, all of you so much. Then Iginla to Crosby, it was so fast the room erupted. We went out side people were everywhere screaming singing songs it was amazing.

Went to strip club lots of canada themed costumes, went back out, let me tell you it was ****ing in side there was like a giant mosh pit in Young and Dundas(Canadian Time square) everyone was going NUTS, some dude was playing the bongo in the middle and we were chanting vaerious songs, oh canada, we broke out into a chant of, USA, NO ****ING WAY and We have free healthcare, america **** you, it was great. Then we met these two girls in the middle of the corwd of people, she decided to light a joint and share it with us I don't smoke but it was ****ing cool. People were crowd surfing, the couple who did crowd surf got groped like crazy lol, I swear this one dude just grabbed at her #+@@ and rubbed, I yelled sexual assult as a joke. Crazy. Were going nuts, people were climbing on trees and sign posts, this dude was on a trafic light and couple dudes were on bush shelters, the streets were lokced down it was insane. My voice is GONE, bought a cigar and smoked it as we savored the victory.

World domination +#++**%.

One of the greatest sports moments of my life.

Originally Posted by I HIT LICKS

laugh.gif
where do you live? crawl out from under that box, homey

Originally Posted by I HIT LICKS

laugh.gif
where do you live? crawl out from under that box, homey

Not canada. Seems like the only place this was relevent and to all 39 NHL fans in the US.

Who pays attention to Hockey??? 

WINTER olympics at that
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom